AC64 Freezer for 16.99$ + s/h (great deal if you are picking something else up)

i_am_mustang_man

Limp Gawd
sometimes newegg has these for 23~24 w/ free s/h, but today they are 16.99, which is really [H] truly if bundled with other purchases

warm if not

oh, this cooler rocks the shit btw. my 3800+ a64 @ 2600 loads at 38C. not a big oc, but not a big temp either ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835185125

and for the record, this is QFT off newegg

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro with PWM fan control - Retail
Stupendous Deal

that's right. stupendous. bitches

it's really quiet

imo, it's the best price/performance 939 cooler out there

and it slams all the hot cpu air to my 120mm exhaust fan

couldn't ask for better :)

Yup I picked one up earlier today with some other stuff from the egg. Darn you premium account lin eof credit :rolleyes:

SocalSuperhero said:
Yup I picked one up earlier today with some other stuff from the egg. Darn you premium account lin eof credit :rolleyes:

I did the same exact thing. I went on a case fan spree. :D

vabch22 said:
I did the same exact thing. I went on a case fan spree. :D

I have a habit of doing the same thing with Yate Loon 120mm fans. :p

Great cooler, keeps my Opty 144 @ 3.1ghz around 38c prime overnight.

Great deal. Wish I had some free cash cause this would go great in my htpc. Hopefully it'll still be this price in a couple of weeks.

I just ordered one for my OEM 4400 X2 :D

oops, forgot to order some arctic silver...damn

Bad Karma said:
I just ordered one for my OEM 4400 X2 :D

oops, forgot to order some arctic silver...damn

Don't worry about it; the Freezer 64 has pre-applied 'MK II' grease, which apparently is more effective than AS5 (don't remember where I read this, but it's been confirmed). :cool:

I ordered one as well. Should be a good replacement for original heat sink ;) on my x2 3800+

Pulled the trigger on this one. Hopefully the temps on my X2 4600+ can go down from the 55C at load I'm having now with stock. (Lapped, no less. Why did I even bother?)

Lightsider said:
Pulled the trigger on this one. Hopefully the temps on my X2 4600+ can go down from the 55C at load I'm having now with stock. (Lapped, no less. Why did I even bother?)
What was the temp. before lapping?

Lightsider said:
*sighs* The very same. 55. Even switched from an old tube of AC3 to a fresh tube of AC5.
sorry to say, but your room temp sucks :) or your case airflow.

JaYp146 said:
Don't worry about it; the Freezer 64 has pre-applied 'MK II' grease, which apparently is more effective than AS5 (don't remember where I read this, but it's been confirmed). :cool:

cool, thanks! :D

I was going to order this last week, when it was 15.99.

Then they added a dollar this week and it was a STUPENDOUS SAVINGS! or something to that effect.

Nonetheless, i've heard great things about this cooler.I'm just worried about the rubber mounts...

vietkangta said:
it doesnt show the athlon xp being supported.

He said yes it supports socket 754 which are athlon 64s, Athlon XPs are socket A. Semprons come in socket A or socket 754 so maybe thats where you are confused.

Adionik said:
I was going to order this last week, when it was 15.99.

Then they added a dollar this week and it was a STUPENDOUS SAVINGS! or something to that effect.

Nonetheless, i've heard great things about this cooler.I'm just worried about the rubber mounts...

I've installed a couple of these and have not seen any reason to be concerned about the rubber mounts. I think they do an excellent job of reducing vibration transmission. Later,

~PJ

hmm it might actually fit the microfly for those who are interested. it really does depend a lot on the cpu placement on the motherboard, but the microfly has a bit of a gap that although narrow, may be perfect for this ac64 to stick out of. if it does fit, it'd be perfect since it'd land the heatsink right by the 120mm.

edit: upon rethinking, it probably won't work. i forgot to take into account that the fan is mounted sideways and easily eats up most of the opening. and even if it did fit, it'd be directing the flow sideways instead of to the 120mm. oh well. i wonder what works well with the microfly and an am2 system

can you tell me if it will fit my a64 3000+ with asus a8v deluxe????

correct me if im wrong as well. both the Xp-90 and 120 fit my motherboard right??

I have one of these, and am glad I bought it. I think I paid $25 for mine...definitely worth it at that price, even better at this one.

Back