ABIT IC7 questions?

publik_en3my

Weaksauce
Dear bros,

My IC7' I/O chip (the one controls PS2 ports,...) just broke last week due to the water tube leaking (I guessed). I had it repaired already, it is running fine (at least up until now :)).

I wanna to know whether that chip replacement will affect the overall overclokability of my rigs?

Thanks your y'all replies.

Your best bet is just gonna be to try it and find out.... From the sounds of it though, it shouldn't make any difference in how far you can OC the board

PhoenixAshes said:
Your best bet is just gonna be to try it and find out.... From the sounds of it though, it shouldn't make any difference in how far you can OC the board

So you mean that it does not affect my rigs' overclockability???

water leaked? Man, that could be really bad, PCB and Water = Corrosion, the board will eat itself, Litterally. If yer IO chip was replaced, and that was the only place that the water got to, you should have NO probs OC'ing to max of the CPU, or the RAM, which ever is better. (hopefully equal)

JucyTEC said:
water leaked? Man, that could be really bad, PCB and Water = Corrosion, the board will eat itself, Litterally. If yer IO chip was replaced, and that was the only place that the water got to, you should have NO probs OC'ing to max of the CPU, or the RAM, which ever is better. (hopefully equal)

I had my mobo and my vid sunbathed after the leaking troublesomes :D. The water also got to some other places but only the IO chip was "drowned" :D. My rigs is still fine up to now (2 weeks), I hope there is no more problem.

Ya know, my friends here often washed their mobos, CPU, Vid after benchmarking with dry ice or LN2. Then, let them sunbath for 2 hours and everything is fine :D.

Thanks for ya reply.

Back