Acer 23" 2048x1152 = $199 + free shipping HOT

No, but I suppose I could take one. If I have time tomorrow I'll post back, busy editing an eyefinity NFSShift video atm. The screens I have are Samsung2342BWX's, but it appears that these Acer's use the same panel.

EDIT:: Here is a video of NFS Shift at 6144x1152.. it should be in HD, youtube is still processing it so right now it looks like crap, it was 127MB file upload so it might be awhile before the "HD" comes through.

Last edited:
GUYZ!!

DA best thin bout this monitor is that YOU DON'T NEED AA
NO ANTIALIASING!!!!!!!!!!

The dot pitch is so small, that you WONT SEE JAGGIES compared to 1920x1200 @ 24"

w0rd.

Pretty badass. Though the depth of field looks kind of extreme, the wheel looks like it's about 2 feet in front of the character.

This is a bit off topic, but is there any way to watch a YouTube video in native 720p? In a browser window its only 960x505 and full screen is larger than that. Is there a setting or button I am not seeing?

GUYZ!!

The dot pitch is so small, that you WONT SEE JAGGIES compared to 1920x1200 @ 24"

w0rd.

Why do you keep doing this? It is really annoying even if the information is accurate....

bah i am le tired of the IPS crew. gotta poop on every single TN thread. i have 2 TN panels and i LOVE them. i would not pay double or more to get rid of backlight bleed thats only visible on the black boot screen. i would not pay double or more to be able to play games while sitting 70 degrees off center. etc... i couldnt be happier with my monitors and i didnt have to pay an outrageous amount of money or be a snobbish iphone/prius/IPS panel owner to do it. bam.

EDIT: lol, ryken. thanks. i think you said it much better than i did. :D

well not everyone just uses their monitor for watching video. theres also gaming, and simple usable screen space when multitasking to consider.

It's not a matter of being 70 degrees off axis, even straight-on you have discoloration top/bottom, left/right on the screen for a TN, let alone the poor color palletes and dithering.

GUYZ!!

w0rd.

Doubtful, it's not any smaller than my netbook's 1366x768 11.6" screen in dot pitch, and I can see aliasing in games VERY easily on it still.

Doubtful, it's not any smaller than my netbook's 1366x768 11.6" screen in dot pitch, and I can see aliasing in games VERY easily on it still.

Yes, you can still see aliasing. It just is not as easily seen and it does sharpen up the picture in comparison to a lot of the 1920x1080/1200 displays out there.

Codes not working now???? F$%^^$ i had it in my cart and was buying anyone know if it will come back?

I understand the point, but I guess I'd rather watch 1080p content 1:1 without scaling or black bars all around.

Not saying this is a bad display...I just never really understood the point of this "beyond HD" nonsense...Especially on a display this small.

Yea, I hate progress too. :rolleyes:

Give me a big monitor with a nice low pixel density!

anyone know how this Acer monitor stacks up with the Dell SP2309W?

I'm fairly certain it's the same actual panel. The backlight may be different... But the panel itself is most likely identical. Likewise with the samsung 2343bwx.

Yea, I hate progress too. :rolleyes:

Give me a big monitor with a nice low pixel density!

:shrug: A nice small monitor with high pixel density can be just as annoying in the wrong situation, either way nice deal and that eyefinity with 3 of these looks amazing. I still <3 my Hanns G 28" though, best Black Friday purchase in a while.

is it just me or can i not find this on newegg?

the link works, but i cant search for it in the newegg site :|

How is this resolution for 1080p Xbox 360 gaming? Will 1080p content scale well to the higher resolution?

Back