Acer Predator XB1 27 Inch IPS 165hz @costco 599 GSYNC

Not quite sure there is a site out there that has the absolute definitive configuration that you mention. Most sites are folks trying out each of the settings and picking what they feel works best for them. As for Gsync + Fastsync being the best combo for the least input lag, that is completely opposite of what they seem to imply here:
http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3303

Essentially gsync off and vsync off provide the least input lag. Lot of pro gamers using the zowie 24.5" 240hz monitor now as well which doesn't even have gsync. It's also a TN panel which a lot of folks would avoid like the plague.

So not sure how you can call my opinion on settings I've tried as false information and then end your statement with the best thing about the monitor is the plethora of options given your preferences... amazing.

I'll admit I flew off the handle there and I'm sorry about that. It's just there were a lot of generalized statements in that post that were not accurate.

I still say gsync + fast sync is the best compromise setting for most people who want very low input lag. It lets you tailor your in-game settings to having the benefits of fixed refresh + fastsync and if you want to turn the settings up gsync kicks in when fps drops below your monitor's refresh rate. I doubt 99% of people cares what pro gamers are doing because if you have a 1080 chances are high you aren't running overwatch at low settings so you can get 500 fps.

Is anyone else having issues of no signal? It happend to me twice already. Once I put the pc the sleep and the next morning went to go wake it up and the monitor kept saying no signal....another time I was rebooting and it did the same thing. The only way to get a signal back was to use the hdmi input then revert back to dp...

Ok now it's happening all the time. Pc in sleep today when I went to wake it up no signal with dp. Now when in hdmi mode it works but when switching to dp it won't work...Wth I'm sure someone else has to have this problem. Please post if there is some sort of fix....appreciate it.

I picked one of these up at Fry's last year, and I had trouble with the signal dropping out during use, and I wound up having to get a different DP cable for it. Haven't had a problem since.

Thanks for the reply. When u go back to the stock dp cable that came with the monitor you still have the issue? What dp cable did you end up getting? I read people who changed the dp cord and it didn't help. Is there maybe a driver update or something else that can Def fix it via acer? I thought it was an issue with having deep sleep on the monitor enabled but that didn't fix it bc it kept doing it after. Now I'm afraid to put monitor and pc in sleep mode at all or even restart/shut down...

Last edited:
I got a new, longer DP cable and now the screen turns black for <1 second once or twice a day. It was a highly rated cable so that's disappointing. I never experienced this with the original cable

Exactly 4545..sum people said another dp cable did nothing...today the no signal was much worse and like I said before using the hdmI cable then reverting back to dp did not work like it did before. Also turning off and unplugging the monitor also did not work....honestly not sure what to do bc I like this monitor and I want to figure out if there is a permanent fix. Is there another way to get the pc in power save without sleep?

Last edited:
Exactly 4545..sum people said another dp cable did nothing...today the no signal was much worse and like I said before using the hdmI cable then reverting back to dp did not work like it did before. Also turning off and unplugging the monitor also did not work....honestly not sure what to do bc I like this monitor and I want to figure out if there is a permanent fix. Is there another way to get the pc in power save without sleep?

I got this once with the DP cable it comes with in BF4. Found it that it was not entirely secure in the GPU, so I pushed it in fully. Otherwise it typically occurs when I turn the monitor on/off. Typically I turn the monitor on, screen shows up, blinks to black for a second and then back. Does not always happen. Considering the on time is around 3 seconds I don't mind it. Some of the other new monitors like ASUS take 8-9 seconds to turn on. I will note that sometimes it takes a second or so longer than usual for the blue light to turn on. Overall, still faster than most monitors.

If I see a flicker / loss of input not immediately after turning it on I will post about it again.

Nice, I forgot about this thread and missed out. If they still have one let me know. I forward you the paypal.

Hey man, there's one in box and one floor model there as of today. Did you want to try to drive out here? I don't mind getting it for you and shipping it, but truth be told I don't want to be a middle man. Does the receipt transfer over? Or is it a pay in cash thing and send it your way in the box thing and you can bring it back to your costco if you have issues?

It sounds silly also but I visit my sister in Villa Rica Ga all the time, we could meet at the state line and you can get it from me if you want.

Hey man, there's one in box and one floor model there as of today. Did you want to try to drive out here? I don't mind getting it for you and shipping it, but truth be told I don't want to be a middle man. Does the receipt transfer over? Or is it a pay in cash thing and send it your way in the box thing and you can bring it back to your costco if you have issues?

It sounds silly also but I visit my sister in Villa Rica Ga all the time, we could meet at the state line and you can get it from me if you want.

Messaging you on FB

Yeah, the Accell are well-known for being friendly to high refresh rates, but always buy DP cables in pairs. The reason? If/when your cable goes bad, if you don't have a spare handy you might - in a panic - begin the RMA process for your monitor simply because DP cables are such a specialty item in most computer stores that you'll probably be paying $30+ for a 10 foot cable that probably won't do 100Hz+. Buy a spare.

