Abit KN8 problems possibly with Antec Power Supply Input Needed

smokinkane

Limp Gawd
I have 11 Abit KN8 motherboard's with the Athlon X2 3800's in all of the them, gskill 2x1gb ram, asus x600 video cards, seagate 80gb sata hd's, Lite-on 16x DVD burners, on 5 of the computers I have OCZ modstream 450w power supply's with an enlight case and on the other 6 I have antec 400w power supply's and antec case. So the only difference the computers really is the case and power supply. So the problem's I'm having are spontaneous reboots and boot hangs at the windows xp logo screen. I removed the nvidia sata drivers as they seem to cause most of the boot hangs at the logo screen becuase the Native command queing causes data corruption on the hard drive. Anyway so I took the hard drive out of the antec built and placed it in one of the enlight/ocz builts and no more problems. Do you think it really is some sort of compatibility problem with the antec power supply with the KN8 board? It really seems like it at this point, does anybody else have this configuration and similar problems? All input is welcome.

You do realize this is the OS subforum.... Right?

You are probably best off researching the power supply issue in the Power Supply forum

I know the X2 boards have hefty requirements for PSUs.

Back