About wet my pants in VR

Oscar Meyer

Limp Gawd
WoW. Played Windlands for the first time on Oculus Touch. Had no idea what i was getting into. Played it standing. Had to put it down after 5 minutes, LOL. Have not felt that much RAW fear in a very long time. I was grasping the trigger like I was hanging on for dear life......

WoW.. I just got it and it is pretty amazing. It is a bit unnerving.

EDIT: I am not a fan of heights. This game is pushing that to the limits.

Last edited:
WoW.. I just got it and it is pretty amazing. It is a bit unnerving.

EDIT: I am not a fan of heights. This game is pushing that to the limits.

Yeah, I'm afraid of heights as well. This game is utterly over the top. My hands are sweatin so much, it might short out the controllers. Right now, I can only do it for about 5 minutes before i got to put it down. The worst for me is not the flying around, but the hanging on a tree and then looking down and seeing a 5000 ft drop

Bravo Mr. Meyer! Picked this up tonight and just spend about an hour playing it, very cool VR title. The controls for me are a little awkward but I kind of got the hang of that now, just need to be better with the aiming. The intro and setup didn't give me a laser pointer to the options so I need to check that out. I'm not a fan of heights and certainly there is a frightening thrill there for me because of that but nothing nauseating, runs very well.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Bravo Mr. Meyer! Picked this up tonight and just spend about an hour playing it, very cool VR title. The controls for me are a little awkward but I kind of got the hang of that now, just need to be better with the aiming. The intro and setup didn't give me a laser pointer to the options so I need to check that out. I'm not a fan of heights and certainly there is a frightening thrill there for me because of that but nothing nauseating, runs very well.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

I'm on the Oculus touch. I don't get a laser pointer per se, but when my hook is able to attach to something, I get a circle telling me it's a valid target. I'v had the game for 3 days and have so far gotten through about 20 minutes of it. The game brings out my fear of heights to the fullest. In fact sometimes before a big traversal, I psyche myself up my running and jumping off a ledge at least 3 time intentionally dying. just to remind myself it's just a game. I play it standing up, with all comfort setting turned off. SO friggin intense......when I land on the ground after a big decent, My legs literally brace for the impact and my brain kind of jars a bit to the landing

VR is vastly different from 3D, which by the way is still a thing for movies.

it may be vastly different but it might have the same lifespan...and 3D is still in movies but if you look at new 2016/2017 TV's almost all the major manufacturer's have abandoned it

VR is vastly different from 3D, which by the way is still a thing for movies.

VR is doing considerably worse than 3D IMO. It's too expensive and not many people want to buy it at that price point. It's also not standardized so you have games exclusive to Oculus and Vive which causes fragmentation and most of the games are pretty gimmicky and would get old really fast. I think the future is augmented reality for those that want to use their headsets for more than just gaming.

VR is doing considerably worse than 3D IMO. It's too expensive and not many people want to buy it at that price point. It's also not standardized so you have games exclusive to Oculus and Vive which causes fragmentation and most of the games are pretty gimmicky and would get old really fast. I think the future is augmented reality for those that want to use their headsets for more than just gaming.
For what it can do right now maybe a little expensive. It isn't bad if you use it a lot.

I've always liked the Microsoft HoloLens but don't know if it'll ever get mainstream acceptance

Maybe I am just getting old but computer ware now days for high end stuff is dirt cheap. Anyways I hooked up with Microsoft store and basically got the Vive for $599 - best money spent and well worth it in a long time dealing with gaming. Short lived or growing - in this case I expect it to grow because the experience for many (not all) is rather good even with current technologies. There is stuff you can do in VR you just can't do with a monitor is the main reason and not only for gaming is why VR should succeed.

same place 3D is hanging out...

VR is not going anywhere. Cellphone VR is too cheap and popular to fail. There will always be a market for people wanting top teir like the Vive and Rift. 3D is a poor analogy. VR is a totally different medium.

Do you have data to back this up or is it in your head?

Back