AC: Origins The Curse of the Pharaohs DLC Launches Tomorrow

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Ubisoft has treated us to a video of the newest DLC for Assassin's Creed: Origins called The Curse of the Pharaohs. The video shows 4k in game footage from the DLC, and I have to say it looks quite good. Black Flag was the last game in the series that I played because of the debacle that was Unity, but it looks like I may have to give Origins a try. No pricing on the DLC has been announced. Thanks to cageymaru for the story.

Journey into Ancient Egypt, the most mysterious place in history, during a crucial period that will shape the world. Discover the secrets behind the Great Pyramids, forgotten myths, the last pharaohs, and – engraved in long-lost hieroglyphics – the origin story of the Assassin’s Brotherhood.

My girlfriend loves the shit out of this game. She's a long time fan of the series. Even she didn't play Unity all that much. If your a fan of the series, you should give it a shot. I never made it past the first one, so I have only seen her play the latest one. It does look pretty good, though I can't bring myself to buy it given I have no idea what the hell is going on in the series.

My girlfriend loves the shit out of this game. She's a long time fan of the series. Even she didn't play Unity all that much. If your a fan of the series, you should give it a shot. I never made it past the first one, so I have only seen her play the latest one. It does look pretty good, though I can't bring myself to buy it given I have no idea what the hell is going on in the series.

I am a fan of the series, I loved the first 2 games, was saddened when they veered away from the original storyline and went more to a historical platformer kind of direction. I'd need to get Rogue, Unity *shudder*, and Syndicate to get caught back up, and unfortunately I have nearly no time to game anymore :(

I am happy that they released both DLCs shortly after the main game. I hate when you have to wait 6 - 8 months or longer to get DLC, by that point you have moved on. Will have to go back later this week and complete this now.

Honestly you don't need to know what of what is going on in the series. The games have been recapping a tad bit of the back story and in the case of origin you are playing at the start of everything. Basically at this point all you need to know is that there is a group of good guys called the Assassins and a group of bad guys called the Templars. Both are trying to gather pieces of eden which are relics used by an alien race that created humans in an attempt to stop an event that would be the end of the world (an event that comes around at the end of AC3 and is obviously stopped since they are still making games). The Templars want the pieces to control man kind, the assassins want to get the pieces to lock them away so that nobody can use them. A device called the animus allows people to relive the lives of somebody else by extracting memories that are hidden in a person's DNA, which is what 97% of the game play is you going through, the memories of somebody that lived long ago. Different games have different reasons for the person going back and what they are trying to find. That's enough back story for you to be able to jump into any game and pretty much understand what is going on along with whatever other information they gave you.

I am a fan of the series, I loved the first 2 games, was saddened when they veered away from the original storyline and went more to a historical platformer kind of direction. I'd need to get Rogue, Unity *shudder*, and Syndicate to get caught back up, and unfortunately I have nearly no time to game anymore :(

Before Jan 1st the last game i had played through was the first 4 hours of AC3. I owned Black flag but never got past the first few hours of 3 so never went on to play that game. To prep for Origin I restarted and beat AC3, black flag, unity, and syndicate, all in the course of about 2.5 - 3 weeks. In all honesty at this point Unity isn't that bad. I know it had some issues at launch but now they seem to have fixed them so the game is playable. I agree about the original storyline. 3 finished up the story arc that was started with AC 1 during the real world. Since then the real world parts only give you a few minutes of topic and don't really add much to the story. Playing those games really won't add a whole lot. They introduce some new bad person in black flag that pops up again in unity as the bad guy. But had you not played black flag first you wouldn't have missed much. Origin is a drastic change to the gameplay and story. It is a massive open world game where gaining experience levels you up, as you level up you can level up weapons, then level up and other task gives you skill points that can be used to unlock different abilities (something that was starting to be introduced in Unity). Instead of memory segments you just have main quest and side quest like an Elder Scroll game. Fighting is much different to the point of being more like a 3rd person RPG than any other AC game. They changed a lot about the game but in a good way as far as game play goes. The down side is that the main story doesn't really advance much again though. And they did try to tie the movie into the game cannon in it also if you want to consider that to be bad ;) Just in a throw away part of the story about a woman having worked on a version of the animus that suspends the person in the air that she heard actually did get finished and used.

Bought All of them... Unity was the only one I could not over with. Finished all the others. Started Origins 2 weeks ago. Love it so far. Level 12.

Fantastic game. Best one since Black Flag, and in it's own way one of the best since it's the newest and most updated graphically, makes use of all your CPU cores and will make a 1080Ti sweat. World density and everything are top notch.

This is a game you can really get lost in. If you liked Witcher 3 then this a no brainer. Glad I didn't listen to the "everything Ubishit sucks no matter what" edgelords.

Origins is a great game. One of the best open world games I’ve played in a long time, although I wish the crafting system had been a little deeper.

I really enjoyed BF a lot. To this day at 4k it's also one of those games that can push a card to its limits with max settings. I loved it too coming from the Sid Meiers era Pirates! and getting to experience that in a 1st/3rd person view of great visuals. Depending on overall reviews I might get this but I do have a love/hate thing with Ubisoft much the same as others have with EA. Just have to wait and see how it goes.

Bought All of them... Unity was the only one I could not over with. Finished all the others. Started Origins 2 weeks ago. Love it so far. Level 12.

Same here...finished all of them except Unity. Just got bored playing it and the controls were janky at times.

Origins is the only one I ponied up for the "Gold" version with the DLC. Pretty fun game. I like the fighting better in Syndicate, but you get used to it in Origins.

Back