Absolute smallest case that will fit low-profile GPU

ras2a

Weaksauce
I've just completed my Mini-ITX build inside the Antec ISK 110 and am very pleased. However, I'm already thinking about installing dGPU, which would obviously mean a larger case.

I want the very smallest case possible that will fit the smallest graphics card possible. Again, tiny, tiny... I'm thinking the next one up in the Antec product line, the 310, is the way to go.

But any other recommendations you guys can make?

Thanks all :)

ras

well, you could technically use a PCI-e riser/elbow so it would negate the need for a taller case and give you more options as far as GPU size. Finding a suitable PSU, however, might be difficult in that small a form factor. What GPU are you planning on using?

I'm guessing any mico-ATX case would do the job. I'm running one (old HP slimline) for my steam machine and honestly wish I would of just went with a slightly larger case. Finding a decent GPU is rough (although, someone was 'supposed' to be making a 750ti lowprofile, but haven't seen it yet) as well as the PSU. Largest I could find (that I trusted) was, IIRC, 350w.

Antec ISK 310

I have HTPC in that small case that barely fit low profile NVidia fanless GPU (needed to make a hole in the side for the radiator)

Here is the link to pictures
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040458166&postcount=16

Hi mate, that looks good. Would this case allow the fitting of ANY of the low-profile/half-height cards, 'without' having to cut holes in the chassis? :)

Is this only because yours is a fanless GPU?

cheers

Hi mate, that looks good. Would this case allow the fitting of ANY of the low-profile/half-height cards, 'without' having to cut holes in the chassis? :)

Is this only because yours is a fanless GPU?

cheers

Yep, I needed to cut a hole only because it is a fanless GPU. I think I saw people fitting there normal GPUs with fans but I didn't try it myself. Try to look around in the internet for pictures. It is a great small and very silent case provided fanless GPU. Though I'm thinking to move my HTPC into a slightly bigger case just to make it even more silent with bigger fans.

I had an HD7750 in mine awhile back. Worked nicely and ran relatively cool.

I have a GT630 with the same cooler as almalino, and it really is a pretty big chunk of aluminum. the card itself is tiny (it's an PCI-e 8X card, so half length connector), and it's rated at only 25w, so i'm guessing if you could find something similar, and a good PCI-e riser, you could even pull off putting a d-gpu into the antec 110. It'll require low profile ram, the lowest CPU cooler you can find and a very low spec GPU, and some casemodding to boot, but i'm sure it should be possible.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I've decided and I think I'm gonna go with the ISK 310... but want to know what is the best GPU that will fit inside, without having to mod to the case?

Cheers all

ras

Take at the Lone Industries L2 here on hardforum. It's really small and fit's a 750 ti without modding.

I had an HD7750 in mine awhile back. Worked nicely and ran relatively cool.

Would the HD7750 fit inside the ISK 310? I'm not fussed about running the most modern PC games at max settings. But some light gaming with it and primarily for Dolphin/PCSX2 etc..

cheers

The lone industries is much smaller and it fits a Galaxy 750ti low profile.The ISK 310 width wise is small but length wise is pretty long. You also need a specialized PSU from pico psu: http://www.mini-box.com/picoPSU-160-XT-192W-Adapter-Power-Kit, so the case plus the power supply would be like $180 whereas the ISK 310 150watt is like $80-$90.

WOW, I've just done a little digging and the dimensions of the 2 cases are as follows:

Antec ISK 110: 222 x 78 x 212mm
Lone Industries L1: 220 x 94 x 220mm

The L1 is essentially the same size, just an additional 16mm in height. Seriously tempted to get that case. Do they have any distributors for the UK?

Very tempted by this idea -thanks guys

Back