Acer LCD Monitor

JCNiest5

2[H]4U
Okay, for those that don't care much about brand, I was at two Target stores and they have the Acer 21.5" H213H LCD Monitor for clearance @ $111.98 (YMMV), which is down from $159.99. I bought two because I couldn't pass up that saving.

No site to link, you just have to visit a Target store and see if they have it in their electronics dept. I bought one from each store (two) so I think all Targets are having this clearance price. The two stores I visited are located in the Twin Cities area, MN.

Good luck!

I picked one up on Tuesday at that price at my local Target also. My mom wanted/needed one, so I snagged it.

nice, these are full 1920x1080 panels!? I'll take a trip downtown today, and will drop by the local Target to see about the prices :)

Don't believe the big price tag (in my case anyway), look on the monitor box, there should be a small red tag with Clearance on it and the price of $111.98. Some people might not realize it and might miss the clearance sale/saving.

I've had one of these monitors for about 2 years now. Only issue I've ever had with mine is the right arrow for the touch buttons for settings you have to press really super hard to get it to work. you can get through the menu's without it though...

Other then that I've never had an issue playing any games with it...
Wish I could go snag 2 more.

Darn I wish I had the money for this; I could use another display for my apartment.

I would've sworn I posted in this thread earlier. I was at Target yesterday and forgot to check the electronics. Went back out today and one store was completely sold out. Went to the other store and all they had was the display, which they sold me for 100 bucks. Perfect timing, since my wife's Samsung died after three and a half years. Got it running now, it's nicer than I expected.

I went to three stores and they were completely sold out or at least none of them has it. I want one more, but couldn't find one.

Snagged two for $111.98 + tax - small discount for using my redcard and I was slightly less than $230 out the door in Richmond, VA.

Got the last two I think

Sold out in westbury long island and close by stores according to the guy I talked to.

My wife has been using this monitor for a year. Makes my AL2416W acer look like crap in comparison.

Sold out at 72nd and Sorensen in Omaha and at 180th and Center; the pain-in-the-ass sales rep wouldn't sell me the display model. :(

Got one here in Milwaukee. I couldn't help it, but I don't really need it. Anybody wants it, let me know. Damn impulse buying!

i just picked this up at my target in san jose. thanks OP. they had no more and i got the display model for 30% off 111. its sweet! though, its the non-hdmi version. and when you look up the model number, it says hdmi. but for the price, i cant complain.

edit:
theres apparently one left in dublin (via sidweyz) but just check the site for stock near you. if all zero, call your local store and ask about the display model.

details from http://www.target.com/Acer-21-5-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor/dp/B0037E0AME/ref=sc_pd_gwvub_1_title

# Monitor Features: Sensor Touch Technology, Adjustable Tilt
# Electronic Display Features: TFT Active Matrix, Flat Panel
# Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080
# Contrast Ratio: 20000:1
# Aspect Ratio: 16:9
# Dot Pitch: 0.25 mm.
# Brightness(cd/m2): 300
# Viewing Angles: 170 Degrees
# Response Time: 5ms Response Time
# Audio Features: Built-In Speakers
# Input Type: DVI, VGA
# DVI-D Ports: 0
# DVI-D with HDCP Ports: 1
# IEEE 1394 (Firewire) Ports: 0
# VGA Ports: 1
# Power Source: Electric
# Dimensions: Length: 198.0 mm.; Width: 520.0 mm.; Depth: 391.0 mm.
# Product Weight: 10.0 Lb.

Last edited:
Got the last one besides the display at my target. Rang up same price and I had a $20 gift card so it was $99 after tax for me.

i just picked this up at my target in san jose. thanks OP. they had no more and i got the display model for 30% off 111. its sweet! though, its the non-hdmi version. and when you look up the model number, it says hdmi. but for the price, i cant complain.

edit:
theres apparently one left in dublin (via sidweyz) but just check the site for stock near you. if all zero, call your local store and ask about the display model.

details from http://www.target.com/Acer-21-5-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor/dp/B0037E0AME/ref=sc_pd_gwvub_1_title

# Monitor Features: Sensor Touch Technology, Adjustable Tilt
# Electronic Display Features: TFT Active Matrix, Flat Panel
# Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080
# Contrast Ratio: 20000:1
# Aspect Ratio: 16:9
# Dot Pitch: 0.25 mm.
# Brightness(cd/m2): 300
# Viewing Angles: 170 Degrees
# Response Time: 5ms Response Time
# Audio Features: Built-In Speakers
# Input Type: DVI, VGA
# DVI-D Ports: 0
# DVI-D with HDCP Ports: 1
# IEEE 1394 (Firewire) Ports: 0
# VGA Ports: 1
# Power Source: Electric
# Dimensions: Length: 198.0 mm.; Width: 520.0 mm.; Depth: 391.0 mm.
# Product Weight: 10.0 Lb.
Which Target was this? I live in San Jose too, so if you would be so kind as to let me know which store this was, I can save myself the trouble of going in to check if they have any left :p

Yeah I just noticed mine doesn't have hdmi when I took it out of the box so I guess it's not the same as the one that was on newegg even though it is the same model number. I might take it back now because I was planing on using as a second monitor for my pc and for my xbox through hdmi.

No dead pixels though.

Oh and I have it sideways next to my 3008wfp, it's a little taller but better than the 17" I was using but the colors blow so hard compared to my dell and I can't figure out how to adjust them. I hit the e button and it says hit auto to adjust the colors but it just exits.

Last edited:
What's even funnier is that I have two of these prior to buying these last two off clearance and I didn't even realize that they have built-in speakers!

I have other displays that can take HDMI so I really don't mind they not having it.

I forgot, they do come with DVI cable or just VGA? For some reason I completely forgot.

Last edited:
Which Target was this? I live in San Jose too, so if you would be so kind as to let me know which store this was, I can save myself the trouble of going in to check if they have any left :p

sorry for the late response..but i went to the one on morrill and landess. no more there.

these displays come with VGA cables only. although, the boxed version might come with a vga to dvi. my display model only came with power and vga.

Mine had both cables in the box when I bought it. It even noted that it had both VGA and DVI on the box itself (something I looked for before walking out with it).

Picked one up today after looking at a couple target stores, looks so much better then my Acer x223w... gonna have to look for another one of these!

Back