Acer B326HK - 4k 32" monitor sub 1k euro

Yeah Tiger I had to change the resolution of the monitor to see a difference. GPU/monitor "no scaling" had no effect. Even in 1080P window mode there was a performance hit vs a native 1080P screen.

How is everybody's Acer holding up? It's been about a week since I had mine. Still loving it for $675!!

Still waiting for replacement panels 5,6,7, and 8 coming next week hoping to finally find one without multiple dead pixels...I could probably deal with up to 2 in the corners though. :D

Still loving mine and getting used to the format and screen colors. Quite a bit different from the CCFL backlights that I've used forever. Haven't had a problem with the monitor but have been able to bring the 780 to its knees a couple of times by having too many windows running, too much 4K video. Mostly it has been up to the task. Still thinking of hooking up the U3011 to one side of it for extra real estate. As someone mentioned earlier, the 3840 x 2160 is similar to the 2560 x 1600. Just bigger and more of it. Love the color resolution of the monitor and the easy set-up. Really sturdy and runs cool. Haven't noticed a dead pixel but with 8 million + I'm not spending a lot of time hunting them. Excellent buy for $675 and would likely have been worth the regular asking price--paid much more for the U3011 when it was bought.

How is everybody's Acer holding up? It's been about a week since I had mine. Still loving it for $675!!

Love the monitor. No complain.

Only problem is I been so busy with work that I only got to game on it for a few hours.

I can not go back to a lower res monitor.

Last edited:
Im pretty happy with mine.
First one, keeper. Not like the 8 Dell U3014 replacements I had.
I paid 1100€ and I dont regret.
Requires SLI to play smooth, but meh, Im using SLI since 2008. Maybe in 2020 one card will be able to max all games at 4K lol.

A week later I'm still loving it. I think I've found the display that I'll be using for another 4+ years here, like my Dell 2005fpw and Dell 3007wfp-hc before it: this Acer b326hk!

I'm glad I got this monitor, as it's just beautiful; no dead pixels, nothing. I'd planned on going to a 27" 4K monitor, but this is a much better upgrade coming from a 24" 16:10.

I've only experienced a minor issue, which is that when I turn the monitor back on after it has been in power-save, sometimes the screen will randomly wink out for a moment. It's either a DP cable (I have the recommended one from Amazon) or video card issue (I suspect the latter), rather than the monitor. It doesn't always happen, and all I need to do is pop the plug out and back in to prevent it from occurring for now, until I upgrade.

I've only experienced a minor issue, which is that when I turn the monitor back on after it has been in power-save, sometimes the screen will randomly wink out for a moment. It's either a DP cable (I have the recommended one from Amazon) or video card issue (I suspect the latter), rather than the monitor. It doesn't always happen, and all I need to do is pop the plug out and back in to prevent it from occurring for now, until I upgrade.

Do you get an issue where sometimes you get "no signal" for a few seconds, then the monitor gets confused and cycles through all the connections? I noticed mine will do that sometimes, it will cycle through mini DP, HDMI, DVI, then back to DP. This particularly happens when you restart your computer, when the computer and monitor will temporary lose signal completely.

I only get it when I overstress the GPU and the whole system locks up and have to reboot. I read in the owner's manual to always turn on the monitor first, then the computer. In the past I always turned on the computer first, then the monitor. When doing it the suggested way it comes right up to the proper input and with proper settings. When just rebooting there isn't much way to get the monitor to come on first. Think there might be a way to set it to DP always but haven't found it yet. I could do that with both my previous monitors. Haven't spent much time in the OSD. If anyone finds a way to lock input to DP please let me know.

Anyone know if this monitor (or any monitor) needs a special driver? I downloaded a driver package from the Acer website but it looks like mostly a color profile which is now installed on the system--the other thing is setup information file. Notice the driver for this monitor in Device Manager is a generic MS driver from 2006. Does that make any difference at all? Monitor is only described as generic PNP monitor although Devices and Printers recognizes the monitor by name.

Last edited:
I love mine.

Only problem is getting the DPI working properly across screens. I have a 24" that runs at 1920x1080 and another 24" at 1920x1200. If I make the DPI too large, things look funny on the 24"s. If I make it too small, I'm squinting on my Acer.

