About Dell U2412M yellow tint issue and calibration

farstar

n00b
Hi! I recently purchased a Dell U2412M. I was so afraid about receiving the A00 revision because many people complain about yellow tint. luckily i got A01. wait. luckily?

As soon as i plugged the monitor, it looks so horrible bad. yellowish all the time. Using ICC profiles from popular websites didn't help at all.

When using alone is probably not as bad, but i use it as a second screen, and my crappy samsung TN monitor gives whites so much pure than this dell which gives yellow instead of white.

Using my samsung as reference, i could achieve nearly-white. But now my RGB is 86/70/100.

Is this acceptable? should i return it or just use it with that settings? I don't need to match calibration for printing, this is going to be amateur/just for fun work. But anyway, other colors can be different now?

What do you think? thanks!

Last edited:
it's unacceptable to me as well and I went through 5 u2412m to get 3 good ones.

it's unacceptable to me as well and I went through 5 u2412m to get 3 good ones.

what revision number are yours? failed and good ones?

mine is A01.

I got another A01 (both manufactured may 2014) and it is the same.

2/2 yellowish...

sigh.

what should i do? if i return them to amazon they will 100% give me another yellowish ones, for sure...

EDIT: also, what are the problems of running screens at 86/70/100 ?

Last edited:
All 3 of mine are A03. The two bad one are A00 and A01. One had terrible backlight bleed and the other one yellow tint from hell.
I got mine through Amazon as well and I guess I got lucky that I got a good one.

All 3 of mine are A03. The two bad one are A00 and A01. One had terrible backlight bleed and the other one yellow tint from hell.
I got mine through Amazon as well and I guess I got lucky that I got a good one.

the A01 got the yellow tint issues? or it was A00 ?

Back