Acer 2560x1440 ips with tilt/swivel stand - 449.00

BB Gun

[H]ard|Gawd
At the egg, unfortunately for some...

Acer B6 B276HULymiidprz

WTF is it with acer's model number?

Nice to see more of these 1440p monitors finally coming down in price. Regularly between 400 and 500 bucks lately.

BB

What's up with the model number? lol... good price though, 6ms response time.

Actually seems like a really good price.

The cheapest I've seen an Korean monitor with hdmi and dp is 360 and that is with a shit stand. For 100 more you set betting a name brand monitor with a good stand. Seems like a good deal.

The cheapest I've seen an Korean monitor with hdmi and dp is 360 and that is with a shit stand. For 100 more you set betting a name brand monitor with a good stand. Seems like a good deal.

I wouldn't call Acer a "name brand". Their QC is pretty questionable from what I've read.

I wouldn't call Acer a "name brand". Their QC is pretty questionable from what I've read.

Not a high end name brand, but still is a name brand.

Considering the bezel and the stand I would call this a pretty Damn good buy over the Korean displays. This is coming from someone who has a shiman that has been perfect.

Not sure what you have been "reading" but it sounds like uneducated fanboy/12yr tech know it alls J Mack..I have owned quite a few of Acer's higher end LCD's over the years, and loved every one of them..I also have extended family members that all total own about ~10 ACER LCDs, 4 notebooks with AMD APU's, and 1 desktop system..

I am the one they call when they have an issue, and I haven't heard a thing related to hardware..In fact when working on 2 of the notebooks (Virus/Spyware removal), I was quite impressed with their build/LCD quality for sub $350~400 notebooks..

In regards to their LCDs, when 20" WS LCD's were the new hotness, everyone wanted the NEC 20XXXG2 something or other..It was INSANELY price @ $700~750, but was the first gaming LCD to use an IPS panel...

I dug and dug online to see if I could find another company using that beautiful IPS panel that the NEC was using, and sure enough I finally found one...Made by ACER..It used a Glossy Coating just like the NEC, which made things love lovely compared to the Matte finish LCDs of the time..It also had the exact same IPS Panel, I took it apart to confirm..

I bought it locally no less, and even with 5% sales tax at the time, it only cost me $450 compared to the $700~750 of the NEC..ACER also offered a 3 year advanced Warranty exchange at any of their authorized dealers, which is why I bought it locally..It was a great LCD, used ~15+hours a day for CAD/Gaming/School Work without an issue right up until the warranty had ~61 days remaining..The issue wasn't even with the LCD itself, it was a problem with the external powerbrick..I was given a credit for the full purchase price, and used it to buy a higher end 24" 1080P LCD (again an ACER) which served me for quite a while until my upgrade bug, and handed off to the 'rents..

That being said, this until is clearly using an LG IPS Panel, the same as every other high end 1440P, except they should be all A+ panels vs the A+ to A- and dust lottery with the cheaper Korean LCDs..I was considering this, but have decided to go with the HP 27" 1440P since I can get it locally for $500 and make sure it is an A+ panel before I leave the store..If that option wasn't available, I would grab one of these without any concern..

Acer is indeed a name brand, that's not to say it's a "premium" brand though.

Acer is ok for monitors, wouldn't buy an Acer laptop though given the choice.

Some Acer products are good deals, others do have QC issues.

I don't see why people are giving this monitor so much shit.

It is a good deal for what you are getting.

Lets compare.

The lowest priced 27" ips 2560x1440 led monitor on newegg with HDMI and Displayport is a QNIX Q270 for $374.99 + $9.99 shipping. On top of that it comes with a one year warranty through the seller who charges a restocking fee and you have to pay for return shipping. To get a three year warranty will cost you $53.99 from squaretrade. Now you are left with a shitty stand. A lot of people will want to change the stand out. The cheapest stand I could find was $38.38 from amazon. The total you will spend on everything is $477.35.

Now in comparison, you can buy the Acer for $449.99 + $7.59 shipping. This includes a three year warranty through acer and it is sold directly by newegg. It comes with a nice stand and bezel. Total price paid $457.58. (The monitors can be had for 449.99 with free 2 day shipping if you have shoprunner.)

