about to jump out a window - please help with outlook

okay, i have a user here who is over her mailbox size limit and i am trying to set up autoarchive to clear some space out. the problem is that when i go to options --> other --> autoarchive and set the default settings i want and then hit "apply settings to all folders now" button i get a message saying "The operation failed."

to make matters worse, when i go to each individual folder underneath of "Inbox" they are all set to "do not archive." when i set them to use default settings or even create special archive settings i have no problem. i click apply and then ok. no problem. when i open the properties for that folder and check the autoarchive settings they are back to "do not archive." the settings i just made have been ignored.

i cannot up this person's mailbox quota- she is using 1.5GB already. thanks.

I dont run exchange, but on our email system, there are global settings for archival and you can set specific settings for individual users on the server itself, which take precident over the client. I would assume exchange would have something similar to this if setting it in the client is not working. And just out of curiosity how does a person have 1.5 GB of email?

Back