Acer 120Hz 23.6" 1920x1080 LCD... but it's orange!

Shipping & Handling: $12.99
Shipping Insurance: $13.77
Environmental Fee: $9.00
SUBTOTAL: $485.75
7% PST - BC residents $34.00
GST(5%) $24.29
TOTAL: $544.04

:( i hate tax/fees, with a passion,

Also if anyone has not made a semi in depth thread about it by the time it arrives, I'll make one. I'm quite a hardcore gaming( playing years of CS 1.6 competitively) i quit playing 1.6 a year back and picked up a 3007 for photo editing /...gaming... lol, but it's just the worst for input lag and tearing, so I'll be picky, because i want to start playing competitively again (BF:BC2) maybe get some unboxing pictures because those are always fun! i'll do some tests between my crt and the Acer GD235HZ

Last edited:
Also if anyone has not made a semi in depth thread about it by the time it arrives, I'll make one. I'm quite a hardcore gaming( playing years of CS 1.6 competitively) i quit playing 1.6 a year back and picked up a 3007 for photo editing /...gaming... lol, but it's just the worst for input lag and tearing, so I'll be picky, because i want to start playing competitively again (BF:BC2) maybe get some unboxing pictures because those are always fun! i'll do some tests between my crt and the Acer GD235HZ

Please do. I'm interested in it as well.

Yea especially feedback on input lag and maybe also amount backlight bleed would be interesting as that's not covered well in digitalversus' review. At least ghosting won't be a problem at all on this display being faster than both 2233rz and VX2268wm which already got twice as low amount ghosting as fastest 60Hz displays. Colors looks to be great as well but I'm always interested in if you can manually adjust the RGB settings in the menu or not.

i'll be using my Hueypro to somewhat adjust the colors so we'll see how it turns out

Nice one onzzz, when will you be getting yours? I think i should get mine this week. I dont have a calibrator (anymore) so it will be nice to see what the best colors are from you. When ill get it ill make a review also anyways! More the merrier :). I dont really have any reviewing skills so you guys write down what you want to know and ill post it. Im running Win 7 now on a old P4 single core 2,8 ghz and a gig of ram with a 7600gt agp. So i hope i can fully use the monitor as it sposed to be used.

Nice one onzzz, when will you be getting yours? I think i should get mine this week. I dont have a calibrator (anymore) so it will be nice to see what the best colors are from you. When ill get it ill make a review also anyways! More the merrier :). I dont really have any reviewing skills so you guys write down what you want to know and ill post it. Im running Win 7 now on a old P4 single core 2,8 ghz and a gig of ram with a 7600gt agp. So i hope i can fully use the monitor as it sposed to be used.
and its safe to assume that wont be used for modern gaming. :p

I'm really interested in seeing how it performs with Nvidia's 3D Vision, and whether or not it solves the "ghosting" problem experienced with the Samsung and Viewsonic displays. If it does this will be my next purchase.

Whenever we see a US release. :(

What's the difference between GD245HQ and GD235HZ ?
Both are 120Hz, right?

nice... wish they were larger than 24" though :\ If someone makes a 28"+ 120hz lcd, I'll buy it on release day :)

I'm keepin my eye on ncixus, they ship out of the town I live in. If they put it up for $400 bucks or less, I don't think I'll have any choice but to pull the trigger.

I just got word back from the company i ordered the Acer at. They will be getting it Friday and transporting it the same day. So i hope i have it this week!

I just got word back from the company i ordered the Acer at. They will be getting it Friday and transporting it the same day. So i hope i have it this week!

Darn, Hope my dell ships this week... when I log in they have:

Estimated Shipping date : Friday 22nd
Estimated Delivery date: Friday 22nd....

yeah right haha.

It's my understanding that the GD235HZ is supposedly the same as the GD245HQ? One is the North American version, right? Is the GD235HZ the model that US residents would get? I ask because a Google Products search for GD245HQ still doesn't turn up any results, but tonight I was able to find this: http://www.google.com/products?q=gd235hz&hl=en&aq=f

Darn, Hope my dell ships this week... when I log in they have:

Estimated Shipping date : Friday 22nd
Estimated Delivery date: Friday 22nd....

yeah right haha.

It's weird - Dell says shipping within 24 hours on the AW2310 product page, but it seems like this monitor has actually been backordered for the last few days...

