Acer Laptop will not turn on.

rudy

[H]F Junkie
I have this acer aspire 5670 and I am guessing it went into hibernate and now the thing wont turn on. When I press the power button nothing happens except the batter light blinks orange about 6 times. Anyone know what this means? Also its odd this happened as it was just sitting on a desk working fine, was not even moved.

Questions:

Is the Latptop old?

Was it plugged in?

Have you read your maual or online similar documentation that will let you know what the light on the battery flashing 6 times means.

Do you or can you get your hands on a battery for your lappy?

Did you do anything in particular before leaving the computer, dealing with settings, example BIOS?

This can give you and I a start at where to find the problem. Let me know.

Catsonar

The laptop is about 1 year old
Yes it was plugged in but no other computers saw a problem or power surge.
I keep trying to find that an an unable too.
I only have the 1 battery that came with it.
I did not touch anything in fact I was sitting next to it on my main PC. It just went off probably into hibernate and never returned.

Do you have any kind of onsite warrenty or anything?

So the laptop is dead as like, no power? Doesn't have any other lights come on or anything?

He said the battery light flashed, OP try removing your battery and then powering on.

try doing ring of steel said. If that doesn't work, try taking the battery but leave the plug in and power up that way. if that doesn't work than maybe something went bad with the power circuitry. If you have a warranty then i would go ahead and use it. lets us know.

try doing a static discharge.
Unplug the machine, take out the battery, hold down the power button for 30-40 seconds then try powering up again as usual.

try doing a static discharge.
Unplug the machine, take out the battery, hold down the power button for 30-40 seconds then try powering up again as usual.

Worked Thanks. I was trying to figure out how to do that on a laptop lol. Its my first laptop and it was a free hand me down for helping the person pick out a better one. The only thing is I did change outlets too and I wonder if the CFL light in that outlet caused any problems.

Np i work in supporting laptops..
Till i started there i'd never heard of this myself.
From what i understand a static charge builds up over time in some laptops and this sees to clear it up :)
have fun with the laptop

Well I have an update. This stupid laptop suddenly went into hibernation while I was physically working on it. And then I had the same symptoms above. I had to take out the battery and unplug it then hold the power button for a minute. After that I was able to turn it on. Then I powered it down and went out and returned to find the same problem with the battery blinking orange. Each time I must go through these steps to get it running. What do you think is causing this?

its unusual to say the least, were you a customer calling in about this i'd say we'd pick it up for repair..
Other then that try using it on battery only, and on AC only with the battery out and see if the symptoms continue...
if it doesnt happen on AC it might be the battery is bad or vise versa...

I seem to have less or no problems when I run solely on the AC adapter when I plug the batter in I have problems. I am however not sure I want to purchase a new battery if the problem could be somewhere else. Can there be something wrong with the mother board or some other circuit that is ruining batteries? Or is it most likely if I replace the battery my problems will go away?

Back