Acer Predator XR341CK 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Screen with G-sync

you snip, I snip

Not useless, but not especially useful. There are no actual OLED monitors. Comparisons to televisions (that also aren't matching resolution and other features) are inadequate.

But no one is stopping anyone from trying to game on an OLED TV if that's the best experience for them. Similarly, given the featureset of this monitor, it's price is not truly outrageous (though hardly ideal), and the market will decide if there are enough use cases to make this model a viable option.

No one loses in there being more options in the market.

Looks like the review has been updated and Acer is confirmed to have a fixed firmware in all units going forward. Weird that this issue got through QA, but glad to see them jump to the fix pretty quickly.

September is almost over....anyone in the US have this yet?

EDIT: I read somewhere its middle of October now for US release. Can't wait to see and hear more about user reviews about this and similar (Asus) versions.

Last edited:
Man this thread died and i can't seem to get any new information on the gsync version of this screen. Real release date etc. Anyone?

Man this thread died and i can't seem to get any new information on the gsync version of this screen. Real release date etc. Anyone?

My guess is it will end up being November before we see any here in the states. Latest is mid to late October but personally I expect that to slip.

I hope it meets most expectations and drops in price as fast as the first curved 34-inchers.

So now the question becomes how much is G-Sync and an extra 40Hz refresh rate worth? Right now it is carrying a dizzying $600 price premium (nearly double the price).

So now the question becomes how much is G-Sync and an extra 40Hz refresh rate worth? Right now it is carrying a dizzying $600 price premium (nearly double the price).

No tearing, no v-sync lag, and 66% faster refresh rates on a curved 5MP IPS? Yeah, it's worth it.

Agreed. I was considering this, but I got a Dell U3415W delivered for $699. And the panel will do 75hz without any issues, even though it's spec'd at 60hz, it overclocks well.

For the money, I'll take two U3415W's! :D

Is this a G-sync 2.0 monitor? It is listed as having two inputs which is what I have been desperately waiting for. The single input on my ROG Swift is killing me.

I have it on auto notify. Is there any way to know if/when they will have more available for preorder?

Yeah, I want my next g-sync screen to have "other" inputs even if not g-sync supported. Never know when you just need to hook a screen up to something else.

What line of stores would I possibly be able to see one of these on display after they come out?

What line of stores would I possibly be able to see one of these on display after they come out?

Fry's or Microcenter maybe? They don't have the biggest retail footprint though. I doubt it will be sold at BestBuy but I could be wrong.

Comforting that US orders are shipping now, gives me time to cancel my pre-order in case Acer's quality control went out the window (again) on the X34s.

I just realised this monitor is already available for sale in Taiwan. The surprising part is that it took them half a year to release the TN version (yes, TN) of XB270HU, really surprised to see this on sale here.

$1000 is our asking price.

just to check, is this thread a conflation of discussions on both the gysnc and the aysnc model?

or is there a separate ongoing discussion of the async model?

I think it's currently combined.

And the version that is available at the moment seem to be FreeSync version, not G-Sync\

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realised the F-Sync version has been out for a while.

I just got an email from newegg about availability, but it still shows out of stock... BLAST!

I just got an email from newegg about availability, but it still shows out of stock... BLAST!

Same here, I bet there were a handful available due to cancellations and they got ordered again immediately.

Okay, I think I'm going to jump on this as soon as I can. But first thing I'm going to do when it arrives is put some black tape over that logo on the bottom.

Okay, I think I'm going to jump on this as soon as I can. But first thing I'm going to do when it arrives is put some black tape over that logo on the bottom.

Yeah, that logo is horrible. Would love a more minimal bezel option or mod.

Excuse me for leaving my lurker status, but I talked with Acer about when I could get one of these monitors from them directly, and they told me they will not have them in stock until mid-late November, as all the quantities they have coming in have already been spoken for.

Just passing along the information, now back to lurking.

Back