I've had several 16:10 LCD's and I purchased my first 16:9 recently, and I actually prefer it over the 16:10 now.

BTW the orange paint is horrible looking LOL

"If you provide us with only cellphone numbers and an email address from a
free email service provider (hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc), then just like a
store, we will need to see the credit card and signature on the back before
you leave with our goods. To do so, we'll ask you to submit front and back
images of the card (snaps from your cellphone or digital camera are just
fine, and preferred.) We will email instructions for securely sending us
these images, should we require them."

Ahahaha, because I only use a cellphone and gmail, means I have to snap pictures of my credit card for them... ROFL. Since the dawn of buying goods on the internet, I've never had to do this and I'm not going to start now. What a stupid company. I will gladly take my business elsewhere.

It should be good enough if the shipping address matches the billing address. Newegg doesnt seem to have a problem.

"If you provide us with only cellphone numbers and an email address from a
free email service provider (hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc), then just like a
store, we will need to see the credit card and signature on the back before
you leave with our goods. To do so, we'll ask you to submit front and back
images of the card (snaps from your cellphone or digital camera are just
fine, and preferred.) We will email instructions for securely sending us
these images, should we require them."

Ahahaha, because I only use a cellphone and gmail, means I have to snap pictures of my credit card for them... ROFL. Since the dawn of buying goods on the internet, I've never had to do this and I'm not going to start now. What a stupid company. I will gladly take my business elsewhere.
wow that is stupid as hell. I would would just give them the phone number on the back of the card and tell them to call my bank.

They ended up calling me at work to verify my shipping address... and then waived the credit card scans after I complained.

All resolved now :)

Credit card scan has fraud written all over it.

It is a bit weird, but they have a great reseller ratings report. I gave them a registered domain email and they were fine with it. Customer service has been very quick and up front so far.

But as with anything on the Internet.. we shall see. :)

Well i just got this from NCIX

Hello Jesse,
I have looked into your order and found that unfortunately the item you have ordered (SKU#49306 Acer GD235HZ Bid 23.6IN 3D Ready Widescreen LCD Monitor 1920X1080 80000:1DC 2MS VGA DVI HDMI HDCP ) has been unexpectedly discontinued by our supplier. I can either put in a request to change the item in your order with something else that you would like on our website, or I can put in a request to remove the item from the order and you will receive a full refund for the discontinued item. Please let me know what course of action you would like to take. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you.
Thanks,

not sure if he knows that it hasn't been released yet.. or what.. but i'll try emailing directcanada..

NCIX has told me once before that something I had pre-ordered had been "discontinued"... I was able to purchase somewhere else lol. They have a weird definition of discontinued.

Can someone tell me if this will work with the ati 5870? I had the view sonic last week and took it back because I couldn't get it to work with the ATI drivers even if I oced my card. Or should i just sell my 5870 to my friend so he can crossfire x3 and i will get a Fermi :p.... Seriously does anyone have this working or know if ati is gonna fix the driver issue?

Can someone tell me if this will work with the ati 5870? I had the view sonic last week and took it back because I couldn't get it to work with the ATI drivers even if I oced my card. Or should i just sell my 5870 to my friend so he can crossfire x3 and i will get a Fermi :p.... Seriously does anyone have this working or know if ati is gonna fix the driver issue?

Did you just OC your card, or did you OC the idle clocks which should fix the 120Hz issue? (you need 3rd party software for that)

This isnt monitor dependant, but ATI's technical fault, idle clocks are too low to support 120Hz on 2D, but 3D should be fine as it is.

Did you just OC your card, or did you OC the idle clocks which should fix the 120Hz issue? (you need 3rd party software for that)

This isnt monitor dependant, but ATI's technical fault, idle clocks are too low to support 120Hz on 2D, but 3D should be fine as it is.

Shouldn't the idle clocks just bump up a notch in the same way that they do when you run multiple displays? Heck even bumping my 1680x1050 display up to 75 Hz causes that.

Shouldn't the idle clocks just bump up a notch in the same way that they do when you run multiple displays? Heck even bumping my 1680x1050 display up to 75 Hz causes that.

Yes, but not enough for 120Hz use apparently, atleast until ATI decides to fix this someway.

Back