If only Windows DPI settings were monitor specific. I think it's a conspiracy to make me get another 4k monitor.

M

Hmmm...all my replacements have dead pixels. 8 bad displays. Either I just got unlucky or the majority of these are being sold with multiple dead pixels. Bleh. Guess I'll just have to live with one.

Hmmm...all my replacements have dead pixels. 8 bad displays. Either I just got unlucky or the majority of these are being sold with multiple dead pixels. Bleh. Guess I'll just have to live with one.

LOL, all 8 acers have dead pixels? Thats kind of unusual. Care to take a picture for us?

BTW I don't actively look for pixels. I just use it daily, and if I see one, I will take note and try my best to fix it or live with it. I will also consider returning it depending on the severity. But I don't go actively looking, because I might end up playing musical chairs monitors for a long time.

Yeah I don't buy displays that often, maybe once every 5-6 years. Every time it's the same thing, I buy a bunch of displays and they all have dead pixels. I'm going to keep one with 2 dead pixels in the far right corner. They are basically covered by the top toolbar during web browsing so I can't see it. I noticed all 8 panels have dead pixels within 1 inch of the edges and none had any dead pixels further in than that, so it seems to me Acer decided these specs during during assembly--Acer only is allowing edge defects for panels going into finished monitors.

5 was the most dead pixels, although the majority of these have between 1-3. I just chose the one with dead pixels closest to the bezel. To be sure the dead pixels are VERY small at 4K. The only time you can see them if you are sitting more than 24 inches away is if its actually a cluster of multiple of dead pixels at a point. You basically have to be within 6 inches of the screen to see a dead pixel at 4K unless its headon with a white background.

So chances are most of the people here who say they don't have any dead pixels actually in fact do have them--luckily they aren't as OCD as me because if I had their displays I'd probably find them, and then they'd be pissed that they didn't have a pixel perfect display like they thought :D

Last edited:
Yeah I don't buy displays that often, maybe once every 5-6 years. Every time it's the same thing, I buy a bunch of displays and they all have dead pixels. I'm going to keep one with 2 dead pixels in the far right corner. They are basically covered by the top toolbar during web browsing so I can't see it. I noticed all 8 panels have dead pixels within 1 inch of the edges and none had any dead pixels further in than that, so it seems to me Acer decided these specs during during assembly--Acer only is allowing edge defects for panels going into finished monitors.

5 was the most dead pixels, although the majority of these have between 1-3. I just chose the one with dead pixels closest to the bezel. To be sure the dead pixels are VERY small at 4K. The only time you can see them if you are sitting more than 24 inches away is if its actually a cluster of multiple of dead pixels at a point. You basically have to be within 6 inches of the screen to see a dead pixel at 4K unless its headon with a white background.

So chances are most of the people here who say they don't have any dead pixels actually in fact do have them--luckily they aren't as OCD as me because if I had their displays I'd probably find them, and then they'd be pissed that they didn't have a pixel perfect display like they thought :D

How do you find dead pixels on a monitor with 8 million pixels (or 24 million subpixels)? Do you spend an hour in front of the monitor with a magnifying glass?

I spent a good 10 minutes or so looking for dead pixels on mine, but couldn't find any.

How did you manage to order 8 displays!? All from Newegg? Are 7 going back? Thats a lot of money in return shipping!

Why didn't this monitor have G-Sync? Would have been a lot better.

You're not kidding. I had to send mine back since my cards just couldn't handle it. Instead I switched to the 28" version with Gsync, the Acer XB280HK. Damn shame it's not available in a 32" version, as I feel 28" is a little on the small side for UHD.

Why didn't this monitor have G-Sync? Would have been a lot better.

The G-Sync-less 28" TN is like half the price of the G-Sync version. Licensing fees and extra hardware would probably increase the monitor to at least $1400 and that would reduce it's sales significantly.

FYI, there are finally some reviews of this monitor coming out, and most of the negatives are quibbles, imho. Apparently the speaker output is low (I've not hooked mine up for sound and likely never will) and the color accuracy drops off at full brightness (a level at which I am pretty sure I would go blind anyhow!)

http://www.digitaltrends.com/monitor-reviews/acer-b326hk-review/

I agree, quibbles. Meaningless at the price we black friday buyers got it for. :)

M

Nit-picking. Certainly something better will come along sooner or later but for right now and for the price, this thing was a steal--still wondering why the price dropped so low for literally a few hours. Liking the monitor better and better as I use it.

