Acer Predator XB321HK - 4K 32" g-sync incoming ?

And it's a safe bet that Dell is stupid enough to have engineered the OLED monitor in a way that gives it the highest amount of input lag possible. Just watch. It's going to have input lag up the ass and be worthless for games.

We're at least another year or two off from a monitor that isn't a piece of shit. Useless display manufacturing industry...

And it's a safe bet that Dell is stupid enough to have engineered the OLED monitor in a way that gives it the highest amount of input lag possible. Just watch. It's going to have input lag up the ass and be worthless for games.

We're at least another year or two off from a monitor that isn't a piece of shit. Useless display manufacturing industry...

why you say that. The p2715q and the u241x line has alwauys had good inout lag as far as i recall

It's been a couple months now and the monitor has been available at Newegg and some other etailers for a bit now. Any one take a shot with one of these?

It's been a couple months now and the monitor has been available at Newegg and some other etailers for a bit now. Any one take a shot with one of these?
Yes, same panel as the BenQ BL3201PH. It has some slight artifacting issues that are very random, and very quick - not a real issue but something to be aware of.

If I weren't used to gaming on a large OLED TV for the past few months, it would've been my dream monitor (for today's tech). I sent it back though even after I removed the anti-glare filter, because it just was nowhere near as immersive or touched the image quality of an OLED.

what do you mean by artifacting

When I had it, there were a few instances of 2-3 pixel thick lines of purple that would appear then immediately disappear in random spots on the screen. Happened maybe two or three times over a few days. Then about a quarter of the screen would go black and resume function - again, happened instantly. It didn't make it unusable by ANY means, but it was something strange to be happening. Hopefully not indicative of a later hardware failure, but since many of these panels were doing it across several brands, I assume it's not really a sign of a problem.

yea thats defective. I have never seen that before....or heard of that. Weird.
It is the same issue that the BenQ BL3201PH suffers from, which makes sense since as Nitemare said they use the same panel. If you read about the BenQ, this particular issue will certainly be mentioned.

I received my Acer last week and it will be a keeper for me until OLED gets established. The LG OLED tvs are not available in my current location, or I would probably run one of those. But this monitor is much better than the Samsung JS9000 I was using.

The colors this panel produces are great. The IPS glow is minimal compared to other IPS monitors I have used. G-Sync does provide a noticeable difference at 4K for the one game I play. At 20" away the monitor does not need to be scaled for my eyes. The screen flicker happens very seldom and is not that distracting to me, and much less pronounced than the BenQ BL3201PH I used to use.

When weighing the pros and cons list of what is currently available, and having gone through a lot of different panels in the last 24 months, this monitor checks enough of the right boxes for my situation.

Paying $1300 for a monitor that will randomly flicker is so laughably shitty I don't even know how to process it.

It's really incredible how badly most LCD monitors blow.

It is the same issue that the BenQ BL3201PH suffers from, which makes sense since as Nitemare said they use the same panel. If you read about the BenQ, this particular issue will certainly be mentioned.

I received my Acer last week and it will be a keeper for me until OLED gets established. The LG OLED tvs are not available in my current location, or I would probably run one of those. But this monitor is much better than the Samsung JS9000 I was using.

The colors this panel produces are great. The IPS glow is minimal compared to other IPS monitors I have used. G-Sync does provide a noticeable difference at 4K for the one game I play. At 20" away the monitor does not need to be scaled for my eyes. The screen flicker happens very seldom and is not that distracting to me, and much less pronounced than the BenQ BL3201PH I used to use.

When weighing the pros and cons list of what is currently available, and having gone through a lot of different panels in the last 24 months, this monitor checks enough of the right boxes for my situation.

All 4K displays have occasional weird display glitches. I've owned the Dell 3214Q, Acer B326HK, LG 31MU97, Samsung U32D97Q, Samsung U32850R, Crossfire 44K, and they all have these random visual glitches, with both AMD (Fury) and Nvidia (980Ti) cards. I believe it's a Windows issue with 4K resolution, as most of the default resolutions in the registry are either 720P or 1080P when there's a graphics driver issue. If you set the displays resolution to 1080P I guarantee you these artifacts will never occur.

All 4K displays have occasional weird display glitches. I've owned the Dell 3214Q, Acer B326HK, LG 31MU97, Samsung U32D97Q, Samsung U32850R, Crossfire 44K, and they all have these random visual glitches, with both AMD (Fury) and Nvidia (980Ti) cards. I believe it's a Windows issue with 4K resolution, as most of the default resolutions in the registry are either 720P or 1080P when there's a graphics driver issue. If you set the displays resolution to 1080P I guarantee you these artifacts will never occur.

Disagree. I never had an artifact appear with the Acer 4K TN G-sync 28", 32" Acer IPS 4K, 32" BenQ IPS 4K, and several 4K TV's.

Back