? about Crysis patches

F.E.A.R.

[H]ard|Gawd
I decided to reinstall Crysis since I bought a new HD4850 to see how it would run. Instead of patching with 1.1 and then 1.2 I just grabbed 1.2. My question is did I need to do them in sequence? Do I need 1.1 at all? If I do need 1.1 can I just grab 1.1 and install and I'm good to go after doing 1.2 first?

Thanks a bunch :D

With most modern game patches you can just install the newest one, unless otherwise noted in the Patch Notes. A good rule of thumb is to just download the biggest patch.

hehe, I remember the old days of having to download every version of a patch for a game... that sucked.

1.21 is a stand alone but I isntalled 1.1, 1.2 and 1.21 but it only showed up as 1.2 in my games folder. Either way, if 1.2 was a stand alone patch, it would say where you downloaded it from, and the installer would probably not let you install it unless your version was 1.1 (if it was stand alone).

1.21 is a stand alone but I isntalled 1.1, 1.2 and 1.21 but it only showed up as 1.2 in my games folder. Either way, if 1.2 was a stand alone patch, it would say where you downloaded it from, and the installer would probably not let you install it unless your version was 1.1 (if it was stand alone).

Yeah, most patches no-a-days have version checks before installing. :D

Back