Nit-picking. Certainly something better will come along sooner or later but for right now and for the price, this thing was a steal--still wondering why the price dropped so low for literally a few hours. Liking the monitor better and better as I use it.

I bet the $699 pricing wasn't suppose to be the real pricing. Maybe $899, which is $100 off MSRP? I dunno, but IMHO, I doubt it was supposed to be $699, when the damn monitor literally came out a few days prior to the Newegg thanksgiving sale

And I agree, there will be better coming out soon. I'll be on the lookout for black friday 2015 to see what the next big thing is. I'm curious to see how deep 4k will go in 2015. Maybe Gsync/Freesync 32 inch class IPS? :D

How is the input lag on this monitor?

I posted about input lag a little in my review/impressions here, but it is very minor. It isn't absolutely bare minimum but it is very low, I'd estimate maybe 12ms (I am a high level competitive mmo gamer and while I don't play competitively in an organized fashion in other genres I game at a strong tier normally) by eye but I don't have equipment to measure it objectively.

Nice, I went into my newegg control panel to leave a review for the monitor, and noticed it had a "Get extended warranty" icon/blurb near my order there. For grins I clicked it and it turns out they were offering a 2-year extended warranty for $60 from ServiceNet. Googled into it and it's the same one amazon and a lot of other places use for the ones they offer, and only found a very low number of reasonable sounding complaints, so I bit. I thought it might have been a price error but after ordering it said it was a "2-year warranty for the price of one-year" on my order confirmation, and I realized it must have been basing the annual cost off of the discounted amount I paid for the monitor. It covers repair/replacement (including shipping both ways) immediately from when Acer's warranty expires and is even transferrable... given the cost of this panel ($1000-1100 street price) it seemed like an easy decision to me since I intend to hang onto this B326HK puppy for a long time to come.

I actually bought Dell's for my 3007wfp-hc and when it broke about 4 and a half years from purchase, they replaced it with a like-new refurbed U3011 (the warranty cost me around $60-70 originally for a 5-year total coverage including the stock 3-year). While it obviously makes little sense to pay for a warranty on a cheap item, when the cost is so low compared to the item's worth like this I always try to bite if I can on them. I wanted to drop a heads-up since the warranty is so inexpensive for those of us who caught it on the $675 deal :D so anyone interested knows to check their order status area and see if it's available for them too. Hopefully I won't ever have to use it, but it's good to have around in case ;).

@GoldenTiger:
Yeah, I got an e-mail from the EggXpert right after the monitor arrived offering extended warranty on it. I saved the e-mail and just checked--it has 2 years for $60. I have hesitated to purchase it as don't think I've ever bought extended warranty on any of my electronic junk. Always figure by the time it passes regular warranty or breaks I'll be ready to upgrade to something else. So far that has been the case. I do like a good deal though. Since you think it is a decent warranty I might reconsider. Now trying to get rid of the U3011 and maybe the ZR24W--just don't have room for all of them! Son of a co-worker is putting together an autocad workstation and figure the U3011 might be good for that. Must say I still miss the 16:10 resolution a bit.

Almost 3 weeks with my epic monitor. Loving every minute of using it :D

However I did notice something. Does anybody here get any flickering once in awhile? I notice it a few colorful lines flicker for a quick second...and it only happens while I'm idle at windows reading forums or checking e-mail. I never noticed any flickering during gaming. It happens for a split second, and it only does it like once every 2-3 days? I'm not sure if it's a good or bad sign, but it happens so infrequently that I don't let it bother me. And I am using an upgraded DP cable FWIW.

But twice now I've had it not wake up out of power saving mode. Powering it off and back on fixes it fortunately.

M

Still loving this monitor. Haven't noticed any flickering. I keep it on all the time so can't speak to the waking up out of power-saving mode. Wonder if your problems could be something else unrelated to the monitor? My problem is too slow internet to stream much 4K and needing more graphics power sooner or later--nothing to do with the monitor. I am liking how it comes up to full brightness instantly and the colors are stunning. The old fluorescent monitors had to warm up a bit. Guessing all LED monitors behave this way. Sure runs cooler. Still thinking this unit was the steal of the year.

