Abit IP35-E Motherboard only $60 at NewEgg AR (for those $200 Q6600 Quads)

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
Can't beat this price

Abit IP35-E for only $59.99 AR ($30 rebate)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127031&Tpk=abit+ip35-e

This motherboard is a stripped down, no frills version of it's big brother - the esteemed Abit IP35 pro. (probably the best overclocking motherboard there is right now for the Intel side)

Most of the stuff stripped out the average person doesn't care about. Raid, Firewire, E-sata, and 4 Sata ports instead of 6 or 8.

Of Course this being an ethusiast board I expect to be corrected by an enthusiast :) - but the average person really doesn't need/use that stuff.

I personally don't need those extras --- the point being it's got the same overclocking abilities as the IP35 pro for 1/2 the price.

Here are a couple of reviews

9 way roundup here

http://www.techspot.com/article/61-intel-p35-motherboard-roundup/page25.html
Best mid-tier motherboard

http://www.devhardware.com/c/a/Motherboards/ABIT-IP35E/
talks about the IP35-e's gratuitous overclocking abilities

For those of you who bought those 8400's that were on sale recently or the Q6600's that are currently on sale...I think this is a really sound board to look into!

got one, thanks a lot! :D. i saw this board last time with the $30 MIR and hesitated, glad to see it's back. and yes i got both the 8400 and q6600 from microcenter, so one of them will have a new home on this lovely blue board.

abit support is bad. i have emailed them twice now about a problem with this board in the last week and i still have no answer.

the board works fine, but on boot at the post screen it just sits there for 5-8 minutes. then it boots and everything works fine.

just beware on this board, you get what you pay for. i sure wish i would have bought it's big brother instead.

good luck!

yup saw this go up last night or this morning.

Im heading over to Microcenter today to see if i can get a Q6600, if they still have em. Im sure i will pick up the Abit board this weekend too. I was planning on upgrading a bit later, but these deals have been pretty decent.

abit support is bad. i have emailed them twice now about a problem with this board in the last week and i still have no answer.

the board works fine, but on boot at the post screen it just sits there for 5-8 minutes. then it boots and everything works fine.

just beware on this board, you get what you pay for. i sure wish i would have bought it's big brother instead.

good luck!

from what i can tell this is a problem unique to your system, my ip35-e has no problems and niether do any of my friends (4 different systems). please dont make ur experience a general one, this is a great board, i recommend it to anyone. its very stable, runs cool, and clocks like mad, for the price you just cant beat it. i have talked to abit support before too, it went smooth as can be

IF anyone really wants this board, it's probably a good idea to do it while you can. Doesn't seem to be that many retailers selling this board anymore...Likely due to the release of the IP35-V - an even more no frills companion to the IP35 line - ie: no more MOSFET cooling, red/orange PCB (not blue :(), no SB cooling, what looks to be an even lesser NB sink (compared to the -E at least) and maybe some more little bits. I guess the whole line were too similar or something, so they thought it was a good idea to castrate it. Come to think of it, the vanilla IP35 is becoming more scarce too isn't it? [edit] the big difference, looking @ abit site, w/ the -V being ICH7, NOT ICH9 as originially on the IP35s :(. There also seems to be yet ANOTHER IP35 board too - the -P board. SB cooling is back, has ICH9, still red PCB.[/edit]

... The Pro is decently price as well - Newegg's got it @ $140 AR ($7.14 shipping) right now. Although the rebate expires TODAY.

It's a good board just be ready to learn a lesson in fraustration if it goes bad. Abit support and RMA is a nightmare. speaking from recent experience.

It's a good board just be ready to learn a lesson in fraustration if it goes bad. Abit support and RMA is a nightmare. speaking from recent experience.

Abit RMA has been superb for me. Submitted a request Sunday, got my RMA # Monday afternoon. They received it Wednesday (according to FedEX tracking) got notification and sent out my board by Thursday. Got the new board back Monday. 1 week turn around looks pretty good to me.

I've read some posts of people gettting over 500...do some google searches for IP35-E + overclocking

Thanks for the link. I just purchased one.

Now I need a processor to go with it. I'll have to keep my eye out for a good sale.

The day Newegg will ship to Canada I'll be so happy damn.
If someone feels generous, I could offer 85$us for one brand new (shipped to Montreal)

Thanks man. Was itching to get a new board and this is a great price. Wish it was 60ar shipped but oh well.

I've got a e6600 so I'm not really worried about the FSB but more about how stable the voltages are and how efficient the NB cooling is.

Given the choice between this or the Gigabyte DS3L, which one is the better choice?

I was just about to order the DS3L when I saw this and now I'm unsure what to do. Will be using an e2180, hopefully around the 3.0ghz range.

So the brand doesnt make that much of a difference?

Looks like I'm gonna go for the Abit then since its about $30ish cheaper after rebate.

good luck!

I have the same problem with the IP-35 Pro. Seems there a few of us out there.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1231984&highlight=q6600

My setup exactly.

As far as the mobo issues ..... if you get a board that is flaky .... the obvious choice is to send it back. If you don't send it back, it's your fault (not to be taken negatively). I have read a few instances of this problem, and warranty comes with purchases for a reason. If my board comes in with the same issue ..... better believe I'd rather pay shipping outright for replacement rather than have a grudge against this board throughout it's lifetime.

With that said, I hope my mobo schedule for delivery tomorrow doesn't have that problem.

I personally think abit enjoys a better reputation than gigabyte....Abit certainly has been around longer and has had some real winners in over the years as far as mainboards.