I tried using a diff dp cable and it still said no signal... after several reboots and pulling the dp cable in and out it all the sudden came back on. It normally happens when I set the monitor and pc in sleep mode but sometimes also when booting up from a shut down. It's very random and at times does not do it at all but when it does its annoying to get a signal again. Wish there was a permanent fix for it dunno what to do

Had mine for a few months (the OP here :) ) - never had a black out issue on DP - have swithced between 1080 and rx480...ryzen and intel boxes never had a screen issue

Ok I got a new dp cable but it did not help. The only thing that helps is using hdmi cable then when it says g sync monitor connected I restart the pc and pull the hdmi cable out and quickly insert the dp cable and choose dp on monitor and it goes back to having a signal. It's extremely annoying bc it's very random and only happens when pc goes in sleep mode, restarting, or booting up. I dunno what to do bc costco had no more and I really don't want to rma and have to wait up top 10 days...if anyone can help please reply

The problem with my monitors and cables were that DisplayPort cables can't reliably carry a strong signal to the monitor on a cable longer than 6". So if you got a 8 or 10" cable, it's not working. Right when I switched to a QUALITY 6" displayport cable, it worked perfectly fine.

Thanks for the heads up smiley can you link me to the exact one you have? What sort of issues were you getting? As I said my issues only happen when the monitor goes into sleep, reboot, or shut down and restart. Other wise I don't get a no signal issue.
Is there some other way to reduce energy use with my pc besides sleep or hibernate in the meantime? I only shut down my pc at night before bed so sleep was very useful in saving energy

You know if you RMA'd it the day you had the issues, you could've gotten a new monitor by now. Did you try a different video card?

You know if you RMA'd it the day you had the issues, you could've gotten a new monitor by now. Did you try a different video card?
They don't even cross ship or pay for the box, so maybe if you're uninformed you shouldn't comment. Troubleshoot first, RMA second.

Always keep the box for LCDs.

Some places such as Fedex will refuse to ship monitors/TVs unless it is in a box. Even if you bought a monitor online and it was shipped only in the product box, Fedex may refuse to ship it and will make you purchase a box.

Yeah, I've also seen manufacturers stating that the retail box is not suitable for shipping, which makes some sense if you understand how monitors arrive at retail locations, usually in further packing materials. And if you know how stuff is handled by shippers... you wouldn't ship a monitor in retail packaging, ever.

They don't even cross ship or pay for the box, so maybe if you're uninformed you shouldn't comment. Troubleshoot first, RMA second.

Lets see, he posted the issue around the April 16th, today is May 11th. About a month to troubleshoot?

Well I'm trying to trouble shoot but the no signal issue is so random. One thing I did figure out is when I do get a no signal and hook up my hdmi cord and keep the dp cord plugged I notice it says g sync monitor hooked up and the pc notices both the hdmi and dp inputs but the monitor still says no signal when I switch over to dp?
Just called costco and they said they don't carry the monitor anymore nor will they restock them!

Last edited:
Anyone hooked up an Xbox one to one of these? I'm thinking of getting one for Injustice 2 but this is the only display I have. Should work right?

Well, I got a PS4 and it works great. I didn't even realize this thing had speakers. Awesome monitor for multipurpose use like PC/console

So noone is having any no signal issues at all? Its driving me nuts bc its so random and I dunno what to do bc otherwise the monitor is working great...I was thinking of getting another at costco but I dont believe they carry them anymore

So noone is having any no signal issues at all? Its driving me nuts bc its so random and I dunno what to do bc otherwise the monitor is working great...I was thinking of getting another at costco but I dont believe they carry them anymore

I had a signal issue when I moved my pc from one room to another. Hdmi would work but display port would blue screen my pc. Weird. I ended up reformatting. No issues now. Double check your connections are completely in. My display port cable sometimes "catches" on my case and doesn't make a solid connection into the video card.

Never had any issues with mine. Moved from a GTX 780 to GTX 1080 Ti. Went from 1 DVI + 1 HDMI + 2 DisplayPort on the 780 to 3 Displayport + 1 HDMI on the 1080 Ti.

I would never get a blue screen. I would just get a no signal. My hdmi works flawlessly so it has to be something with the dp...I tried a diff cords but it still does it randomly. I know it's nothing to do with being snug in the connection port bc it's very random...it'll work fine for a month then all the sudden no signal...only way to get it to work again is by going hdmi then when the pc says g sync monitor connected flip it back to dp on the monitor or restarting...it's really annoying but i don't want to send it to acer bc I have no spare monitor. I wish I could pin point what's causing it but it's so random

It's your DP cable. Had the same issue on a different monitor. Many manufactures claim they are spec but many fall short including most of the thrown in cables in the monitors I bought. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0098HW0EA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_afawzbMVDBVTP

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Skizz so you were randomly getting no signal issues with the cable that came with your monitor? Does the length of the dp cable matter? I was told it was the dp cable as well but I bought one from amazon and it didn't help.... at this point I will try anything though so I'll try that dp cable if it doesn't work I can send it back.

Back