Abit is closing its doors.

NF7-S v2 was the best board i ever had and my old IN9 still runs fine. I am sad they are gone but not supriced at all, just that it took this long for them to close up as rumor has been around for a long time now.

son of a bit

seriously though. they had so many DOA and flakey boards I stopped buying them ages ago.

My retired PC sitting in the other bedroom is an old Athlon64 3700+/X850 XT AGP rig with an ABIT NF8 board. I'm pretty pleased with it to this day. Even with the dated hardware its a pretty decent performer. Runs WoW and LotRO well at 1280x1024.

Poor ABIT.

Always bought Abit boards up until now....and bought a Gigabyte board..
Never had problems with them as they always worked straight out of the box, and my NF7-S v2 board is still going strong after about 5 years or so........ever since they first came out.

My overclocked BH6 / 300A @ 450 combo is still chugging away just fine, although I rarely turn it on these days.

Last Abit boards I owned where BE6-II boards, for good old celeron 366@550mhz, it was a great board, till it died, and then bought a second one, and it died.

Long live asus!

I still have mine someplace and it still runs :)

I have the BE6 II and BH6

And finally, this is ever so poignant, Abit's BX6 viking funeral:

Just have to ask, was it Stimpy or the South Park kids who lit the fire?

More serious note, I'll miss Abit too, although my last board with them was an Abit NF7-S, ended up with both a rev 1 and rev 2 board if I recall right. And building a couple systems for others based around that board. Good times.

First Abit board was the KT7 and followed up witht he KT7A a month or so later, this got me into AMD till my E6750 just this year. I still have my NF7S and working like a champ. Currently running the AN78GS for my AMD @ 300 mhz fsb, and my just recently replaced IP35-E that worked fantastically @ 500 mhz fsb.

I'd always prefered Abit before any other companies, now it's a toss up between Asus and Gigabyte.

I still have an IC7-G Max 2 board running strong as ever with an overclocked P4 near 4.0ghz. It's an awesome board.

My IN9-32x MAX finally died, but I called them and they replaced it with a Quad GT at their shipping cost. I was very pleased. They were hard to understand but very friendly. I will miss them greatly, as I've purchased many a faithful Abit board.

I cant say I'm sad to see them go. The last couple ABIT boards I've owned have sucked massively. Plus their website is absolutely horrendous. Especially when you need a driver.

My nf7-s worked great, so did my AN8-sli, it was awesome....my last abit mobo, AB9, worked great too but it gave me a few bad headaches...

Oh well

I was wondering when they would finally go T.U. I havent had an ABIT mainboard in a long time. But yeah, back in the day, they wre the board to have.

@ BrandonB, if you time here is any indication of your time with computers, its not surprising. Abit has always held a place in our hearts. I think alot of us were just hoping they would pull their heads out of the a$$

I have owned and used more ABIT motherboards than any other manufacturer. NF7-S, KR7-A, older Celeron boards, ... sad days :(

KT266R, NF7-S, and my last was an IC7-G Max III board. All were outstanding boards that served me well.

KN8-Ultra here, and this has been a very reliable board although a little testy at times. In about a week it's going into retirement. It has served me well.

I cant say I'm sad to see them go. The last couple ABIT boards I've owned have sucked massively. Plus their website is absolutely horrendous. Especially when you need a driver.

Who gets drivers from the mobo mfr anyway? It's not just an abit thing for a mobo manufacturer to have out of date drivers on their website. I just go straight to the chip mfr. for drivers.

The Abit IP35 Pro I've been running has been fantastic. My only complaint was that I think it cost me $170 last summer (07).

Their website does suck, though.

they got a abit x48 to be released though according to their web site.

Back