Acer 23" 2048x1152 = $199 + free shipping HOT

Great price, looks like a decent monitor for the specs/price, but "2048x1152"? That's a pretty wonky res.

Very nice price for a high res monitor, even if it's a TN.

Shame it doesn't pivot to portrait for Eyefinity. You could always unscrew and pivot the mount, but in my experience, that's a PIA.

It is a 16:9 aspect ratio. I've been spoiled by my 1920x1200 28" Hanns-G so now the current monitors being 1920x1080 (1920x1200 seems to be going extinct) is a bit of a downer.

I don't mind the 16:9 aspect ratio, I actually prefer it over 16:10, but I don't want to lose vertical pixels as a result.

Can't they give us a 16:9 aspect ratio with at least 1200 vertical pixels? This is at least better than 1920x1080, where marketing has fooled some people into thinking its the highest resolution possible by man. :rolleyes:

It's BEYOND HD!!!11

(so, pointless)

i cant say that that is really the point... it has more to do with putting apps and stuff on there. think of the wonders of excel... ohh ahh... : P

alot of people dont really think of resolution in the right sense but oh well...people still say you cant watch hd on 1680 by xxx

Great deal on these!

i like my setup. a 1920x1200 in landscape for games, movies, etc and a 1920x1080 in portrait for itunes, PDFs, word, excel, etc. each lends itself better to different tasks, and they compliment each other very well. fortunately i have a weird desk that this actually looks good on. on a normal desk it would be weird to have landscape and portrait right next to each other.

anyway, looks like a pretty good deal. its a little bit higher total resolution than 1920x1200, way higher than 1920x1080.

What ratio is that LCD? 16:10 or 9

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't see the new posts after submitting response.

This monitor looks interesting. Anyone have an idea how a 5850 would do at this resolution? I've never seem any benchmarks at this resolution and wonder how they would come out.
Very nice price for a high res monitor, even if it's a TN.

Shame it doesn't pivot to portrait for Eyefinity. You could always unscrew and pivot the mount, but in my experience, that's a PIA.
It says it can pivot on the Newegg specs.

I have two Samsung 23" monitors in 2048x1152 and I like them. I think these use the same panel, just a slightly nicer stand (mine have no height adjustment). You wouldn't want to use these in portrait anyway due to them being TN.

2048x1152 FTMFW!

Takes a bit to get used to as they are very wide, but I run two of the Samsung's side by side and they are awesome. Yes, they are TN and have some backlight bleed around the sides on dark screens, but they are awesome to use and the resolution is fantastic.

same panel as samsung 2343bwx and dell SP2309w.
Great screens.
If you can find the samsung, it's usually around $170-180.

256k color TN panel, blegh. Good luck being able to run games in native resolution on this monitor and the black levels are hosed, because of the panel.

If you are going to spend the next 5 years+ with something that you have to look at everytime you use your computer, why not spend a little more and get something decent? Prices will come down as soon as people stop settling for TN.

S-IPS or bust.

One of the nice things about the 2048x1152 resolution is you'll find the bezels to be some of the smallest on the market ATM which makes for a pretty good Eyefinity experience. I have 3 of the 2343BWX's and have the center slightly behind the left and right for a very thin bezel effect.. you can't tell the difference either, it looks real good. I came from a 28" HannsG and the bezels on that are monstrous. Some pictures; I picked up my 2343BWX's for $187 shipped from TD after BCB, The stands on these Acers a much better, but I have no problems with the Samsungs.

eyefinity1.jpg

i cant say that that is really the point... it has more to do with putting apps and stuff on there. think of the wonders of excel... ohh ahh... : P

alot of people dont really think of resolution in the right sense but oh well...people still say you cant watch hd on 1680 by xxx

Great deal on these!

I understand the point, but I guess I'd rather watch 1080p content 1:1 without scaling or black bars all around.

Not saying this is a bad display...I just never really understood the point of this "beyond HD" nonsense...Especially on a display this small.

256k color TN panel, blegh. Good luck being able to run games in native resolution on this monitor and the black levels are hosed, because of the panel.

If you are going to spend the next 5 years+ with something that you have to look at everytime you use your computer, why not spend a little more and get something decent? Prices will come down as soon as people stop settling for TN.

S-IPS or bust.

picture1xob.jpg

Enough already, we all know TN is inferior, you have won, the parade can end.

S-IPS or bust.

bah i am le tired of the IPS crew. gotta poop on every single TN thread. i have 2 TN panels and i LOVE them. i would not pay double or more to get rid of backlight bleed thats only visible on the black boot screen. i would not pay double or more to be able to play games while sitting 70 degrees off center. etc... i couldnt be happier with my monitors and i didnt have to pay an outrageous amount of money or be a snobbish iphone/prius/IPS panel owner to do it. bam.

