Accidentally deleted some files...

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
I accidentally deleted some files off of a hard drive, is there any way to get them back? Thing is, the HDD is shared as network storage, I deleted them from another computer, so they didn't go to the recycle bin...

...is there any way at all to get them back? The files were replaceable save for three movies I made in Film class (but they were crap so meh...), I just dont want to go through the effort of reripping all my music and movies again, ya know?

Did you write anything into the drive after that? If not then you can probably get them back once you go to the computer with HD and use R-studio.

Hypernova nailed the "Golden Rule" of data recovery right on the head:

Stop using the drive/partition in question with the deleted files immediately for any and all purposes.

If it's a NAS drive, and if someone else wrote data to that drive after your accidental deletion, you could possibly lose it all. The only way to know for certain is, again as already noted, use something like R-Studio on the drive/partition after removing it from active use, which should be done like, right freakin' now if it hasn't already and going from there.

Good luck...

gah, i already put stuff on there :(

besides it was being accessed at the time because bittorrent was leaching something off of there (which is why a freshly downloaded 7gb file wasn't deleted)

meh...thanks for the help anyways guys

Back