Abit KV8 Pro or Epox 8KDA3J+?

kleptophobiac

Supreme [H]ardness
I am having a hard time choosing between these two motherboards. Anybody have an recommendations?

Abit all the way. Much better brand (in my opinion), and their latest stuff is performing quite well. As a matter of fact, the KV8 Pro is one of the best Athlon 64 boards out there. Rated the best or one of the best by several magazines, etc.

I love my 8KDA3J+. Zero issues, rock solid stable. Picked it up for $96. Definitely recommendable.

I ordered the Exox, just have to wait for it now. I've become a bigger fan of nvidia chipsets over Via chipsets.

I guess I'll get the epox, just because I have bad memories of the KT266 and the KT400...

mdaniel said:
I ordered the Exox, just have to wait for it now. I've become a bigger fan of nvidia chipsets over Via chipsets.

You ordered an EP-8KDA3J? Where? I'm dying to get my hands on one.

I've got bookmarks on newegg, censuspc, and mwave - I'm just waiting for them to come in stock.

kleptophobiac said:
I've got bookmarks on newegg, censuspc, and mwave - I'm just waiting for them to come in stock.

Same here. I'm constantly checking them all. It's pure torture, I have almost everything else sitting in a nice little pile next to me and yet this excellent board continues to elude me. :mad:

Abit might be good, but it's still build on the VIA chipset. I wouldn't touch anything VIA related. I can't think of a single thing the VIA can do/does better than your typical nForce3 MoBo. Epox is quality and offers an nForce3 250Gb solution. Seems obvious to me.

Well, the came in stock at Census somewhere around noon EST (that's when I checked) and I ordered one. :) We'll see how they compare to the egg.

They are in stock at newegg and Mwave also....where mine was shipped from yesterday. Too bad everything will be here by Friday, with the apparent exception of my new Thermalright Xp-120. Guess I'll be able to compare the stock HSF to that of the XP-120 though. I was hoping to have EVERYTHING in on Saturday.

I decided on census just to give them a shot, and because they were a couple bucks cheaper than either mwave or newegg. :) They have a really high reseller rating, so why not?

mdaniel said:
They are in stock at newegg and Mwave also....where mine was shipped from yesterday. Too bad everything will be here by Friday, with the apparent exception of my new Thermalright Xp-120. Guess I'll be able to compare the stock HSF to that of the XP-120 though. I was hoping to have EVERYTHING in on Saturday.

I thought the first batch of XP-120s was just for Intel's socket 478 and then after that they would be fully socket 754 and 939 compatable? Looks like a hell of a sweet heatsink though. I didn't want to wait and got a SLK-948U.

kleptophobiac said:
I decided on census just to give them a shot, and because they were a couple bucks cheaper than either mwave or newegg. :) They have a really high reseller rating, so why not?

Yah, I just ordered mine early this morning from CensusPC too =)

mwave.com is cheap until you checkout.. turns out you pay a TON for shipping.

geekosphere101 said:
Abit all the way. Much better brand (in my opinion), and their latest stuff is performing quite well. As a matter of fact, the KV8 Pro is one of the best Athlon 64 boards out there. Rated the best or one of the best by several magazines, etc.

lol

No doubt that Abit is a good company and the KV8 Pro is a decent board

but between these two , the 8KDA3J+ walks all over the KV8Pro and then some

I avoided the K8V because of the whole PCI/AGP lock controversy. Some have them, some don't, bios update fixes, bios update doesn't fix. Scared me away from it since I'm doing overclocking.

I just put a KV8 Pro into a box for a friend, and it seems like a very nice board. I like it a lot. I've already ordered the 8KDA3+ though.

My Epox will be here tomorrow from Mwave. My 3000+ has been sitting on the desk all lonely the past two days, Hopefully my XP-120 will arrive on Friday so I can put it together. FedEx shows an ETA of 08/07/04. Satuday??? That sounds unlikely, so it will either be Friday or next Monday. With my luck it will be Monday. Don't know if I can wait THAT long.

Back