Abandonment shooting at St. Nazianz Wi.

Here are a few from a shoot this last weekend at St. Nazianz in Wisconsin. A friend of mine got a small group of us into the buildings. It was a very odd feeling to be in someplace with so much despair.

I'm in the middle row in the black Old Navy pullover.

St. Nazianz by usacpro, on Flickr

Me, chillin in the boiler room.

Most exposures were 8-30 secs with ISOs from 800-3200 with the Sigma 8-16. It was a great time with some great friends.

Here is the link to the full set. http://www.flickr.com/photos/rob-allen/sets/72157627954647379/

Suddenly I regret sleeping through history class... what exactly is this?

The place is pretty creepy i am only about 20 miles from there and have been in the place before

Even after reading the wiki; i'm a little confused what caused the neglect that building suffered; was it abandoned after the storm?

I wish we had cool places like that in Houston :(

Why the masks is the Asbestos or some other chemical present or just because of all the dust?

Was the door there or did you put it there to take the photo? Also the EIXF data for the subject distance "4294967295 m" is messed up is that because you were shooting Manual?

Love the 7d BTW me and some of my friends just finished a film on the 7d, did you shoot these RAW?

Last edited:
Hiya Geek,

There was large amounts of Asbestos and mold everywhere! The mold in some rooms was so bad the whole room was black. The door was already in place, it was a great line up. I'm not sure about the shooting distance error, though. I did do some of the shooting in manual focus as well, maybe that messed with the body being a Sigma lens. Everything was shot in RAW, it's the only way to shoot.

I've messed with the video a little bit with it, it's a different crazy world and I have so little time for editing as it is. To toss video editing into the mix would kill me.

Back