Abit IB9 BIOS Flashing

jbmx4life

2[H]4U
As of right now I am having problems getting the cpu multi to change. I decided that I was going to try the 1.3Beta BIOS that is out for this board to see if maybe that would fix the issue. Well it would be nice if I could try it that is. I have tried everything that I could find to flash the 1.3Beta to the motherboard. Every time I try I get the error "It Is Not AWARD BIOS!". At first I thought that maybe the file was bad so I d/l'd another one, same thing. So then I tried the 1.1 (release BIOS) and got the same message. I have tried numerous switches, none have worked. I am totally fricken lost now as to what I should do/try to get the 1.3Beta BIOS flashed into the motherboard for testing.

Please help! :D

maybe it's just a screwup on Abit's part. With the 1.1 bios installed, does it say it's an Award bios in CPU-Z? One of the reviews on newegg says it's a phoenix bios.

Phoenix is Award. I even asked one of my other compy g33k friends the same thing to confirm. My BIOS chip says Phoenix right on it even! Anywho here is the latest:

I tried using various versions of the "AWDFLASH" including the one that came with the downloads. I went out and found the AwardBIOS WinFlash Utility and at first it told me that the BIOS wasn't an AWARD BIOS just like I had been told in DOS mode. I then tried it a second time and everything came up fine. So I flashed it and went thru the rest of the normal procedures (CMOS reset, load optimal, then set everything). Everything was awefully quirky tho for some reason (don't think that I was running stock during flash). My AVG anti-virus would just not load for some reason, WinXP wouldn't finish loading and keep rebooting til it would finally load, wouldn't load at known good settings, just weird stuff. I made sure that everything was at stock and going good, then I re-flashed with the same BIOS, cleared CMOS for 30+ Mins, load optimal defaults, then set everything but the overclock so far.

I still haven't figured out what was causing the initial problem tho.

EDIT: Oh yeah I can now change the multi and it sticks :D

Oh well...at least it works now :). I'm looking at getting one of these boards with a E4300, so I'm interested to see how they work.

Yeah the board looks great but the BIOS needs work for it to be great. The 1.3Beta is still flaky as hell and I haven't gotten it figured out. I am at 375*8 right now and it runs fine when it finally gets running, but it has trouble getting going in the first place. It will reboot itself a few times and then load up but it still might not be right. Sometimes it craps out my AVG and it will kill the onboard LAN. Reboot it once more and then everything will be fine.

Very very quirky.

crap that sucks

has great potential to be a good budget c2d board .... get the bios right ABIT!!!

Nope, the 1.2 BIOS is fine except for the fact that I cannot get the CPU multi to stick when I change it. I am on the 1.2 BIOS now running at 333*9.

Nope, the 1.2 BIOS is fine except for the fact that I cannot get the CPU multi to stick when I change it. I am on the 1.2 BIOS now running at 333*9.

Is all the Speedstep, C1E, etc. disabled? I had that problem on a different board. No matter what I set the multiplier at, it always defaulted to the full value.

yup I got all of that disabled.

IB9 series:
Beta BIOS M615B_13.B01:
1. Support W83627DHG,JMB368 (For IB9-V)
2. Fixing into XP system, after Conroe CPU multiplier became maximum.

DISCLAIMER:
Universal abit will not be held responsible or liable for any damage made with using a BETA BIOS.
Please proceed with discretion and do not attempt to use unless you know what you are doing!

That was my reasoning for flashing to the 1.3Beta.

Back