About ESPN NHL Hockey

I'm interested in buying this game and I was wondering is there an option for me to build an all star team like having all the best players in one team? You know like having naslund, bertuzzi, forsberg, sakic, all in one team? Thx

Fantasy Draft.
In all the ESPN(Sega)Sports games.

I havn't played that one, but if you're looking for a hockey game, I would recommend NHL 2004. It's a huge improvement over the previous EA Sports titles, and all the reviews I've read say it's the best hockey game ever. I'm about 20 games into my first year of "Dynasty Mode" and having a blast.

Originally posted by Tiny
Fantasy Draft.
In all the ESPN(Sega)Sports games.

So I can take in any players that I want for my dream team in the Fantasy draft right? Is it possible that I can move all my superstars to play for a NHL team? Like Colorado or Vancouver?

Originally posted by m1dg3t
I havn't played that one, but if you're looking for a hockey game, I would recommend NHL 2004. It's a huge improvement over the previous EA Sports titles, and all the reviews I've read say it's the best hockey game ever. I'm about 20 games into my first year of "Dynasty Mode" and having a blast.

I have NHL 2004 and I think it's ok...I just want to try ESPN since everyone said it's a great hockey game and here's my chance to find out...

Originally posted by Sgt_Strider
So I can take in any players that I want for my dream team in the Fantasy draft right? Is it possible that I can move all my superstars to play for a NHL team? Like Colorado or Vancouver?

Not entirely, its like a draft....meaning you pick a guy for your team then the other teams pic, then you, then them, and so on til they are gone.

But if you just want to leave the teams as they are and "create" your dream team then you will have to do it through trades and freeagencey.

You can trick the system though, when a player gets hurt(injured but not labeld as being out)there rating goes down according to the injury, so you can trade for a good guy that is hurt with a scrub on your team. Also, you can save some cap room if you sign your players to multi-year deals when they are injured. I do this on my ESPN Football.

Also, can't you rent the game, I know it can be hard to find sometimes(Hollywood sucks with game selection here).

Not entirely, its like a draft....meaning you pick a guy for your team then the other teams pic, then you, then them, and so on til they are gone.

But if you just want to leave the teams as they are and "create" your dream team then you will have to do it through trades and freeagencey.

You can trick the system though, when a player gets hurt(injured but not labeld as being out)there rating goes down according to the injury, so you can trade for a good guy that is hurt with a scrub on your team. Also, you can save some cap room if you sign your players to multi-year deals when they are injured. I do this on my ESPN Football.

Also, can't you rent the game, I know it can be hard to find sometimes(Hollywood sucks with game selection here).

So what you are telling me is the only way for me to go after my goal of creating my dream team? I am somewhat disappointed :(.

I really don't wnat to waste $5 CAD for a rental like that...If someone who has the game can tell me what I want to know, it'll save me the money.

Back