Acer Predator XB1 27 Inch IPS 165hz @costco 599 GSYNC

groebuck

2[H]4U
YMMV - brick and mortar (could not find it online) but my local Costco has the 27 inch IPS 2560x1440 165Hz (144 overclockable). this is the gsync model - I checked on line and it is going for 749-799 and costco has a 90 day return policy (incase of dead pixels).

display models are only $499 (still has 3+1 extra year warranty)

I bought 3 new ones; all had issues. Got the display, very happy. Only issue is a spec of dust near the center

Things to watch for:
Internal dust
Internal smudges (looks like a wide crack)
Uniformity (color, color temp, and brightness)
Yellow tinting

Blb was about the same on all 4. Colors vary massively.

hmm so far no issues with mine other than trying to figure out gsync and overclocking t0 165. My other display is a 4k which does 60 hz (asus pb287q) so I might be taking it back and just get a cheaper dell 144hz tn panel for 450 at best buy. It is really nice but I am not sure it is 150 dollars more nice than the dell

hmm so far no issues with mine other than trying to figure out gsync and overclocking t0 165. My other display is a 4k which does 60 hz (asus pb287q) so I might be taking it back and just get a cheaper dell 144hz tn panel for 450 at best buy. It is really nice but I am not sure it is 150 dollars more nice than the dell

Gysnc, IPS and 1440p make it worth the difference

The dell has gsync, 1440p just tn so a faster panel - still debating though

Was just there yesterday - they dropped the price to 499.00 - price matched me so I got 106.97 back woot! this montior at 499 is a steal.

display models are only $499 (still has 3+1 extra year warranty)

I bought 3 new ones; all had issues. Got the display, very happy. Only issue is a spec of dust near the center

Things to watch for:
Internal dust
Internal smudges (looks like a wide crack)
Uniformity (color, color temp, and brightness)
Yellow tinting

Blb was about the same on all 4. Colors vary massively.

This is a scary amount of questionable QC

Was just there yesterday - they dropped the price to 499.00 - price matched me so I got 106.97 back woot! this montior at 499 is a steal.
Do you know if they will do this for display models? I paid $500 (600-100).. Think I could get $100 back?
This is a scary amount of questionable QC
Yes it is! But it's worth giving it a shot. 165hz looks so nice

Checked my local Costco stores, couldn't get cash back, but I don't mind. The one I bought at 599 seems to have won the panel lottery so I am happy.

Checked my local Costco stores, couldn't get cash back, but I don't mind. The one I bought at 599 seems to have won the panel lottery so I am happy.
you can return it and rebuy it...their return policy is 90 days I think.

Not seeing them on Costco.com. My store had a model on display a few months back but I don't recall it being there last time I checked...

$499 for a display model would have tempted me, if the return policy was the same. Costco has (or had) an excellent monitor return policy.

Can confirm, $499 brand new XB271HU. I picked one up and they had 2 left at the time. Might go back and see if they have more.

I checked for these last time and none in sight sadly. I am more interested in the Samsung 40" 4K at this point though.

Tried calling stores here to see if they had any in stock, and most don't. The others I could not get a real person to answer. I suppose they're clearing out remaining inventory.

Sold out at my Costco at $499. Wish I would've seen this before late last night. Was there at the open today and only the display was left and I'm not getting that.

Sold out at my Costco at $499. Wish I would've seen this before late last night. Was there at the open today and only the display was left and I'm not getting that.
I wouldn't worry about the display model. The one at my Costco was never turned on and they have the box with all the accessories. Plus it has the same warranty.

My local Costco still had 3 this morning. The one I got is new, no dead pixels, and very minimal backlight bleed from what I can see. Very happy for this price.

Only 1 at my local Costcos. Bought the last one. Will see how it is later today.

Not I, I already have a pretty good 1080p monitor but my 1440p is fairly cheap.

1440p is to demanding in new games ( 120fps+ ).. Even for top end cards. 1080p is nice spot for this monitor.

1440p is to demanding in new games ( 120fps+ ).. Even for top end cards. 1080p is nice spot for this monitor.

I don't disagree but I'd like a nicer 1440p monitor even if I'm not shooting for 120+ fps.

$499 at my local Costco. They had a ton of them.

No dead pixels. The lower left-hand side looks a bit hot in terms of light bleed, but can't do a real check until sundown. It certainly doesn't look bad.

And listed my PG278q for sale for roughly the same amount. I'm pretty much just out tax + ebay fees for the TN -> IPS upgrade.

$499 at my local Costco. They had a ton of them.

No dead pixels. The lower left-hand side looks a bit hot in terms of light bleed, but can't do a real check until sundown. It certainly doesn't look bad.

And listed my PG278q for sale for roughly the same amount. I'm pretty much just out tax + ebay fees for the TN -> IPS upgrade.

Lower right for me. Side by side with an ASUS MX27AQ, I just can't seem to get the whites to look as good as the ASUS. Much brighter and I can tell different shades of white/gray apart much more easily. Blacks look similar. ASUS has worse bleed from the lower left, which I find more annoying for myself. Worse bleed overall.

The Acer's only downside is the whites, but I will have to see what settings are ideal. I am just going off of blind looks which is not accurate. No dead pixels that I can see either. Will need to test more tomorrow but it seems like this Acer is a decent buy at the price.

Back