Acer Predator X35 Gaming Monitor Review: The Best of the Best

erek

[H]F Junkie
VA panel? Not 280 Hz? Some weirdo resolution @ 3440x1440? Curved? This is chuck full of comprimises and far from "Best of the Best" imho.

"The Acer Predator X35 is a price-no-object flagship product that delivers every bit of the performance and quality expected at this cost. It offers picture quality that's second to none with gaming performance to match."

ZGc58Ct8ei69yswELEd27K-970-80.jpg

https://www.tomshardware.com/review...witter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dlvr.it

Tom's Marketing aka Future will say anything is the best if you pay them enough. This is why modern internet website journalism is trash, it's under the umbrella of big companies looking to maximize ad dollars and sponsorships: https://www.futureplc.com/brands/

With regards to that Predator, it's nice if you're a casual gamer but that's it.

Last edited:
VA panel? Not 280 Hz? Some weirdo resolution @ 3440x1440? Curved? This is chuck full of comprimises and far from "Best of the Best" imho.

"The Acer Predator X35 is a price-no-object flagship product that delivers every bit of the performance and quality expected at this cost. It offers picture quality that's second to none with gaming performance to match."

View attachment 211850

https://www.tomshardware.com/review...witter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=dlvr.it

3440x1440 is def not weirdo resolution. 21:9 is the shit.

That looks like an amazing monitor. I'd love to see reviews where its tested like on LTT or something.

*edit* So it is a VA panel, which is not the best tier.. but the good looking IPS are slower refresh rates... so a tradeoff that hasn't been overcome yet in display tech.
512 zones for the backlight, pretty damn nice.
3440x1440 is a good resolution for high fps, higher res the video card might struggle.
G-sync ultimate, 24 to 200Hz. Means it had to pass some stricter display quality requirements. Only other monitor I looked it like this was >$1200.

The price is a but nuts. Maybe wait for an amazon returned one from Amazon warehouse. Can find good deals there, full warranty, and Amazon's return policy.

Last edited:
200hz is no slouch.

3440x1440 isn’t a weirdo resolution. Curved I’ve actually grown to like but I have other monitors to write memos and long winded documents on.

VA or IPS as long as it’s not that twisted nonsense TN I’m happy.

This monitor sells for over $2000. The mono price one I’m using was like $350 and the only feature this seems to have on it is a significantly higher refresh rate.

That 200hz screen on this monitor is definitely why this is so pricey.

That looks like an amazing monitor. I'd love to see reviews where its tested like on LTT or something.

Someone will have to remind me is VA panel is typically the top tier in display quality, I think it is tho, and the IPS are lower tier.
512 zones for the backlight, pretty damn nice.
3440x1440 is a good resolution for high fps, higher res the video card might struggle.
G-sync ultimate, 24 to 200Hz. Means it had to pass some stricter display quality requirements. Only other monitor I looked it like this was >$1200.

The price is a but nuts. Maybe wait for an amazon returned one from Amazon warehouse. Can find good deals there, full warranty, and Amazon's return policy.
Saw a refurb for $1999 just now on a search. Yowza!

tested like on LTT

LOL tested on LTT. No wonder I got kids on Twitch telling me they think BenQ monitors are still the best. They use places like LTT to tell them what's good or not.

200hz is no slouch.

3440x1440 isn’t a weirdo resolution. Curved I’ve actually grown to like but I have other monitors to write memos and long winded documents on.

VA or IPS as long as it’s not that twisted nonsense TN I’m happy.

This monitor sells for over $2000. The mono price one I’m using was like $350 and the only feature this seems to have on it is a significantly higher refresh rate.

That 200hz screen on this monitor is definitely why this is so pricey.

VA = smearfest. Doesn't matter what refresh time they quote. If you're serious about FPS gaming, TN is the best way until OLED catches on. For reference I have a 34" VA with 4ms gtg and it's only good for casual gaming and desktop productivity.

LOL tested on LTT. No wonder I got kids on Twitch telling me they think BenQ monitors are still the best. They use places like LTT to tell them what's good or not.

I think LTT is pretty decent. Never seen them praise crappy monitors, and they way they talk about gaming monitors tells me our interests are well aligned.

VA = smearfest. Doesn't matter what refresh time they quote. If you're serious about FPS gaming, TN is the best way until OLED catches on. For reference I have a 34" VA with 4ms gtg and it's only good for casual gaming and desktop productivity.

Yep. My current 144Hz VA panel a downgrade compared to my old Benq 120. VA is shit, IPS is shit, TN is shit. It's 2019 and no one is even selling the perfect monitor. Maybe 2021...

Samsung VA is good these 27 inch plus monitors are just too big to be in front of for long gaming sessions. Ninja uses a 25 inch Dell Alienware. Dr Disrespect uses a 24 inch and a 27 monitors alot can be said for smaller monitors. The eyes is unnaturally splayed with prolonged use of overly bright lcds.

I think LTT is pretty decent. Never seen them praise crappy monitors, and they way they talk about gaming monitors tells me our interests are well aligned.

Yep. My current 144Hz VA panel a downgrade compared to my old Benq 120. VA is shit, IPS is shit, TN is shit. It's 2019 and no one is even selling the perfect monitor. Maybe 2021...

LTT is okay for some entertaining videos (like the 240 hz one they made w/shroud) but not for serious technical insight, especially monitors. There are much better places for that sorta thing like RT, Prad, TFTCentral etc. But yeah, IPS/VA/TN are all shit but for FPS gaming, TN is still king while IPS/VA are smearfests. OLED will be the next big thing I think because microled is a long long ways off.

LOL tested on LTT. No wonder I got kids on Twitch telling me they think BenQ monitors are still the best. They use places like LTT to tell them what's good or not...

Yes? I want someone to play with it in-person and give an opinion.

I also read all of the reviews on Amazon. Mixed, but one reviewer said it took a few weeks to figure it out but he was happy with it. Figured out the settings to get display looking good, and he had it all spelled out. He mentioned 144Hz to get 10bit color, so now i'm looking around at 144Hz panels with HDR1000. Him or another mentioned that HDR1000 was far superior to HDR400. It's displayport 1.4, and you need 2.0 to have enough bandwidth to get HDR at >144Hz refresh... so my conclusion is to not spend a big wad just yet until the display supports displayport 2.0 +HDR1000 +high refresh, and there are video cards that can also support that also (think the 2080Ti is also only dp 1.4).

Yes? I want someone to play with it in-person and give an opinion.

I also read all of the reviews on Amazon. Mixed, but one reviewer said it took a few weeks to figure it out but he was happy with it. Figured out the settings to get display looking good, and he had it all spelled out. He mentioned 144Hz to get 10bit color, so now i'm looking around at 144Hz panels with HDR1000. Him or another mentioned that HDR1000 was far superior to HDR400. It's displayport 1.4, and you need 2.0 to have enough bandwidth to get HDR at >144Hz refresh... so my conclusion is to not spend a big wad just yet until the display supports displayport 2.0 +HDR1000 +high refresh, and there are video cards that can also support that also (think the 2080Ti is also only dp 1.4).

That's fair enough for ancillary information but I wouldn't rely on Amazon feedback or LTT for the technical write ups.

Back