Abit also has a standard repair charge after the regular warranty is up. Any part fixed for $25.

I did have an NF7 board a few years ago that I really liked so I think I'm giving the IP35-E a try.

Given the choice between this or the Gigabyte DS3L, which one is the better choice?

I was just about to order the DS3L when I saw this and now I'm unsure what to do. Will be using an e2180, hopefully around the 3.0ghz range.

I have the Abit IP35-V and a E2180 and it's very easy to o/c it to 3ghz. The reset switch on the back helps tons too.

i'm just pissed about no response. i know i am a minority. but nothing. ignoring my emails. that sux. but this is a good board for the price.

good luck all. i would never puchase from abit again, but this is the hot deals forums. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.....:)

take care all and come and see me at the prescott costco, chad t.....:)

This isn't a "get what you pay for board"

At $120 dollars it was ranked best in class.

The board is onsale at $60 dollars.

When compared to a $300 dollar bells and whistle board you lack options...but the clear fact is for $60 there is NOTHING else that's even close.

Some people have gotten over 500mhz FSB with this board --- it keeps up with the $300 dollar board in overclock options - just not in the full bells and whistles feature set (as mentioned earlier).

Just ordered one... but, damn it with NewEgg and their price fluctuations! They raised the price to $99.

Does NewEgg "refund" money if the price of an item drops , say, within a week or so of the purchase?

No...

They will pricematch only within a few hours/maybe a half day.

No...

They will pricematch only within a few hours/maybe a half day.

I guess I'm a sweet talker then, hehehe... the price was dropped to $89.99 again today, so I called and got them to refund me the $10 difference :D.

Got my Abit IP35-e board in...

It's very nice and is a full size board!

Overclocked my q6600 to 3.0Ghz on stock voltage by increasing my FSB to 333.
This is with retail heatsink and fan.

I"m going to let the prime 95 torture test run all night and see what happens. My CPU's are at about 58/58/55/55 right now --- highest I"ve seen them so far is 60*

I am using artic silver ceramique for the Intel retail heatsink and fan.

It's very cool to get 600mhz overclock on stock voltage.

Got my Abit IP35-e board in...

It's very nice and is a full size board!

Overclocked my q6600 to 3.0Ghz on stock voltage by increasing my FSB to 333.
This is with retail heatsink and fan.

I"m going to let the prime 95 torture test run all night and see what happens. My CPU's are at about 58/58/55/55 right now --- highest I"ve seen them so far is 60*

I am using artic silver ceramique for the Intel retail heatsink and fan.

It's very cool to get 600mhz overclock on stock voltage.

Same setup except for some OCZ 800. 333x9 hit me right at 3ghz on air. BIOS claims 50 as my highest temps and the abit eq claims its 40. 600mhz for free in 3 seconds isnt bad.

I love this boards target CPU temp feature whether it works or not. You can essentially manually adjust and automatically adjusting fan. Set it for 40 degrees and give at a variance .... and it will spin faster more often if you want it cooler or vice versa.

I happened to have that flaw after griping about it (haha @ me). It shuts for about a second after turning on for about a second. Restarts and is fine. There's probably a flaw, a lacking BIOS update, or some incompatible hardware somewhere along the lines. Not enough to make me RMA it.

There's a BIOS update to fix that - mine does it too....

Starts up for about 3 seconds, shuts down for about 3 seconds, starts back up again normally.

The Bios revision descriptions says it fixes that issue on everything but a power loss cold boot.

Ran Prime 95 on all four cores last night while I was sleeping for about 6 and 1/2 hours with my Intel retail heatsink/fan + artic silver ceramique. Temps got no higher than 66* according to core temp's log with my 3.0Ghz overclock on stock voltage.

This means I don't have much headroom for overclocking higher without a new heatsink/fan combo - but it is also very cool that I'm 100% stable at 3.0Ghz without any voltage modification. I think I might just leave it alone and a year down the line when I'm hungry for a bit more speed try to by a new heatsink and up the ante a bit. The only problem with doing this is my 800mhz RAM is only running at 667. (PC6400 running at PC5700) I could use a RAM mutiplier setting of 1.2 to get it to 800mhz but not sure if that hurts efficiency to lose the 1:1 settings. Anyway - Immediately after quiting prime 95 my CPU temps dropped back down to 38,38,34,34. Now they are at 37,37,34,34 while typing this.

I tried last night 400mhz FSB x 8x CPU multiplier with a 1:1 RAM multiplier using stock voltage, but it wouldn't boot into windows. I tried again with 2.24 CPU voltage, but it failed again. I'll play with it some more tonight and see what I can come up with, but seeing that my CPU temps got to 66* with stock voltage I don't have a whole lot more room to play around with this intel cooler -- until I upgrade!

Overall just very happy with my board and cpu purchase. I was amazed that while running prime 95 and task manager showing all four cores chewing at 100% that I was still able to use my computer normally. Still able to listen to MP3's, surf, and mouse resonsiveness was almost normal. Never saw that before on dual core I've owned. --- normally it's start prime 95 and walk away because the computer isn't very functional.

I would be all over this...if it wasn't for the mail in rebate. :(

Why can't they just have a rebate where you fill it out online?

Going to pick one of these up as soon as the payment clears from the xbox i sold. Then all ill have to do is buy a cpu and some ram. Should be a huge upgrade from my current comp(sig)

Guys,

The rebate form asks for the original sales receipt... but NewEgg doesn't include one, just a packing slip. Will that suffice?

Back