a8js memory upgrade

enlightenedby42

Supreme [H]ardness
ok..so after months of torturing over a new laptop, i think i've finally settled on the asus a8js. seems to fit my needs and budget better than anything out there.

they come with 1x1gb ddr2 667 apparently, and i'd like to add another gig (preforably from newegg). there seem to be different rated sticks, and i can't seem to find precise enough specs to determine which one is a compatible upgrade. any experience or recommendation on what to get?

do you need a nvidia card? if not, get the a8jp, it's ~$200 cheaper and the cards perform about the same in most current gaming titles (source)

you can get the a8jp @ newegg

you should probably call your reseller and ask them what ram they use, i'd imagine different resellers use different choices

bump, lappie in hand and about to order a memory upgrade. Any reason that any given 1 gig stick wouldn't be compatible with the one (cpuz says it was manufactured by hitatchi) already installed?

Can't find a damn thing on google except an asus certified stick through a sketchy reseller that I'd rather avoid.

edit: What the hell is the difference between this and this? I read that different manufacturers simply round differently but two different products from one manu?

I ordered one of these back in October for my friend's a8jm - it's been working just fine since then.

Back