About to purchase my first LCD

BioHazard.89

Limp Gawd
I've been running two Gateway 2000 Vivitron 17 inch monitors for the past 6 years on my computer(s) and they're very close to dieing and I'm about to dive into my first LCD Purchase. I do have a few concern's though.....

1) What are the chances of dead pixels? Are they common? I'm buying from Newegg (200 dollar gift cert and maybe an extra $100~150 out of my own pocket) and noticed "**Dead Pixels Policy: Replacement or Refund for 8 or more dead pixels only. " If score 2 dead pixels, am I SOL?

2) With $350 max, what's my best option? I've been looking at the SAMSUNG 740B Black 17" 8ms LCD Monitor as well as the SAMSUNG 940b-Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor (both DVI) and I have future plans on buying a second one later..... Are there other LCD's I should be looking at? Can I spend my money better?

Thanks for all the help in advanced!

samsung might not be the cheapest price wise, but i have a 172T since 2002 and its still like new until last week i upgraded to a 21" widescreen :)

if you want longetivity samsung does have great quality IMO

Just Purchased the 19" tonight with some chatting with some close friends.... I'll post back later this week when it comes in =)

Back