ACER 22" Widescreen LCD $260 at CC AR/Coupon

icamp31

Weaksauce
Here it is ACER 22

This was on awhile back for 299 after a $40 coupon now use the coupon and $50 rebate to get it for $259.99

I came so close to buying this a week ago I'm glad I waited

Anyone who bought it whats your opinion of it?? and how is it for gaming?

I checked one out in the store with the intent to buy it, but I was dissuaded by the lack of inputs and movements for the screen. I read a review somewhere around that time, and it said it performed perfectly well, especially considering the cost.

I bought one of these. It sits rather low, but other than that, a DAMN GOOD monitor. My buddy bought the BenQ one, which looks identical in picture quality, except for the extra 150 he spent, he got an HDMI Jack.

This TN Panel is sweet. The first one I bought had a green (stuck) pixel. Tried running DPT Exerciser for 4 days, never cleared. Took it back to Circuit city, they grabbed another from stock. The "geek squad" style techs they had there came to the pickup window and asked if I wanted to test it on a rig before I left the store for any negative impacts, such as backlight issues or stuck/dead pixels.

This monitor and company selling it has my vote. Mine was purchased on a Day after Thanksgiving sale, and the deal I got was $279. Def. a good deal here.

Again, the only cons is that it only tilts, and does not swivel or elevate.

i would say go for this monitor.. TN panels are very popular for gamers.. there is no ghosting you will notice... the monitor will be bright and clear.. the only gripe i have about TN panels is if you move your head a little to teh left or right you will see color shift... but you wont notice it only if you are looking out for it....

I have a 19" regular LCD for gaming now and it's great, I just have been considering going to the next level with a large widescreen LCD. I did read that the Acer has no height adjustment which I dont like because I'm tall and sit high I like my monitor to be raised up. I was looking at the Samsung 22" it is $349 basically same specs but has a more robust and feature packed stand. Someone please explain to me about HDMI and it's purpose as I'm not familar with that

Miami_Fly_Guy said:
I'm not too familiar with it myself but I found this on Wikipedia for ya. I think it's gonna become a new standard or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

thanks for the link!

So if I understand what I read, HDMI really is only for if you want to watch something high def on your PC like a blu ray DVD or such but for gaming it would serve me no purpose?

DSC00414.jpg

fatlazyhomer said:
sorry to hassle you, but anyway u could grab some pics of the 360 in action on the monitor?

i am thinking about getting one and i would be using it for 360 a lot (with the VGA cables)

My digicam's res is too low (2mb). And I cant figure out a way to shoot at max without flash. But Ive played plenty of gears of war on it, and it is fantastic!

nice pic very bright and clear :) and right away from the pic i can tell that is a TN panel my friends vx922 does the same effect if you head is too high looking at teh screen... the effect where the grey is darker at top end lighter towards the bottom.. but you dont notice that in gaming!

I got myself one also, but my 40 off was rejected :( but its still cheaper then getting 1 from newegg...
so source shots(with out flash so kinda blury)

screen1.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen2.jpg

I want to get a new monitor, but I want to be able to do some image editing on it. Gaming isn't as important to me. I've heard that TN panels don't have good color output. Any truth to that? What about this perticular monitor?

thx for the coupons guys, got the last one in sacramento, laguna

mine is HDCP labeled also

Looks good. I would get it, except that I am not very happy with my current Acer LCD.

I went out 2 days ago and purchased the monitor...they accepted my printed copy of a coupon for $40 plus I get the $50 mail in rebate so that makes this monitor cost me like $284 after taxes.

I really like this monitor it beat the hell out of my 19" samsung, gaming is great no issues at all

I picked up one too =)

haven't hooked it up yet though.

I just went to exchange my 22" Acer widescreen due to a stuck pixel and well...

There was a price drop to $299.00, so they adjusted my purchase price accordingly, then added back in my $40 coupon then I get the $50 rebate because I still have the original receipt from last week so after all is said and done I get this LCD for $210 one of my best deals ever I think

icamp31 said:
I just went to exchange my 22" Acer widescreen due to a stuck pixel and well...

There was a price drop to $299.00, so they adjusted my purchase price accordingly, then added back in my $40 coupon then I get the $50 rebate because I still have the original receipt from last week so after all is said and done I get this LCD for $210 one of my best deals ever I think

where do you guys get this $40off coupon?

The Acer AL2216WBD 22" LCD is at Circuit City's web site as in-store purchase only for $299 - $20 MIR. I figure the rebate will cancel out the tax. Rebate expires today. If anyone has any insight on this, is there a good chance I will see better deals in the next couple weeks for 22" LCD's, or should I just go ahead and call Circuit City tonight and purchase it, and pick it up next time I am in town?

adsmith82 said:
The Acer AL2216WBD 22" LCD is at Circuit City's web site as in-store purchase only for $299 - $20 MIR. I figure the rebate will cancel out the tax. Rebate expires today. If anyone has any insight on this, is there a good chance I will see better deals in the next couple weeks for 22" LCD's, or should I just go ahead and call Circuit City tonight and purchase it, and pick it up next time I am in town?
When will you be able to pick it up? The 22" LCDs seem to be staying at $300 so I don't think you'll get a better deal in the next couple of weeks. I say purchase it tonight.

Back