Acer B326HK - 4k 32" monitor sub 1k euro

Is this Acer and the Benq BL3201PT using the same IPS panel, or different ones?

Is this Acer and the Benq BL3201PT using the same IPS panel, or different ones?

If they are using the same panel it would be weird because the Acer has been available in Europe for a few months while the Benq doesn't exist anywhere. Also the Acer is only like $870 in Asia so Acer can release the product cheaper than Benq using AUO's panels? Doesn't make too much sense.

Amazon Marketplace. Coming from Germany.

How much was it after shipping? Because I think with a price of ~950E it must be $1200 even before shipping, right?

Funny thing I tried to order the Acer B326HK off of CDW because it said product will ship within 7-9 days. As soon as I made the order they changed availability to "backordered: call for availability." I must have been the first person to order the product from them and they realized their ETA was way off lol.

Its not available a few months, just 1-2 weeks and press release is only old about a week.
And always consider european prices € = $ more or less just look at Apple. European prices are with 20% VAT already added...

If they are using the same panel it would be weird because the Acer has been available in Europe for a few months while the Benq doesn't exist anywhere. Also the Acer is only like $870 in Asia so Acer can release the product cheaper than Benq using AUO's panels? Doesn't make too much sense.

Where from? I'm in Aussie and wouldn't mind checking this out (as well as the Benq). Tried a 590D (which I thought was crap) I'm sceptical but hopeful..currently running a Dell 3011 and not sold on the ultrawides for what I use my monitor for.

Cancelled my orders with CDW and PC Connection because they went from "availability in 7 days" to "availability: call." Too bad because at $880 and $907 they were much cheaper than newegg which after tax is about $1080 shipped.

Looks like its available at Newegg now. No surprise the first merchant that gets it is newegg, with 8 dead pixel return policy! This reminds me of the first release of Doublesight 26" IPS monitors, Newegg only, and no surprise many of them had dead pixels. I highly suspect the batch must have a lot of dead pixels if Amazon closed their entry for this item right before release and Acer decided on newegg to launch their product in the US. Either way, I could probably just return it with some excuse like "backlight bleed" with newegg right? In for 1 :)

Last edited:
Cancelled my orders with CDW and PC Connection because they went from "availability in 7 days" to "availability: call." Too bad because at $880 and $907 they were much cheaper than newegg which after tax is about $1080 shipped.

Looks like its available at Newegg now. No surprise the first merchant that gets it is newegg, with 8 dead pixel return policy! This reminds me of the first release of Doublesight 26" IPS monitors, Newegg only, and no surprise many of them had dead pixels. I highly suspect the batch must have a lot of dead pixels if Amazon closed their entry for this item right before release and Acer decided on newegg to launch their product in the US. Either way, I could probably just return it with some excuse like "backlight bleed" with newegg right? In for 1 :)

Let us know how it goes man! I value your opinon because I know you said in another post that you were a heavy gamer. I mostly game and do general browsing and youtube.

Yes me too would like dragonageinquisitions report on this monitor. I know he had the LG 31MU97 also which is what I am expecting to arrive here. So if he says this Acer is better for gaming then I might return or sell the LG and get this Acer.

Regretting ordering from newegg now lol ordered last Thursday for 2 day delivery. They didn't print the shipping label until today, so earliest I'll get it will be next week. I've really been spoiled by Amazon shipping times, not used to waiting 7 days for an item to get out the door.

Should've ordered from provantage, it's almost $150 cheaper there and I probably would've gotten it sooner too. Also I noticed newegg raised the price of this monitor to $1099 (above $999 msrp) even though many merchants are selling this for under $900. Newegg's business model must require much higher profit margins...or they are just price gouging...lol.

I did notice Amazon is listing the pre-order for Benq BL3201PH at $899 on their website. I wonder if this is Benq trying to gain market share by slashing their prices as much as possible. Quite a difference from $3500 4K monitors just a year ago!

This is 60hz, right? Does it feature HDMI 2.0? Really tempted to pull the trigger on this one. Provantage looks like they have a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee. Resellerratings are good on them too.

This is 60hz, right? Does it feature HDMI 2.0? Really tempted to pull the trigger on this one. Provantage looks like they have a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee. Resellerratings are good on them too.

We've had 60hz since 2013 technically, except they were MST instead of SST displays. No 4K monitor is expected to have HDMI 2.0 in 2014, after all only 4 TV lines have that so far. It's a way to save money but I also believe it's due to the fact that there's no 4:4:4 4K chip currently that can do HDCP 2.2 as well.

After seeing a 4k 28" monitor at Microcenter, I am debating whether to cancel my Dell 27" 4k due to scaling issues and order a 32" 4k.... If I hadn't gotten the Dell for so cheap..... Provantage has the Acer for $867 but you have to pay return shipping which will run $75 - $100 with insurance.

After seeing a 4k 28" monitor at Microcenter, I am debating whether to cancel my Dell 27" 4k due to scaling issues and order a 32" 4k.... If I hadn't gotten the Dell for so cheap..... Provantage has the Acer for $867 but you have to pay return shipping which will run $75 - $100 with insurance.

