abit exits mainboard market - confirmed

abit is probably ok. every few months this rumor starts up and we reminisce about the early days of overclocking for a few pages.

It's not denial. If they are gone as a mobo manufacturer then that's it & we'll all move to other suppliers, life will go on.
I have seen what unsubstantiated rumours can do to the business of what was a sound company though & the internet can spread that quicker & further than ever though so it's even possible that this could become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Notice that it's now a couple of days later, after abit supposedly were going to tell disties or whatever yesterday & no-one else has confirmed this from their own sources, it all stems from Hexus.
Given all the contacts that journos have don't you find that even slightly odd?

Yep, all you say is true.

Except, viable companies will make a denial to combat the rumors.

If you've seen one, post it.

PS. If you believe this...

Apparently abit will continue to deliver mainboards until the end of the year and will honour RMAs and warranties for three years subsequently.
more power to ya.

As usual, don't look at what they're saying, look at what their doing.

Laying people off, not releasing new MBs...if you think that's not a bad sign, I don't know what to tell ya.

I've been wanting to do a new build for myself for several months now and have been waiting for the IP45 Pro to be released.I'm not a gamer and may still go with an IP35 Pro XE, which I almost bought before the P45's were released.
decisions.decisions...........

aw bummer, I really enjoyed my old abit mobo in my ancient P4 rig...they had a real user friend OCing tool

Ah yes, it seems like so long ago. I remember my first real PC build from scratch with an Abit motherboard and P4, I loved that onboard OC tool, I had no idea what I was actually doing back then but that tool made it easy and fun. I think the only reason I bought an abit board at the time was that I liked the firery red PCB and they had good reviews, lol.

abit has had a few good products since they became Universal abit. However as far as I am concerned the ABIT we all know and used to love died years ago.

Very true. Last Abit mobo from me was my nf2.

RIP abit you use to make good mobos!

Except, viable companies will make a denial to combat the rumors.

If you've seen one, post it.
what we do know - abit have been having major staff reorg & are in the process of moving HQ premises.
It's a possibility that they are trying to work out who is actually responsible for confirming/denying this?

not releasing new MBs...
but they've just released 2 new mobos ...

It's now afternoon in Europe (& needless to say even later in Taiwan etc.) on the Monday after abit supposedly were going to announce this to disties etc. on Friday & still no other sites confirming this from their own sources.

This really sucks :( My current motherboards in both my rig's are Abit IP35 Pro's, and they are the most rock solid stable boards I have ever owned. I was wondering what ever happened to the IP45 from Abit, so I guess no X58 coming from Abit now either :confused:

They made kick ass board back in the days...oh well RIP abit

The Abit IP35 Pro is recent and may be the best P35 mb ever.

I had awful experience with a few Asus boards in the last 2 years and I do not know if I will buy an Asus board ever again...
Gigabyte? DFI?

The Abit IP35 Pro is recent and may be the best P35 mb ever.

I had awful experience with a few Asus boards in the last 2 years and I do not know if I will buy an Asus board ever again...
Gigabyte? DFI?

I've had too many hit or miss type experiences with DFI to recommend them. Gigabyte is pretty solid though. I've liked most of their offerings over the last couple of years.

this is sad if true, some of my favorite boards were from abit. I skipped over them with my A64 days, but went back to them with my last 2 boards.

NF7-S
IT7-Max2 v2
IC7
AW9D-Max
IP-35 Pro

Those were all great boards for me, looks like I'll have to go back to DFI or Asus again.

this is sad if true, some of my favorite boards were from abit. I skipped over them with my A64 days, but went back to them with my last 2 boards.

NF7-S
IT7-Max2 v2
IC7
AW9D-Max
IP-35 Pro

Those were all great boards for me, looks like I'll have to go back to DFI or Asus again.

ABIT/abit's AMD processor compatible motherboards were never all that great. Their Intel processor compatible motherboards were definitely their better effort.

Loved and learned to overclock on my Abit NF7-S 2.0. SATA corruption issues out the yin-yang.. Took my Athlon MP 2500+ from 1.8GHz to 2.5GHz with no problem all day everyday though. Never bought from them again until this year when I bought an IP35-Pro. Works like a champ and I almost bought another one, the XE, but decided on a DFI instead....kinda glad I did that now..

ABIT/abit's AMD processor compatible motherboards were never all that great.
I'm going to disagree with that (what a surprise ;)) at least on 462/939
NF7 V2.0 series - legendary
AN8 series (especially Ultra) - terrific mobo. Maybe not the best overclocking nF4 but certainly capable of getting very close & a joy to use.
AN8 32X - imo (& many others) superior to Asus A8N32
AT8/AT8 32X - probably the best of an admittedly not wonderful bunch of ATi chipset mobos

AM2 - I'll give you that the AN9/KN9 series were good rather than great but they've had some great mATX
AM2+ - AX78 is probably the best 770 chipset mobo & the A-S78H is a very nice 780G

Still, at least [H] appear to be the first site to corroborate Hexus news from their own sources rather than just repeat/reference them.

I'm going to disagree with that (what a surprise ;)) at least on 462/939
NF7 V2.0 series - legendary
AN8 series (especially Ultra) - terrific mobo. Maybe not the best overclocking nF4 but certainly capable of getting very close & a joy to use.
AN8 32X - imo (& many others) superior to Asus A8N32
AT8/AT8 32X - probably the best of an admittedly not wonderful bunch of ATi chipset mobos

AM2 - I'll give you that the AN9/KN9 series were good rather than great but they've had some great mATX
AM2+ - AX78 is probably the best 770 chipset mobo & the A-S78H is a very nice 780G

Still, at least [H] appear to be the first site to corroborate Hexus news from their own sources rather than just repeat/reference them.

Well aside from the NF7 (which I still have) I'm going to continue to disagree. The AN8 32X was good but I wouldn't say it is better than the A8N32 SLI Deluxe. I had a better experience with the ASUS board. I haven't seen any abit AM2 boards in the last year or more so I can't really comment on those.

First off all.... NOOOOOOO! I loved Abit. Using there boards in almost every application. My current 939 gaming computer is still using one. This sucks. I guess its straight Asus and dfi/msi from now on in.

Sometimes a motherboard manufacturer exiting the business is a good thing. I almost threw a party when Soyo stopped making motherboards.

Yeah, now if we could only get rid of Foxconn now. Crappy ass shit capacitor using company.

R.I.P. Abit.

Your company brought some good things to us. I've played many games and built many PC's with Abit motherboards. Abit was always my "goto" motherboard.

I'm on my first INTEL board after moving from the AMD processors, maybe i'll stick with them now...

R.I.P. Abit.

Your company brought some good things to us. I've played many games and built many PC's with Abit motherboards. Abit was always my "goto" motherboard.

I'm on my first INTEL board after moving from the AMD processors, maybe i'll stick with them now...

Intel makes a stable and high quality product. Though their latest board (DX48BT2) is a sub-par offering in my book.

Back