ABIT Max2 not shutting down

KoZLop

[H]ard|Gawd
Alrighty... I got a computer to fix from my dad's friend (who doesn't leave it alone..) well when I plugged in the plug the computer just starts up. Then when it loads to windows xp home and when I shut it down the computer stays on..

The power button and reset button works...

anyone have any ideas....

oh yea I tryed removing all the hardware. The USB card, 56k modem, video card.

Did you try to load bios fail safe defaults ?
I had the same problem with Asus CUBX-E, but when I took out the sound card everything worked fine.
Also remove the mobo from the case and install it again, there maybe a short somewhere.

Try this... Go to start and Run "compmgmt.msc" it'll run yer mmc go to device manager on the left, and to the right, check what type of computer is installed. it Should be reading, ACPI uniprocessor or Multiprocessor depending on if you have hyper threading or dual system. IF... its reading the Computer as something like Unknown Computer, or Standard Computer.... there is your Problem. Sometimes windows Setup will not get a read from PNP and the setup installs Windows thinking that its a Older system with No advanced control power interface. You can update yer Drivers, and choose the ACPI uni/multprocessor computer again from that same console screen, and next time you shut down, it'll work.

If it was on uni/multi, then i dunno, check yer Bios to see all yer power settings are correct and set on ACPI mode.

OUT

Back