“Access Denied” on Hyper-V in workgroup setup after fresh Win 10 install

rpeters83

Gawd
I'm attempting to connect to a Win 2012 R2 Hyper-V server on a home network in a WORKGROUP setup using the Hyper-V Manager on my Windows 10 Pro laptop. All machines are local to the network. I had to do a reinstall of the OS on my Windows 10 Pro laptop and this is when the issue started.

Previously, I was able to connect just fine. I had:
  • Added the host as a trusted host on my laptop using Set-Item WSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value 'HOST1'
  • I went into DCOMCNFG to allow remote access for anonymous login.
  • Disabled all firewalls
  • Set the local admin password for the host under Network Passwords on my laptop
Nothing changed on the server, and I have two other Windows 10 machines on the same network that are able to connect to the server just fine using Hyper-V Manager.

The only difference here is this is a fresh install of Windows 10, and I understand some things changed in the Fall Creators Update, but I don't know what. I'm following the same steps, but when I try to connect to the server using Hyper-V Manager I get:

Access Denied. Unable to establish communication between 'HOST1' and 'LANNISTER'

HOST1 is the server, LANNISTER is my laptop.

Weird thing is, I can access the Virtual Switch Manager and view the switches on the server, but can't create a VM nor view the VMs.

What else would I need to configure?

Back