I saw 28 inch 4k TN panels in person. IMO, they are just way too small for text reading. I know if I brought it home, I would have to constantly move my head closer to read text....which is a big turn off from a user experience point of view. 32 inch 4k SHOULD fix most of the problems with small text. I can't say for sure until I try it....but I'm thinking the extra 4 inches should easily help.

So yeah, I'd say cancel the 27 Dell 4k

Depends how far you sit. Based on my experience with the Samsung UD970 and LG 31MU97 at 4 feet seating distance I would say is borderline too far for regular text. You need to be around 2.5 feet ideally on a 32" 4K monitor to read text legibly with 100% scaling. It depends on how strong the AG coating is too. I could sit slightly farther with the LG because the coating was lighter, but you definitely had to lean in closer with the Samsung due to the grainyness it blurred text quite a bit.

27" is not necessarily too small, it's just you have to sit really close...like no more than 1.5 feet I would say which is pretty much borderline leaning forward from the chair lol.

The DPI on the 27" Dell is the same as my Thinkpad Yoga (12.5 @ 1920x1080) but for some reason text looks much smaller on the larger monitors. I think I will keep the Dell order since Dell covers return shipping on the returns and wait until some reviews come out on the 32" 4k panels. I do agree though that 32" at 4k does sound ideal.

We've had 60hz since 2013 technically, except they were MST instead of SST displays. No 4K monitor is expected to have HDMI 2.0 in 2014, after all only 4 TV lines have that so far. It's a way to save money but I also believe it's due to the fact that there's no 4:4:4 4K chip currently that can do HDCP 2.2 as well.

Good point, but I meant 60hz without multiple connections. It is, correct?

Someone in the LG 34" 21:9 display thread mentioned that it's technically hdmi 2.0 in capability, though it's not advertised. I wondered if it was the same for this panel.

Good point, but I meant 60hz without multiple connections. It is, correct?

Someone in the LG 34" 21:9 display thread mentioned that it's technically hdmi 2.0 in capability, though it's not advertised. I wondered if it was the same for this panel.

Its a single tiled display based on all the evidence so far.

As far as the LG 21:9 being HDMI 2.0 lolno. I had the 31MU97 which is a newer display and it could only do 30hz through hdmi. You could probably overclock it slightly but a 60hz custom res just give a black screen. HDMI 2.0 has not been implemented in any monitor so far this year.

Its a single tiled display based on all the evidence so far.

As far as the LG 21:9 being HDMI 2.0 lolno. I had the 31MU97 which is a newer display and it could only do 30hz through hdmi. You could probably overclock it slightly but a 60hz custom res just give a black screen. HDMI 2.0 has not been implemented in any monitor so far this year.

Gotcha. This post had me thinking it might be:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041251086&postcount=3273

The Benq seems to have AHVA panel, this Acer has IPS?
The Acer is not in stock in my country, not sure when it will get released, Benq will be out in December.

I seriously wonder when Amazon will have that BENQ in stock!!

DAI, please update us when that Acer arrives :D

The Benq seems to have AHVA panel, this Acer has IPS?
The Acer is not in stock in my country, not sure when it will get released, Benq will be out in December.

AHVA, like PLS, is an IPS-like technology - i.e. it is not traditional VA, it's IPS made by companies who do not hold the patent for IPS. PLS is Samsung's (and its licensees) IPS technology, and AHVA is AUO's IPS technology, I believe.

I don't think anyone else is manufacturing 32" 4K PC panels so the Acer is probably either using the AUO AHVA panel or the Samsung PLS panel. We'll see soon.

I don't think anyone else is manufacturing 32" 4K PC panels so the Acer is probably either using the AUO AHVA panel or the Samsung PLS panel. We'll see soon.

The acer website and any other site claim the B326HK is using an IPS panel, so it cannot be samsung's PLS panel otherwise they would state it as PLS not IPS.

The acer website and any other site claim the B326HK is using an IPS panel, so it cannot be samsung's PLS panel otherwise they would state it as PLS not IPS.

Eizo advertises their PLS panels as IPS, and most resellers advertise Samsung panels as IPS as well. It's called IPS out of convenience so people recognize it.

For anyone out there who is awake at this hour, NewEgg just emailed out their Thanksgiving / BF promo. At 12:00am PST (3:00am EST) they will be dropping the price of the 32" Acer B326HK to $699.

Ugh I hate that its so low.

Its sitting in my cart on Newegg and I'm not gonna buy it, have my heart set on a 21:9 Samsung or Dell. This price is so good why couldn't it be one of those monitors, only thing keeping me from buying is I don't have the GPU power for 4k at the moment.

lol well I guess I'm hoping either newegg will credit me the difference or I will have to return the first one they sent me and keep the second.

lol! 30 seconds after they charged the card it went into "packaging" status, aka cannot cancel order, a familiar sight just like my order last Thursday. If this is anything like last time when I ordered the Acer last Thursday its gonna be next Wednesday before they ship it. At least the price is good this time.

Last edited:
The Acer likely suffers from really obvious overshoot ghosting and lacks overdrive settings like the majority of their monitors. Their 4K G-Sync TN is one of their only monitors released in years with overdrive settings.

Back