Acer Predator XR341CK 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync

You may need to turn down a couple settings for BF4. My experience with SWBF was that it ran at 3440x1440 without issue... but I don't know if it ran at 100fps...

What camera settings should be used to realistically capture rather than exaggerate BLB?

look what we got in today. I'm tempted to buy it since I can get it for a bit cheaper. But if you're around the brooklyn microcenter we only have one for now.
2drcf8w.jpg

FYI I've been lurking this thread since it was born:D

Got the ONE at MC Atlanta. Been using TV monitors for many many years as my primary screen. Any recommendations on a good receiver to use for my cable, ps4, and one?

Predator.jpg

The AG coating is light enough that it does a good job of reducing reflections whilst not ruining image quality. The IPS glow is at an acceptable level in my opinion.

Let's hear some quick reviews. I could pick one up today if I wanted, but want some hands on impressions.

I just reserved one at MC. I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow though.

Got the x34 at the microcenter in nva. Looking forward to unpacking it and comparing it to my triple 24s.

Ty for the heads up mannequin

Got the x34 at the microcenter in nva. Looking forward to unpacking it and comparing it to my triple 24s.

Ty for the heads up mannequin
NP.
I couldnt help it so I put this guy on display plugged into an alienware with 2 980's. messed around with some games and it seems pretty solid at 100hz. Today though, someone bought the display unit. dont know if it was one of you guys but there goes my toy:(

Well, I'm having some pretty bad issues with the X34. 100 hz doesn't seem stable and sometimes causes flickering and even BSODS on Mad Max and TW3. Gsync also seems to cause issues in certain games and TW3 runs at a much higher FPS with it disabled. Overall I've had nothing but headaches so far. My new build has been perfect for the last couple weeks with my 1080P monitor, but as soon as I hooked up the X34 and set it to 100 hz, it's been nothing but problems. I've completely uninstalled the nvidia drivers and reinstalled them, but still having problems.

Gonna install a fresh copy of Windows tomorrow and mess with it some more just in case there is a driver issue or something I'm missing. If that doesn't fix it, then she's going back to Microcenter. It's a beautiful monitor, but I'm starting to feel like it's a dud.

If you hadn't already, try the latest hotfix patch. That patch have specifically addressed some G-Sync related performance issues.

For any who care. I started a X34 Owner's thread HERE

Since this thread is a tad outdated and has 9 months of speculation and has served it's purpose, now that the Acer X34 is out.

I still don't understand which one is for NVidia and which one for AMD. Can someone link me to an available GSYNC version of the monitor. Also how is the QC on this thing. My friend bought the 27 inch IPS Gsync BURP version from ACER and he sent it back after a day due to BLB and funny colors.

Been waiting for a decent monitor for 3 years and this one seemed to fit the bill. If someone can link me to it I will buy it. Thanks.

The Gsync is actually called the "Predator X34". Look at the screenshot on the first post of this page (Page 40). It was previously going by a different name.

Technically, another thread was made for it in addition to the one we are currently in, which may have caused some confusion, this one:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1879633

I still don't understand which one is for NVidia and which one for AMD. Can someone link me to an available GSYNC version of the monitor. Also how is the QC on this thing. My friend bought the 27 inch IPS Gsync BURP version from ACER and he sent it back after a day due to BLB and funny colors.

Been waiting for a decent monitor for 3 years and this one seemed to fit the bill. If someone can link me to it I will buy it. Thanks.

This one son
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=24-009-869

Really enjoying the X34. A bit of bleed on the top left, but pretty good color accuracy even out of the box and running flawlessly at 100hz

Last edited:
Well, I'm having some pretty bad issues with the X34. 100 hz doesn't seem stable and sometimes causes flickering and even BSODS on Mad Max and TW3. Gsync also seems to cause issues in certain games and TW3 runs at a much higher FPS with it disabled. Overall I've had nothing but headaches so far. My new build has been perfect for the last couple weeks with my 1080P monitor, but as soon as I hooked up the X34 and set it to 100 hz, it's been nothing but problems. I've completely uninstalled the nvidia drivers and reinstalled them, but still having problems.

Gonna install a fresh copy of Windows tomorrow and mess with it some more just in case there is a driver issue or something I'm missing. If that doesn't fix it, then she's going back to Microcenter. It's a beautiful monitor, but I'm starting to feel like it's a dud.

I'll do you one better than the nvidia hotfix. This fixed my BSOD issues with Far Cry 4 and Arma 3 when using the X34:

Use DDU to uninstall all nvidia software (in Safe mode, just like the app will suggest) then download and reinstall the normal latest nvidia drivers:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Worked great for me and a few others, try it.

Damn Son, welp you can back order with ShopBLT....ordered from them before and they are good to go....they got 27 coming in with only 10 spoken for Son

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop...1Q5414P.shtml&order_id=!ORDERID!#Availability

Anyone have any experience with them? It seems like a bit of a lottery with this monitor at this point. If I had issues like officer921 above I'd want to return it, just read through shopblt's rma policy and it doesn't seem very forgiving.

XR341CK is on sale a bunch of places for around $899. Is this a considerably better deal if I want to use Freesync with my Crossfire 290x cards? I tried 4k on the LG 27 inch with Freesync but I'm not ready for 4k (can't downsize from 4k when streaming). There are some other 21:9 IPS screens as low as $650, but none have Freesync and cap at a max 60 hz.

XR341CK is on sale a bunch of places for around $899. Is this a considerably better deal if I want to use Freesync with my Crossfire 290x cards? I tried 4k on the LG 27 inch with Freesync but I'm not ready for 4k (can't downsize from 4k when streaming). There are some other 21:9 IPS screens as low as $650, but none have Freesync and cap at a max 60 hz.

If you're rolling in the Red, sure!

(this thread is about the G-Sync version, so not much applies; the Freesync version is a bit more limited, but likely more stable).

Back