So to get the same thing you are saving $19.77 by going with the ACER. Once again, I don't see how you can say this is a bad deal. This is the first time that it is cheaper to get an actual real name brand 27" ips led 2560x1440 monitor than to get a competing Korean. Plus you are likely getting an A+ screen compared to the A- that the koreans ship with.

The closest deal I could find to this is a refurb Dell 2713HM. These can be had for 457.04 after tax with free ship with a 30% off coupon. However this only comes with a 90 day warranty.

This is coming from a person who bought in on the korean originally and had one crap out 13 months later. Long story short, I was shit out of luck.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

Not a high end name brand, but still is a name brand.

Considering the bezel and the stand I would call this a pretty Damn good buy over the Korean displays. This is coming from someone who has a shiman that has been perfect.

I would say it's only a better deal if these things can OC.

I would say it's only a better deal if these things can OC.

You are aware that quite a few of the 27" Korean models DO NOT O/C...Of those that do, very few will reach the magic 120hz..Quite a few fall in the 90~100Hz range if you are lucky..While this is still a nice boost vs a 60Hz, it is indeed a gamble...I personally think this is a great deal, since most people even here, cannot push over 60FPs+ @ 1440P, even with details turned down..I'd much rather have nice IQ @ a solid 60FPS then muddy/bland textures just to get "MoAR FPS"...To each their own though..

Acer makes solid but unexciting monitors for a decent price. Nothing wrong with them at all. Deal seems good for a 1440p 27" IPS LCD + warranty from a company that has a solid US presence for warranty claims and support.

I use two 1440p korean brands I got off Ebay -- solid monitors, both OC easily to 96Hz out of the box with Xfire 290s I should be able to hit the sweet spot and have ~90fps consistently

the prices on korean monitors have been creeping up as I understand - only way I'd really be interested in paying the "acer" premium is if there was a guarentee against backlight bleed or dead pixels.

I wouldn't have a problem with one of them. In fact I wold be glad to swap a ASUS VG248QE 144Hz with a 3d kit for one easily. Need more screen and 1080 doesn't cut it now. Seems like a great buy for the price -vs- imported monitors.

Last edited:
It probably uses LED PWM Dimming (Side Affects) and suffers from cross-hatching and image retention like the Dell U2713HM, hence the low price. Acer's often suffer from overshoot ghosting and lack overdrive settings, I bet this Acer has the same awful overshoot ghosting as the latest U2713HM revision and a few of the other 1440p AH-IPS panels (Dell U2713H, Asus PA279Q, Fujitsu P27T-7 which also suffers from cross-hatching).

Good info. Does this also apply to the Koren 1440p 27" IPS panels?

You are aware that quite a few of the 27" Korean models DO NOT O/C...Of those that do, very few will reach the magic 120hz..Quite a few fall in the 90~100Hz range if you are lucky..While this is still a nice boost vs a 60Hz, it is indeed a gamble...I personally think this is a great deal, since most people even here, cannot push over 60FPs+ @ 1440P, even with details turned down..I'd much rather have nice IQ @ a solid 60FPS then muddy/bland textures just to get "MoAR FPS"...To each their own though..

The ones that have anything other than a DVI connection (i.e. HDMI, DP) won't OC because they are on a different PCB than the DVI only PCB's iirc. Nearly all of the DVI only monitors have OCed quite well.

Good info. Does this also apply to the Koren 1440p 27" IPS panels?

All tests indicate they don't use PWM or have really high frequencies (8-12khz vs. vs 120hz [LG IPS]-480hz for most other panels, 240hz is more common).

There might be a PWM lottery with the PLS Qnix panels, Samsung has been pulling some shady bull shit in regards to PWM with the 970 & 971D (either they have 180hz frequencies or are PWM Free). I've tested 2x Qnix QX2710's (glossy & matte), couldn't detect PWM on either but the matte Qinx QX2710 =DEAD= reviewed had a 160hz frequency.

Last edited:
Stop talking bad about Acer. I've been using them since the early 90's. They are a great company and have great products. Sorry it's not called Apple. Nice Deal :)

Back