Acer Iconia A500 refurb for $250

does this tablet come with with true Android 3.o or is it 2.3 reskinned to look like honeycomb ?

the 16:9 aspect ratio (as opposed to 4:3) on a 10 inch screen might bother some who are primarily watching videos, a9 / tegra2 is decent for $250.

The 16:9 aspect ratio (as opposed to 4:3) on a 10 inch screen might bother some who are primarily watching videos, a9 / tegra2 is decent for $250.

I think you got this backwards...
Wouldn't it be better to have 16:9 over 4:3 for watching video (HD especially...but youtube and vimeo have already adopted the 16:9 aspect ratio)?

I've been passing on 4:3 screens for this exact reason. I've got loads of 720p rips of my blurays that I would MUCH prefer to watch at their actual resolution and aspect ratio (16:9).

I've been passing on 4:3 screens for this exact reason. I've got loads of 720p rips of my blurays that I would MUCH prefer to watch at their actual resolution and aspect ratio (16:9).

I was specifically referring to non HD content.

If I am going to watch a 720p or 1080 file, I would rather output to a large screen.

does this tablet come with with true Android 3.o or is it 2.3 reskinned to look like honeycomb ?

the 16:9 aspect ratio (as opposed to 4:3) on a 10 inch screen might bother some who are primarily watching videos, a9 / tegra2 is decent for $250.

Mine has honeycomb 3.2 on it. Great little tablet and overclocks very nicely. But I'm done with mine, so hopefully I can trade it now. Thanks

I was specifically referring to non HD content.

If I am going to watch a 720p or 1080 file, I would rather output to a large screen.

Would be nice if they included the adapter/cable to do the mini-hdmi out on the tablet. As all you get is the usb cord for the pc and a charger in the box, with a screen cleaning cloth.

Last edited:
I picked up one of these for $300 when Staples had their $100 coupon deal. It's is a good solid tablet running 3.2. Came stock with 3.0, it updated to 3.1 when I first powered it up and Acer has issues their own 3.2.

Tark

Back