Acer Predator XB271HU losing connection off and on

Spyhawk

Limp Gawd
Yeah my monitor started losing connection recently. I uninstalled drivers, tried it on another PC with a gtx970 and still the problem persisted. I tried a monitor reset. Still nothing. Now Ive lowered the refreshrate from 165 to 60hz and seems stable. Has not disconnected yet. Gonna wait some more and try upping the refresh rate bit by bit.

Looks like Im gonna have to RMA this thing. Damn it its only 7 months old!!

Update: So after some time of stable running at 60hz, I decided to try and bump up the refresh rate a bit but as soon as I enabled OC to 144hz in the monitor settings, monitor started to lose connection again.

Also tried another Dp cable without change. Monitor works using HDMI but now stuck as 60Htz. I think the gsync module is the problem. Guess I will spending some time on the phone with Acer tomorrow.

Ive rmaed once in 25 years and didnt appreciate the experience and time to recover.

Today I redid a monitor reset. That disables the refresh rate OC so now it's at 144hz default. Played a few games for over 2 hours and didn't lose signal. Now I enabled OC and added 10hz to 155.

Update: 2 hours later still working fine. Gonna up it to 165 and see. Maybe it was just a fluke yesterday...dunno...its kinda weird that yesterday I would lose signal non stop. /baffled

Last edited:
So the monitor is back at 165 hz and is stable. No loss of signal at all. Its like nothing ever happened. Completely baffled at this point but happy. I was very close to sending this monitor back to Acer at one point 2 days ago.

Back