Acer 32" VA panel 2560x1440 $400 shipped @ Newegg (black friday price)

I appreciate the absurd model number, I've been kind of wanting a 32" 2k monitor. I have a 27" 1080p monitor currently, would getting a QHD 27" monitor be a noticeable upgrade?

I have been thinking about a new monitor, still just a single 23" that I have had for probably close to 5 years now...This is kinda tempting.

Anyone have personal experience with these? It has good reviews on NE, but you know how that goes...

I bought one during the last sale @$399. I think it's awesome as a desktop workstation monitor. I cannot comment on how good it is or isn't as a gaming monitor.

32" WQHD is a perfect size/resolution though.

I bought one during the last sale @$399. I think it's awesome as a desktop workstation monitor. I cannot comment on how good it is or isn't as a gaming monitor.

32" WQHD is a perfect size/resolution though.

what do you think about the ghosting comments I see on newegg/amazon?

would it be okay for watching videos on part of the screen?

I am thinking of upgrading to it from a U2713HM because my eyes cannot deal with the tiny pixels anymore

Some comments like

Very poor black uniformity. The one I received had clouding issues, and the one side of the screen was lighter than the other.

* Very poor gray uniformity. This display has the same banding issues as the BL3200PT, and it is noticeable in normal use.

* Noticeable inverse ghosting and unadjustable overdrive. You can see a blue trail on the mouse cursor. It is noticeable in games as well. The BL3200PT does not have this issue

- This panel has a forced overdrive setting that you cannot turn off. Whenever you move a window/anything around there will be a very noticeable almost flashing purpleish shadow following anything you move around (this drove me crazy/caused eye fatigue for me)
- Mine had dead pixels
- Colors are muted, even with calibrations this monitor didn't have clear quality color representation
- AVHA Panel seems to bottom out on the low end of the color scale, things that are dark are way too dark (you lose quite a bit of detail in the blacks

make me wanna steer away from this one.

what do you think about the ghosting comments I see on newegg/amazon?

would it be okay for watching videos on part of the screen?

I am thinking of upgrading to it from a U2713HM because my eyes cannot deal with the tiny pixels anymore

LIke I said, I see no issues with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Bomgar, LogMeIn, or the other apps I use. I have no idea about media or gaming. It's a workstation monitor for me.

YT video's look fine.

I have one. Yes there is noticeable ghosting, especially during gaming. Also the colors are muted, so yeah those reviews are pretty accurate. I'll be swapping mine for a 40" 4k once they become more available/affordable.

I have one. Yes there is noticeable ghosting, especially during gaming. Also the colors are muted, so yeah those reviews are pretty accurate. I'll be swapping mine for a 40" 4k once they become more available/affordable.

Better hope for some advances in GPUs by then as well.

Thanks for the input, this helped me pass!

Seems like his problems are mixed, some reviews are great, others seem to have some issues, some have issues that can be corrected (such as colors). I ordered one, coming in today, I will see how it does, I don't do as much gaming as I use to, but I do still game when ever I get a chance, however I don't do much FPS anymore, so I think I can live with ghosting if there is any for the kind of games I play now 98% of the time.

Thanks for the input, this helped me pass!

Just for a heads up, I have had mine for a few days now, works great, no ghosting for what I use, very smooth, good colors, no odd problems as others talked about in reviews etc etc.

Just for a heads up, I have had mine for a few days now, works great, no ghosting for what I use, very smooth, good colors, no odd problems as others talked about in reviews etc etc.

Same with mine.

This must have been a clearance price.

Both Newegg and Amazon no longer list it themselves, only 3rd party sellers.

Amazon would normally take orders if they were going to restock, but they don't even list themselves.

Back