Accessing Setup Menu Toshiba HD-A30

[Spectre]

[H] Admin
Staff member
Ok dumb question time....anyone know how to access the Setup menu on the HD-A30? When I turned it on the menu never showed although the display said it was displaying the menu....after a while it just skipped to ready. This was over component using the optical audio out. The unit auto detects my settings mostly correct but the audio needs to be adjusted. Thanks for any help guys.

no idea, but I bet its int he manual. and in case you don't have one, they are usually on the manufacturers web page in PDf form.

no idea, but I bet its int he manual. and in case you don't have one, they are usually on the manufacturers web page in PDf form.

Nah its not in the manual. Says it will walk you through it the first time but not how to access it again.

Well if it's like my A3 (And I believe they both use the same remote), just press the SETUP button after turning the unit on or any time a disc is not playing. If you're watching a movie, you'll have to stop playback first, then enter the setup menu.

Hope that helps :)

Well if it's like my A3 (And I believe they both use the same remote), just press the SETUP button after turning the unit on or any time a disc is not playing. If you're watching a movie, you'll have to stop playback first, then enter the setup menu.

Hope that helps :)

Yeah I had tried the setup but it never brought up the menu :(

I know my A3 takes a few moments from power-on till the time it's fully initialized and ready to go. I can't do anything with the unit during that period.
Afterwards though, I don't have any problems accessing the setup menu.

Assuming that the player otherwise works fine (you are getting video and can watch a movie) you should be able to access the menu when the player is idle by pressing setup. Stop the movie completely, try taking the disc out even, and give it a shot.

Assuming that the player otherwise works fine (you are getting video and can watch a movie) you should be able to access the menu when the player is idle by pressing setup. Stop the movie completely, try taking the disc out even, and give it a shot.

Whoops forgot to update this. Yeah none of those worked. Eventually I swapped to just component out and dropped the audio connector and I could access the menu. Plugged audio back in and I can't again.....but I got the issues setup so I shouldn't need to change anything for a while.

Back