Acer Aspire One Tablet Mod

jtg1993

Gawd
I have always wanted to make my aspire one into a tablet well today I got my ass in gear and got it started. So far the tools I used were a dremel, nail clippers (they are great for cutting plastic pieces off), plyers, knife, screw driver and some tape. I still need use bondo and jb weld to hold it together and also put in the hard drive, wifi card, antenna's and order the new display and touchscreen kit also rig up a power button then paint it. Here are the shitty pictures, I will take better pics once im done with the bondo and jb weld in a few days.

Sorry for the finger prints I forgot to clean it. The stuff on the front bezel at the top is residue from packing tape I used earlier on it.
DSCN0052.jpg

The tape is holding the front on.
DSCN0046.jpg

It is a little thinner then stock.
DSCN0047.jpg

And here it is next to my keyboard and 22" monitor.
DSCN0054.jpg

Yes I know I suck at taking pictures.

Don't feel sorry for it, the net book was a piece of shit and it was sitting in my room for a few months not being used. I'm pretty much bringing it back to life.

ok im still trying to figure out exactly what it is that youre doing. it looks to me like you ripped off the display, broke it and are holding it together with tape.i take it you have an ao150 and not the d150.

No I never broke it during this, the display went crazy a few months ago so I stopped using the net book and got a desktop. I'm now converting it to a tablet but I still need to replace the display. It is a A110 that came stock with 1GB ram, 8GB ssd, but I replaced the ssd with a 20GB ipod hard drive and replaced the wifi card. This guy did sorta the same thing im doing but i'm not done mine yet.

Interesting idea. Looks a bit rough atm, but hopefully it will look nice when you're done.

So this is a broken laptop that now looks even more broken?

Is the screen still glitching at all?

Sorry for the lack of updates I haven't worked on it much lately till today and got the top held down so it was close to done but the motherboard just died. So the project is off.

EDIT: Hmm the motherboard seems to turn on again after letting it sit for a bit. Projects back on. But I seem to be having a problem of it only turning on for 1 second then turning off.

Last edited:
well, if you can get some work done in that 1 sec, you're golden.

I like the idea btw...just your presentation lacked a little something.

Same thing happened on my Aspire One. Just open it up and re-seat the cable. It should be good to go.

Back