Accidental Tweet of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Sure, we've all accidentally tweeted something but I think this is the first time a country accidentally tweeted about a missile launch. :eek:

Officials in the Japanese city of Yokohama have been left red-faced after mistakenly announcing the launch of a North Korean missile to 40,000 followers on Twitter. The city, south of Tokyo, prematurely fired its tweet just before noon (local time), announcing "North Korea has launched a missile" with blank spaces to indicate the exact time.

Wonder if they have one prepared for the size of the crater where Pyongyang used to be (if NK does launch one) ;)

:D

83189973.jpg

Tweet - At 12:56 PM today N Korea launched a missile.

Tweet - At 12:57 PM today the missile N Korea launched, struck their main city.

Wonder if they have one prepared for the size of the crater where Pyongyang used to be (if NK does launch one) ;)

Forgive my pedantic tone but nuclear weapons detonated above ground are designed to explode a certain hundred feet above the target to maximize damage. A kinetic based detonation or "crater" would dissipate too much of the destructive power.

Problem with NK is we do not know where all of their nuclear and non-nuclear weapons are. All they would have to do to really destabilize the region is detonate one nuke south of them to start an arms race. China also supporting them is another problem. They do not want us to increase our influence and a unified Korea would be a great for the US, not so much for China. If China stops supporting this dictator NK will implode but unfortunately innocent people will die from famine.

Forgive my pedantic tone but nuclear weapons detonated above ground are designed to explode a certain hundred feet above the target to maximize damage. A kinetic based detonation or "crater" would dissipate too much of the destructive power.

Problem with NK is we do not know where all of their nuclear and non-nuclear weapons are. All they would have to do to really destabilize the region is detonate one nuke south of them to start an arms race. China also supporting them is another problem. They do not want us to increase our influence and a unified Korea would be a great for the US, not so much for China. If China stops supporting this dictator NK will implode but unfortunately innocent people will die from famine.

There is the one downside to bombing NK back to the stone age ... they might not notice the difference :cool: ... if NK does any more than rhetoric I don't think China would defend them if they attack the south, the USA, or Japan ... who knows, China might just decide enough is enough and make them a province of China (by force) ;)

I don't think I've ever accidentally tweeted anything. Especially not anything important like this.

This whole NK thing has been rather ironic. The media keeps going on about them, but we all know it's really about China. NK themselves, don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of surviving by themselves.

who knows, China might just decide enough is enough and make them a province of China (by force) ;)

That would be preferable that to continue the status quo. The poor people of NK are either barely surviving or starving to death while the government spends its aid on weapons. How does a county posses nuclear weapons while people literally starve is inexcusable.

There is the one downside to bombing NK back to the stone age ... they might not notice the difference :cool: ... if NK does any more than rhetoric I don't think China would defend them if they attack the south, the USA, or Japan ... who knows, China might just decide enough is enough and make them a province of China (by force) ;)

I'm sure we can negotiate with China - if the DPRK starts a war, we'd ask China to stay out and Japan, South Korea and the US (and probably the UN) will engage them - then when it's over, we hand over DPRK to China.

At least that's what I think we should do to keep the peace in the long run. China wants money, not war.

This whole NK thing has been rather ironic. The media keeps going on about them, but we all know it's really about China. NK themselves, don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of surviving by themselves.

This is true. Ultimately NK is used by China to keep control of the region. China would rather have NK starve its people then have the US have anymore influence. Despicable really.

That would be preferable that to continue the status quo. The poor people of NK are either barely surviving or starving to death while the government spends its aid on weapons. How does a county posses nuclear weapons while people literally starve is inexcusable.

It happens to people in rural and small town America and Paris all the time too, but the US and France have nuclear weapons.

Let them eat yellow cake.

Mmmmm ... yellow cake ... delicious and it helps you grow that third arm or extra eye you have always wanted ... and you glow in the dark so you don't need batteries for flashlights anymore :cool:

announcing "North Korea has launched a missile"

And the response went against any survival instinct that should be present in a rational thinking being... however we have the human race.... as a result people got out their phones, and started recording the sky to post on youtube later.

It happens to people in rural and small town America and Paris all the time too, but the US and France have nuclear weapons.

Really? The amount of government assistance that flows into the small town I grew up in is staggering. Let me tell you also, almost no one in that town was starving. In fact, more people were obese and had diabetes and heart disease from the cheap garbage food they were buying by the dump-truck load on their EBT cards.

Trying to equate the poorest of people in poverty in the US to the average standard of living in NK is completely dishonest.

And the response went against any survival instinct that should be present in a rational thinking being... however we have the human race.... as a result people got out their phones, and started recording the sky to post on youtube later.

in-case-of-fire-exit-building-before-tweeting-about-it.jpg

Japan accidently WWIII....:eek:

lol I can totally see it happen, WWIII due to an accidental tweet. That would definitely go down in the history books.

I always wondered how accidental tweets happen, it seems to actually be common. Then again I don't go on it much.

Who would have thought World War 3 would be started by Twitter?

Next up, the Zombie Apocalypse, sponsored by Facebook.

[Tripod]MajorPayne;1039785462 said:
Really? The amount of government assistance that flows into the small town I grew up in is staggering. Let me tell you also, almost no one in that town was starving. In fact, more people were obese and had diabetes and heart disease from the cheap garbage food they were buying by the dump-truck load on their EBT cards.

Yet, I still see starving vet's begging for change at the corner. Why can't we help these guys instead of the Escalade driving family of 8 loading up on Cocoa Puffs, steak, lobster and 24 packs of Coke using an EBT card? I've seen a lot of both crowds. Mostly the entitled people grabbing Snickers by the handful. I'd wager that a 65 year old vet that lives under Morrison bridge would be a lot more selective with his food via EBT. I guess it could go either way - those that work the system vs. those that NEED the assistance temporarily. They seem to be more humble and intelligent.

I think that NK isn't stupid. They won't do anything. They have all the guns pointed at them, and it's really iffy if China would really back them in a war. They won't fire the first shot, they are just teasing the dogs on a leash. Sooner or later, though, they'll get too close and the dog will get a chunk.

Mmmmm ... yellow cake ... delicious and it helps you grow that third arm or extra eye you have always wanted ... and you glow in the dark so you don't need batteries for flashlights anymore :cool:

Would go in one end and out the other.

lol I can totally see it happen, WWIII due to an accidental tweet. That would definitely go down in the history books.

I always wondered how accidental tweets happen, it seems to actually be common. Then again I don't go on it much.

How accidental tweets happen like the one in this case? Probably to save time in the case of an actual emergency, some person in an office building responsible for PR somewhere decided to pre-write a statement/draft. The save draft button is probably 0.2mm from the send button...fat fingers//weird touchscreen interpretation//not paying attention about where that person was pressing. Poof. Tweeted instead of saved as a draft? Hence the blank spot for time...?

Back