Accelero S1 Rev2 /w single 92mm

cornelious0_0

[H]F Junkie
I know there are going to be a lot of people coming at me telling me to use a pair of 92mm's or a single 120mm on the Accelero S1 Rev2...but I simply do not have room in my Shuttle for anything bigger then a 92mm on the Accelero. The way things are fitting together, the fan on the Accelero will basically stick out between the PSU and the Ultra-120 that I have on the CPU, there's just under 100mm between the Ultra-120 and PSU so again I will re-iterate that nothing bigger then a 92mm will fit.

I'm planning on moving from my Scythe S-Flex "F" to the Xigmatek XSF-F1251. I already have the Xigmatek XSF-F9251 to put on the Accelero so both fans would be spinning @ roughly 2,000RPM. I don't find the 92mm Xigmatek loud at all so I know I won't have any issues with the noise levels of these two fans.

Considering how I'm limited on fan size, is the Accelero S1 Rev2 going to perform like complete crap with a single 38cfm 92mm fan or can I at least expect temperatures in line with the stock cooler? It would be nice to be able to overclock, but I'm mainly doing this to get rid of the stock cooler (simply for the sake of replacing it) and quiet things down a bit at the same time, lower temperatures are merely a bonus. Hell, even if temps are slightly higher but still remain stable I'd be happy.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I might be able to squeeze a 120mm in, but it would mean modding my Ultra-120 by trimming off the edges of one side of the fins and shifting the heatsink slightly to one side to make up the space. I'd rather just throw in the 92mm if it would work, but the modded Ultra-120 is enticing as a new project and I just might go for it. ;)

Well, finished installing the Accelero S1 Rev2. It's working out SO much better then I expected with the single 92mm fan. Here's a comparison of my load temps before and after the Accelero installation:

Stock Cooler - 35% fan speed
GPU Temp.(DISPIO): 72c
GPU Temp.(MEMIO): 76c
GPU Temp.(SHADERCORE): 73c
VDDC Slave #1 Temperature: 66c
VDDC Slave #2 Temperature: 69c
VDDC Slave #3 Temperature: 68c

Accelero S1 Rev2 92mm
GPU Temp.(DISPIO): 55c
GPU Temp.(MEMIO): 59c
GPU Temp.(SHADERCORE): 56c
VDDC Slave #1 Temperature: 81c
VDDC Slave #2 Temperature: 86c
VDDC Slave #3 Temperature: 87c

GPU temps are all down up to 17c which is amazing under full load in Furmark! The VDDC temps are higher but still under 90c and completely acceptable. The reason for this is because the heatsink that comes with the Accelero isn't compatible with the HD4870 and I had to use a zip-tie to hold down one side.

All in all I'm very pleased. I'll have pics posted eventually, just wanted to let everyone know that even with a single 92mm fan under 40cfm the Accelero S1 Rev2 is MORE then capable of cooling the HD4870 and it's VRM's.

Back