ABIT Claims nForce3 250 “Unstable”

notoriousformula

[H]ard|Gawd
ABIT continued this week to demonstrate its position to provide its customers only the best and rock-stable solutions. The company’s anonymous representative told The Inquirer web-site that NVIDIA’s latest core-logic for AMD Athlon 64 processors – the nForce3 250-series – was not enough stable to serve ABIT’s mainboards. Later another source with knowledge of the mainboard maker’s plans told X-bit labs that ABIT still has NVIDIA nForce3 250 mainboards in the roadmap.

“I can understand ABIT in regards of the nForce3 250. Despite of being very popular among enthusiasts, the previous-generation nForce2 core-logic appeared to be pretty unstable, especially when overclocking. One of the issues with the nForce2 were processor system bus’ frequencies jumping up and down by around 5%, another was lost BIOS settings stored in flash memory :eek: . Both troubles probably cost ABIT’s technical support a headache and now engineers from the company want to try everything really thoroughly so that not to run into the same problems again,”

Some believe that NVIDIA will be able to solve all the possible problems with the nForce3 250-series with a revamped revision of the chips. Unfortunately, no one knows when this happens and when mainboard makers are confident about NVIDIA’s latest core-logic.

On the other hand, at least some manufacturers of mainboards, such as Chaintech, ship the nForce3 250-series based platforms now, which means that either they ignore certain possible issues or have ways to overcome the potential problems. >> Thats why everybody who bought the Chaintech NF3 250 model is selling it back for less , ~ $50 on every forum..LOL

One of the issues with the nForce2 were processor system bus’ frequencies jumping up and down by around 5% - Anyone had this trouble? Sounds like spread spectrum to me....

crap crap crap...now i have to wait even longer for a good nf3-250 board...my new-pc desire is burning a hole in my SOUL.

Back