Acer B273HU

vjcsmoke

Supreme [H]ardness
Does anybody own this monitor?
Are Acer monitors of good quality in general and how about this one in particular?

What are your impressions of it in terms of image quality, responsiveness, build quality, and input lag? I'm particularly concerned about the input lag since larger monitors tend to have more of it.

I'm surprised there is no detailed review on this monitor in this forum yet.
It is a whopping 27 incher with 2048x1152 resolution for under $450.
It also has VGA, DVI, and HDMI inputs allowing it to be used for a variety of purposes including connecting to your game consoles.
It has free built in speakers but no webcam.

Here are two recent positive reviews:

GCN Lab
http://gcn.com/Articles/2009/06/29/GCN-Lab-Review-Acer-B273HU.aspx?Page=1

PC Magazine
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2347352,00.asp

Monitor experts/owners help out with this one!
I'm really considering getting this if it gets more positive/detailed reviews.

*bump* because this is a potentially a very nice monitor and someone has got to know something about it...

Seeing how after 7 months you can't get a response on here..................all I can say is my buddy got one for XMAS, and next to his GF's Hans G 28", it is far superior.

Outside of bumping an ancient thread where the OP has probably moved on and purchased a monitor months ago, how is the Acer "far superior" to the Hanns-G?

A little bit more description goes a long way for those interested in and researching larger TN panel monitors.

Outside of bumping an ancient thread where the OP has probably moved on and purchased a monitor months ago, how is the Acer "far superior" to the Hanns-G?

A little bit more description goes a long way for those interested in and researching larger TN panel monitors.

Especially considering for about $100 more you could get a S-PVA or IPS panel, albeit in a smaller 24" 16:10 format. I'm curious if there is color shift just staring at the thing head-on considering I notice slight shift even on my current 22" TN panel...

I have the acre in question and really like it. I came from a 22" NEC FP 2141sb, which is a very good CRT monitor, but I enjoy the Acer much more. Going from a 4:3 like the NEC to the 16:9 of the acer is a little akward, and frankly the only thing I dont like about the acer is I wish it was 16:10 for more vertical area.

-As far as input lag, what input lag?
-I havent bothered with the speakers, but I wouldnt expect much.
-The stand is solid, but I wish it was harder to slide up and down
-Love the color and clarity, and this res is about perfect for this size screen if you do a lot of reading.

I have the acre in question and really like it. I came from a 22" NEC FP 2141sb, which is a very good CRT monitor, but I enjoy the Acer much more. Going from a 4:3 like the NEC to the 16:9 of the acer is a little akward, and frankly the only thing I dont like about the acer is I wish it was 16:10 for more vertical area.

-As far as input lag, what input lag?
-I havent bothered with the speakers, but I wouldnt expect much.
-The stand is solid, but I wish it was harder to slide up and down
-Love the color and clarity, and this res is about perfect for this size screen if you do a lot of reading.

Notice any color shifting from viewing head-on? How about response times? Uniformity issues?

I can go completely from side to side and there is no color shift. If I look up at the monitor (ie, monitor is too high) there is some. There is about a 12" vertical window when looking directly at it that there is no color shift.
Response times are excellent. If there is lag I sure cant see it, even in games.
There is some light bleeding from the bottom if the screen is solid black, but I can only see it if the room is completely black and even then its tolerable. It doesnt bother me at all.

I am considering purchasing one of these for my wife.
She will be using it on a mac mini that I bought for here a month ago. Not too much gaming, just needs lots of screen realestate.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

I do a lot of picture editing and all of the available horizontal real estate sure is nice for that.

Back