About to order these coolernaste Sickleflow V2 ARGB fans %42 off Cyber Monday deal convince me not to?

xDiVolatilX

2[H]4U
Deal of the day: Cooler Master SickleFlow 120 V2 ARGB 3in1 Square Frame Fan, ARGB 3-Pin Customizable LEDS, Air Balance Curve Blade, Sealed Bearing, 120mm PWM Control for Computer Case & Liquid Radiator https://a.co/d/dGsIORt

%42 off coolernaste Sickleflow V2 ARGB fans Cyber Monday sale pull the trigger or something better cheaper etc let me know please also this is a heads up for whoever else wants in lol

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Any comment why? Seriously though? Getting 2 sets that's 70 bucks still quite the investment lol
Honestly, I was just here to push you over the edge. I have wayyyy too many fans. When I want to convince myself I look at the bin of fans I have and I walk away. If you're in the same boat just save the $70 lol

Honestly, I was just here to push you over the edge. I have wayyyy too many fans. When I want to convince myself I look at the bin of fans I have and I walk away. If you're in the same boat just save the $70 lol
Lmao this made my day 😹

I actually don't have ANY RGB fans. My motherboard has a RGB dragon glowing on it (MSI Edge DDR5 wifi) my RAM has RGB and my grfx card has RGB along with my EK reservoir glows rgb but I have 0 RGB case fans lol was going to line up the front 3 and top 3 of the case with these just looking for an excuse to either do it or not I am not well educated on RGB fans.

Buying a premium-priced fan that isn't a Noctua, the Phanteks T30, a new "old stock" Nidec Gentle Typhoon, or maybe a Be Quiet or Lian Li's Unifan seems like a bad deal.

Im in the same boat, just with lots of fans I dont want to use. I have a ton of old delta black labels 60mm and high speed 80 deltas. the only old fans I still use are all my old 80mm panasonic panaflos in older cases.

The best overall fan in the 120mm form factor (barring ultra high speed ones like a finger slicing Delta!), though not technically 25mm wide, is the Phanteks T30 at 30mm wide and ~$30 in price. Noctua otherwise normally makes the best fans at about $30 each... plus an extra $2 not to get them in two-tone brown. Gentle Typhoons are great, but aren't licensed by Scythe anymore. Be Quiet is another major premium fan brand and Lian Li has new fans dripping with RGB and great cable management. Those two companies' top fans are also in the $30 bracket.

I probably wouldn't spend premium money on another fan right now.

I actually don't have ANY RGB fans. My motherboard has a RGB dragon glowing on it (MSI Edge DDR5 wifi) my RAM has RGB and my grfx card has RGB along with my EK reservoir glows rgb but I have 0 RGB case fans lol was going to line up the front 3 and top 3 of the case with these just looking for an excuse to either do it or not I am not well educated on RGB fans.
If you think at the end of it you'll be $70 happier with the setup, then definitely do it. (y)

Ordered 2 sets before the cyber Monday deal ends. $11.66 per fan is unbeatable value. Comes with controller and I can connect to my mb argb header. My case has fan controller also for 15 fans. Have good static pressure for my rads. If unhappy I can return. Doubt I will. I have a few other red 140 sickleflows in my other rig and they are nice. Thousands of 5 star reviews. I'm after value more than anything. I should be more than happy 😊

The best overall fan in the 120mm form factor (barring ultra high speed ones like a finger slicing Delta!), though not technically 25mm wide, is the Phanteks T30 at 30mm wide and ~$30 in price. Noctua otherwise normally makes the best fans at about $30 each... plus an extra $2 not to get them in two-tone brown. Gentle Typhoons are great, but aren't licensed by Scythe anymore. Be Quiet is another major premium fan brand and Lian Li has new fans dripping with RGB and great cable management. Those two companies' top fans are also in the $30 bracket.

I probably wouldn't spend premium money on another fan right now.
I went through the whole fan decision several months ago. There was a great video from hardware Canucks I think where they tested T30s, Gentle Typhoons, Noctuas, Arctic P12s, etc. T30s are definitely the performance champ, but based on value, they recommended the gentle typhoons. Arctic P12s were the bargain choice of course. I have a Watercool MO-RA3 and I ended up using T30s on the pull side and P12s on the push side. Luckily, I already had 6 T30s and 5 P12s that I had accumulated over time. Otherwise, I would have been spending a crazy amount on fans all at once.

I sold off a bunch of Corsair white LL120s and the Corsair Commander on here for a song. Nobody wanted those things.

Here's the fan roundup for those interested.

Last edited:
I've got some non-rgb ones of these they are actually pretty good especially compared to some of CM's other fans.
Yea me too that's what made me go for them again. I like the price and the lights on them are subtle as well as decent static pressure for rads. Overall good all around fan and I really love the black frame.

Last edited:
I went through the whole fan decision several months ago. There was a great video from hardware Canucks I think where they tested T30s, Gentle Typhoons, Noctuas, Arctic P12s, etc. T30s are definitely the performance champ, but based on value, they recommended the gentle typhoons. Arctic P12s were the bargain choice of course. I have a Watercool MO-RA3 and I ended up using T30s on the pull side and P12s on the push side. Luckily, I already had 6 T30s and 5 P12s that I had accumulated over time. Otherwise, I would have been spending a crazy amount on fans all at once.

I sold off a bunch of Corsair white LL120s and the Corsair Commander on here for a song. Nobody wanted those things.

Here's the fan roundup for those interested.

Yea I saw this the day this video was released. The arctic p12 is the most inexpensive out of the round up I believe but still more than $11 and some change(price has already gone up as of typing this it was %42 off on cyber Monday) for the coolernaste flow v2s argb. The v2s come with a controller for that price also for people that don't have a motherboard header even though I do. All in all I really REALLY didn't want to overpay for any of these more premium fans because I truly believe the flow v2s are the best bang for your buck. Definitely value wise.

Last edited:
Awesome! Hope they do the trick for you. :) Post some pics of the rgb rig once you have it all set up! (y)
Well, honestly they are not going to look as good as they could potentially look. All the fans are going to be installed in reverse because all my rads are exhaust. The frame side it going to be facing out lol. The good thing is there are mesh grills front and top so it will somewhat camouflage the frame but still have the rbg glowing through it. There is no RGB fans inside the case, I don't like them inside. I prefer only the components to glow (cpublock/motherboard/grfx card/reservoir).

Well, honestly they are not going to look as good as they could potentially look. All the fans are going to be installed in reverse because all my rads are exhaust. The frame side it going to be facing out lol. The good thing is there are mesh grills front and top so it will somewhat camouflage the frame but still have the rbg glowing through it. There is no RGB fans inside the case, I don't like them inside. I prefer only the components to glow (cpublock/motherboard/grfx card/reservoir).
Pics or it didn't happen. :D

I feel you on how it might look, but we love it all here. (y) I'm sure each of us has a story of a janky setup or one that wasn't 'clean'.

Back