This seems like a winner if they can get Gsync in it, Acer seems to be caring more about their display stuff recently.

@dukenuke88: Thanks for posting the link to Linus' review--finally found out about the "magnetic base"--kept reading the warning about it but had no clue--now I know what the little paperclip icon on the base means! Also, thought my eyes deceived when he showed the Newegg customer reviews and saw one by our GT--looked at the 'Egg web page and couldn't find it. You are a sly one, GT! I've been hesitant to even write a review on the 'Egg and mention price--still afraid they will want me to send it back.

Since no gaming will be done with this monitor it has been the almost perfect solution--if I could purchase the same thing with 16:10 resolution life would be grand--have an idea those days may be long gone. 16:9 seems to have taken over the world. Gamers probably still need to wait for the "perfect" monitor. I need to see about getting a faster internet connection--took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to watch Linus' review at 4K! Streaming wasn't in the plan but it is nice to be able when needed; there isn't much other 4K content yet. Stunned some family members over the weekend with the 4K resolution--now they all want it. Sister and nephew are both photographers and they were much impressed by the color accuracy, sharpness and detail the Acer provided; they need it for photo editing. Wish I'd bought a couple when the price was right.

Last edited:
Really considering pulling the trigger on this monitor for my new build. I am considering waiting for the next Nvidia 980ti/titan2 whatever , but as at 4k I'm good with no AA and think 2 980's would do me fine.

As a long , long time lurker here just never bothered to register/post , I know everyone has different monitor tastes and can't really say whats good for them is for others etc.

My all time favorite pc gaming monitors are a tie between the Dell 30xx series and the Westy 37" W3.

I'll fully admit I don't mind , in fact prefer full on brightness and am not a 144hz/gsync must have. Have always been more about size and resolution.

Am trying to decide between this Acer 4k or waiting a few weeks for a US (hopefully) version of the Samsung 40" 4k. While I know I would like the size of the 40' Samsung , it seems as if this Acer is a SST if I'm not mistaken and seems likely to have slightly better performance , or maybe less issues is a better way to put it.

Just looking for advice from some of you who get where I'm coming from. 60hz is fine for me , love my Dell 3014 atm , it will be going to the side as a work/browsing 2nd monitor hooked up to my current machine that will be replaced as a gaming rig. I'm wondering if the 32" Acer will seem "small" in any way next to the Dell 3014 with the different ratio's ?

Really considering pulling the trigger on this monitor for my new build. I am considering waiting for the next Nvidia 980ti/titan2 whatever , but as at 4k I'm good with no AA and think 2 980's would do me fine.

As a long , long time lurker here just never bothered to register/post , I know everyone has different monitor tastes and can't really say whats good for them is for others etc.

My all time favorite pc gaming monitors are a tie between the Dell 30xx series and the Westy 37" W3.

I'll fully admit I don't mind , in fact prefer full on brightness and am not a 144hz/gsync must have. Have always been more about size and resolution.

Am trying to decide between this Acer 4k or waiting a few weeks for a US (hopefully) version of the Samsung 40" 4k. While I know I would like the size of the 40' Samsung , it seems as if this Acer is a SST if I'm not mistaken and seems likely to have slightly better performance , or maybe less issues is a better way to put it.

Just looking for advice from some of you who get where I'm coming from. 60hz is fine for me , love my Dell 3014 atm , it will be going to the side as a work/browsing 2nd monitor hooked up to my current machine that will be replaced as a gaming rig. I'm wondering if the 32" Acer will seem "small" in any way next to the Dell 3014 with the different ratio's ?

Which Samsung model are your referring to?

Which Samsung model are your referring to?

Sorry , specifically the Philips BDM4065U , 40" 4k with display port , supposedly US version Q1 2015.

I'm just wondering if between that one and this Acer , the Acer is less apt to issues overall.

Either way I'll be waiting to get either through Amazon even if few bucks more , as I am picky about dead pixels and will go through however many exchanges necessary so buying it through prime is worth the piece of mind for me for free no hassle returns.

Back