Accountants Threw a DOOM Themed Office Party

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
DualShockers spotted a video (which presumably shot up Youtube's popularity rankings through an earlier /r/gaming post) of LPL Financial throwing a DOOM themed Halloween office party. Whoever these "accountants" are, they're clearly psyched up for the upcoming release of DOOM Eternal. We haven't heard much about the next big DOOM release this year, but Bethesda did show off some gameplay at QuakeCon last year.

Check out the video here.

I bet you some office know-it-all cried out "Can someone turn the lights back on, I can't see my keyboard to do some work here!" Would an office really be an office without at least one of these types of people... Whoever organized this Doomed office had to be a fan of the game given how precise they are with the supplies that are scattered around - even adding in a Medikit, ammo, and other items in the hall for effect. Apparently, this specific company does this on each floor of the building with a different theme every year.

For it to be a party, doesn't there need to be more than one person? I feel they should be in a corner huddled, rocking back and forth crying that no one came...

When I worked at RealNetworks they took Halloween very seriously. Every floor was given a budget to decorate and every floor had a committee that you could volunteer for that decided on their own theme. When I started in 2008 one of the floors had a Tokyo disaster theme. They had a conference room filled with boxes decorated like skyscrapers so that any kids that attended could knock them down like Godzilla. Some of the people on that floor dressed like Titanosaurus, King Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, and of course Godzilla. Other people dressed up as buildings and when a monster and a building were in the same area they would get into a fight. They had a mad scientist lab, complete with dry ice, where you could get mixed drinks. The full height cubicles were turned into buildings and the aisles had white tape put down like roads wherever there was black carpet. Some people wore t-shirts that said "innocent bystander" and would occasionally flip out in the most dramatic manner if you walked by.

Work would buy beer and put it in the the refrigerated buffet tables. If you felt that you were too drunk to drive you could expense a cab ride home.

The main conference room was turned into a dead musician nightclub with several alters with candles and posters honoring the dead. It also had hard alcohol in lemonade and Hawaiian punch dispensers. One was red and called a "Blood Slushy and the other was blue and was called a "Zombie Blood Slushy." They had a full karaoke setup complete with lights.

Downstairs was a themed like a dysfunctional superhero group. They had beer pong and shots.

Other floors were themed as Deadwood (cubicles set up as saloons and stores), pirates (one short row of cubicles was turned into a pirate ship complete with mast and bow due to inconveniently placed round pillars), and one as a kid friendly Halloween hospital. Every floor had posters on the walls a few weeks in advance to promote what they were going to do.

Needless to say no work got done that day.

DSC_0158.JPG

I've worked at a few places like this. MS release parties were always fun. Not quite as fun as Halloween or Oktoberfest parties at one place I worked though. We had senior leads having a keg stand competition for one. :D I used to have a full dry-bar on my window-sill there for years until they hired someone that was under 21. Then we had to put all the alcohol away. It was a big software/hardware testing house, so equal parts nerdery and debauchery. :D

i will however say
When I worked at RealNetworks they took Halloween very seriously. Every floor was given a budget to decorate and every floor had a committee that you could volunteer for that decided on their own theme. When I started in 2008 one of the floors had a Tokyo disaster theme. They had a conference room filled with boxes decorated like skyscrapers so that any kids that attended could knock them down like Godzilla. Some of the people on that floor dressed like Titanosaurus, King Ghidorah, Mechagodzilla, and of course Godzilla. Other people dressed up as buildings and when a monster and a building were in the same area they would get into a fight. They had a mad scientist lab, complete with dry ice, where you could get mixed drinks. The full height cubicles were turned into buildings and the aisles had white tape put down like roads wherever there was black carpet. Some people wore t-shirts that said "innocent bystander" and would occasionally flip out in the most dramatic manner if you walked by.

Work would buy beer and put it in the the refrigerated buffet tables. If you felt that you were too drunk to drive you could expense a cab ride home.

The main conference room was turned into a dead musician nightclub with several alters with candles and posters honoring the dead. It also had hard alcohol in lemonade and Hawaiian punch dispensers. One was red and called a "Blood Slushy and the other was blue and was called a "Zombie Blood Slushy." They had a full karaoke setup complete with lights.

Downstairs was a themed like a dysfunctional superhero group. They had beer pong and shots.

Other floors were themed as Deadwood (cubicles set up as saloons and stores), pirates (one short row of cubicles was turned into a pirate ship complete with mast and bow due to inconveniently placed round pillars), and one as a kid friendly Halloween hospital. Every floor had posters on the walls a few weeks in advance to promote what they were going to do.

Needless to say no work got done that day.

View attachment 145203

i miss working for companies that did cool stuff like that.

Funny, I was expecting something more along the lines of:

I imagine this is what a [H] party would look like. Party of one, with 50 people watching the Twitch stream.

I worked somewhere and we had the exact same thing happen. The accountants all came in saying "we're DOOMed". I thought they meant something else, but now I know different.

Back