EDIT: lol, ryken. thanks. i think you said it much better than i did. :D

I understand the point, but I guess I'd rather watch 1080p content 1:1 without scaling or black bars all around.

Not saying this is a bad display...I just never really understood the point of this "beyond HD" nonsense...Especially on a display this small.

well not everyone just uses their monitor for watching video. theres also gaming, and simple usable screen space when multitasking to consider.

Ordered one because I'm. An Acer fanboy and love my P243waid and want to add another one to my collection.

Great price, looks like a decent monitor for the specs/price, but "2048x1152"? That's a pretty wonky res.

I also have the Samsung 2343bwx running this res I love it it's awesome ;) Everything is incredibly sharp, looks amazing, and the extra space is great. 2 Full size 1024 pages side by side, or shorten them down and have a 2 lane sidebar completely visable at all times, etc.

As far as movies and games everything I've tried takes up the full screen and looks fantastic.

ShiShKaBoB that's awesome :D, I've been tinkering at the idea of doing this recently also :D

Last edited:
dangit shiskabob, I was so happy with my 260. Now I want Eyefinity. However the ole lady won't even let me buy 1 monitor, let alone 3. But that resolution does look pretty sporty to me.

Does anyone know if these have a glossy or matte screen? My dad got a couple Dell 23s with this res and a built in webcam for $209 recently but he says the glossy screen is a problem in one room, so if these are matte they'd be a nice alternative.

2048x1152 is king in my book, once you use you you'll love it not much different than 1080p but the extra bit makes using duel side by side browsers perfect where its a bit cramped on 1080P.

the boost in res is definitely preferred. These panels look very nice regardless of them being TN.

Does anyone know if these have a glossy or matte screen? My dad got a couple Dell 23s with this res and a built in webcam for $209 recently but he says the glossy screen is a problem in one room, so if these are matte they'd be a nice alternative.

They're the same panel... It is Matte, NOT Glossy.

I have the Dell version and have no idea what the heck your dad is talking about.

They're the same panel... It is Matte, NOT Glossy.

I have the Dell version and have no idea what the heck your dad is talking about.

Heh, well I can't say I've seen em myself, just going on what he told me. He has plenty of other LCDs so I figured he'd know the difference between matte and glossy. He may just be going crazy though...At least that's what I plan on telling him.

2048x1152 in 23"? I bet the picture is extremely sharp. I love my 23" at 1920x1080....can't imagine how nice an even higher resolution would be. Might have to check this one out.

2048x1152 in 23"? I bet the picture is extremely sharp. I love my 23" at 1920x1080....can't imagine how nice an even higher resolution would be. Might have to check this one out.

Better dot pitch than any other screen out there.

Sounds like it. Of course Newegg has the pixel pitch listed the same as the 1920x1080 panels (figures).

$199 for the size/resolution + height adjustment = awesome.

To this day the 15" UXGA screen on my inspiron 8200 is one of my favorites, didn't ghost in games even with a supposed 25ms response time.

One of the nice things about the 2048x1152 resolution is you'll find the bezels to be some of the smallest on the market ATM which makes for a pretty good Eyefinity experience. I have 3 of the 2343BWX's and have the center slightly behind the left and right for a very thin bezel effect.. you can't tell the difference either, it looks real good. I came from a 28" HannsG and the bezels on that are monstrous. Some pictures; I picked up my 2343BWX's for $187 shipped from TD after BCB, The stands on these Acers a much better, but I have no problems with the Samsungs.

eyefinity1.jpg

Damn that looks hot. :eek:

Awesome setup ShiShKaBoB! Having 2 of those same monitors side by side I can really appreciate just how HUGELY wide that setup is and how immersive it must be.

To the 2048x1152 haters, there is more to a monitor than just playing back movies. You can use the extra resolution in programs (great for things like Photoshop), as well as side by side windows (works great with Aero snap), and of course games.

The picture is incredibly sharp, but not hard to read for me at all.

eyefinity1.jpg

Is there a in game setting of 6144x1152 when using these monitors Eyefinity?

Thanks, for the comps, yeah every game i've played on them (Batman AA, HAWX, NFS Shift) all have 6144x1152 in the graphics options, pretty sure its the ATI drivers managing the game settings... FYI this monitor looks fuzzy at 1920x1080, definitely recommend the full native res.

The flying game is HAWX.

[/IMG]

Thanks for your input. I have a 28" Hanns-G model myself. Would you have a comparison picture of your 28" Hanns-G with your current Acer 2343BWX? :)

Back