Acer B286HK (4K 60hz SST DP 1.2) $350 shipped @ newegg (28" TN monitor)

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009659

Acer B286HK (4K 60hz SST DP 1.2) for $350 shipped, yeah it's TN like all the other 28" but it has only 10.6ms input lag, no grayscale or ghosting issues like some of the 28" panels have, a USB 3.0 hub, and 3-year warranty. Plus it's returnable with no restock if you don't like it under newegg's holiday iron egg policy.

I don't normally bite on TN screens but given the good reviews I found of it I am going to give this thing a shot. I originally was going to aim for a Dell P2715Q (IPS) but the best deal around on that right now is $550 + tax (~$600 in my case) and potentially $530ish if another stackable coupon came around. Just including those figures as a comparison of what's available.

EDIT: Get another 2% off using fatwallet cashback: http://www.fatwallet.com/cash-back-shopping/N for newegg later which they will pay to your paypal or send a check for. This is around $7 extra off if you click through them! It's normally 1% so I just rushed to get my order in without checking to see that it was now 2% :eek: .

Finally, YMMV on this part: You may be able to get an extra 5% off with coupon code NAFBF14A starting at 11am Pacific Time today if they're in stock still by then. Personally I rolled the dice and will see if they'll apply the code for me on my existing order once it's active; I didn't want to risk it going out of stock. That would give another $17.50 discount.

Review link: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2468379,00.asp

Last edited:
Code is live, comes out to around 332.50. Not bad for 4k.

Just ordered one. Iron-Egg guarantee on this one - so you have until the end of January to decide if its good enough for ya.

how does this compare to the Monoprice 27" IPS-Glass Panel Pro LED Monitor WQHD 2560x1440- 440cd/m2 - HDMI® / DVI / VGA / DisplayPort 1.2 w/Built in Speakers? Will be $300 shipped on BF.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=10489&seq=1&format=2

I have the Zero-G monoprice IPS panel at work, and while it's nice, I like my B286HK quite a bit better. I can't comment on the IPS Pro, though.

Also, I like how $400 with a printer and nobody bats an eye, but $350 and all of a sudden it's like newegg is having a fire sale.

Where can I find a good review of this? I'm rally curious about lag and fast paced fps games like csgo.

got the monitor and I have to say that I am quite dissapointed. The biggest issue is there is CLEAR GHOSTING. You can see a blurry trail anytime you move the mouse cursor. Anytime there is side to side motion (video or games) you can clearly see a ghosting trail following the image.

I have read other reviews where this is a common issue so I dont think it is a defective monitor. I think I will most likely be returning this even with the steal price I got it for.

got the monitor and I have to say that I am quite dissapointed. The biggest issue is there is CLEAR GHOSTING. You can see a blurry trail anytime you move the mouse cursor. Anytime there is side to side motion (video or games) you can clearly see a ghosting trail following the image.

I have read other reviews where this is a common issue so I dont think it is a defective monitor. I think I will most likely be returning this even with the steal price I got it for.

I am currently on this monitor and can tell you that I have absolutely no ghosting whatsoever. Sounds like its hit - or - miss on this one, but mine is perfect. The only thing I am having issues with is text looking a bit weird. That's all stuff that can be changed tho.

I have played a few games and noticed no issues at all. Who would have thought my SLI TITANS would be struggling so soon.

I am currently on this monitor and can tell you that I have absolutely no ghosting whatsoever. Sounds like its hit - or - miss on this one, but mine is perfect. The only thing I am having issues with is text looking a bit weird. That's all stuff that can be changed tho.

I have played a few games and noticed no issues at all. Who would have thought my SLI TITANS would be struggling so soon.

It must be hit or miss. The one I have (sending back tomorrow) is unlike any panel I've ever seen in severity, to a cant-miss-it level. I ended up choosing to get an Acer b326hk ips instead but if I was going to keep the b286hk I would have exchanged it to get a properly working one. I saw too many reports of it being fine and enough like mine where it's terrible, to believe anything but a bad batch or hit/miss issue is there with these. Otherwise it's an excellent display.

It must be hit or miss. The one I have (sending back tomorrow) is unlike any panel I've ever seen in severity, to a cant-miss-it level. I ended up choosing to get an Acer b326hk ips instead but if I was going to keep the b286hk I would have exchanged it to get a properly working one. I saw too many reports of it being fine and enough like mine where it's terrible, to believe anything but a bad batch or hit/miss issue is there with these. Otherwise it's an excellent display.

did your 286hk also suffer from extreme ghosting like mine?

Yeah, big time inverted trailing/ghosting :eek: .

so what r u going to do? im not sure if i want to exchange it for another one or just return it get a refund and pay $200 to more get the ASUS PB287Q...?

Last edited:
so what r u going to do? im not sure if i want to exchange it for another one or just return it get a refund and pay $200 to more get the ASUS PB287Q...?

I'm going to try the B326HK which is cojming in today then decide which one to keep, if I decide on the B286HK I'll exchange it for a working one at that point.

No ghosting with mine. I do however have a problem with it going black then coming back on again. Not sure if its a driver issue or what.

Got mine yesterday. The ghosting is pretty horrid. A co-worker also ordered one... ghosting was bad on his also.

It is more than likely going back unless someone finds a fix... I checked out the service menu and didn't see anything promising.

Edit: Actually the more gaming I do with it I really don't notice the ghosting when I'm playing. Really I can only see it on the desktop with the cursor going on a a semi-dark backgounrd(like dark gray) moving at the perfect speed...

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday. The ghosting is pretty horrid. A co-worker also ordered one... ghosting was bad on his also.

It is more than likely going back unless someone finds a fix... I checked out the service menu and didn't see anything promising.

Edit: Actually the more gaming I do with it I really don't notice the ghosting when I'm playing. Really I can only see it on the desktop with the cursor going on a a semi-dark backgounrd(like dark gray) moving at the perfect speed...

Yeah, I tried hard to find a fix but came up empty, honestly though it became relatively minor in gaming though definitely annoyed me still there. It's one of those things you notice like crazy at first but ends up blending in some after a bit. I got my ips based b326hk and it's a whole extra tier of display quality that I really wanted and have opted to keep (+ no ghosting) but the TN b286hk is a solid panel really in its own right. I still am fairly sure there must be multiple firmware revisions out there on the b286hk units as far as the overdrive/ghosting.

Fixed the flickering on mine by simply using the DP cable that was supplied with the monitor.. I had ordered a longer one just in case supplied cable wasn't long enough. I had read that too long of a DP cable could cause this so I tried the shorter one and its gone.

I sure am glad I don't have the ghosting issues you guys are seeing.

Back