Accused Mass Shooter Says He Was Possessed By Uber App

HardOCP News

[H] News
That Uber driver that went on a killing spree is actually claiming he was possessed by the Uber app and that the "iPhone can take you over." Seems legit.

Moorian said Dalton recalled to him and McGehee that the Uber app "literally took over his mind and body" on Feb. 20 when the color of the app's symbol changed from red to black. Dalton told the detectives the app symbol changed colors when he spoke the name of the Eastern Star symbol.

He forgot his tin foil hat! Amateur!

I saw this yesterday and literally facepalmed.

Good excuse.

The Uber app made me eat the last of the cereal and not throw the box away. It's evil!

Explanations for that crazy story:

1. He is making it all up in order to try get off due to the fact that he is insane
2. He has serious mental health issues / hallucinations
3. He was under the influence of a hallucinogen
4. He was possessed by demon(s)

1. He is making it all up in order to try get off due to the fact that he is insane

Well put. It's one of these!

All of the above ?

Wait a second. You forgot one:
5. He was brainwashed by some group to assassinate someone(s) when triggered and is actually telling the truth.

Insanity Defense wouldn't do much here, many states insanity plea only works given the qualifier that the person could not understand the crime in this case it would not work, being in control or not in control doesn't matter. Not guilty because of insanity is extremely rare, even guilty with consideration of insanity is rare. Although I don't know if Michigan even accepts an insanity defense.

Insanity Defense wouldn't do much here, many states insanity plea only works given the qualifier that the person could not understand the crime in this case it would not work, being in control or not in control doesn't matter. Not guilty because of insanity is extremely rare, even guilty with consideration of insanity is rare. Although I don't know if Michigan even accepts an insanity defense.
Last I heard they do, they have a leather workshop in the northern peninsula where they stick all the crazies to make wallets and stuff.

I could be wrong, but even if they "win" the trial by reason of insanity once deemed competent through treatment have to face trial again or serve out the sentence in prison.

XEWv3BF.jpg

Tried to use Insanity Defense, did not win, sentenced to life plus 3,318 years in prison (whoa, I totally got it wrong saying he'd been sentenced to death, my bad)

Jared_Loughner_sheriff's_office.jpg

Complicated case in Arizona, a state that doesn't allow insanity defense. Pleaded guilty to federal charges to avoid death penalty, sentenced to 7 life terms plus 140 years, state could have prosecuted but chose not to; the Wikipedia article should be read for full details.

Last edited:
We all know what this means. Every time we drive through a neighborhood with a political rally, movie theaters or uber drivers, we have to make sure to keep our car doors locked. Crazy white folk will shoot you all down.

I wonder what cooperate crony paid him to say that. There are a LOT of Taxi companies who want Uber dead.

We all know what this means. Every time we drive through a neighborhood with a political rally, movie theaters or uber drivers, we have to make sure to keep our car doors locked. Crazy white folk will shoot you all down.

locked doors in your car will stop bullets? what make and model of car do you have?

Really no worse than claiming demons took over or gawd told you to.

Back