A7N8X sound problems someone plz help!

L33T_AmD

Weaksauce
Hello all, i have recently got the a7n8x delx mobo yet iam having some slight problems with the sound. Iam using the onboard sound storm system. I have downloaded the new drivers for the nivida sound devices and all seemed to be sounding nice yet while in games an even just while iam at desktop, i hear a buzzing in the background and also i do hear sound fx to clear in some games. Can any one help me on this one??? thanks

John
AIM:Nautica5269

I've heard that sound interference (buzzing) on this board is caused by the southbridge chip running too hot. Slap a small heatsink on it and, if that's the problem, it should be fine.

remove the nvidia drivers, caus they suck on the asus board

use the asus ones, get them from the site

as a matter of fact, remove the whole nforce2 driver package from nvidia (including ide's, etc...) and just install the asus ones, those run best

Wheres the asus ones? any one have a link to which one i should download??? thanks

Yea those are the drivers i already have installed and its still giving me problems with the sound. Mainly the soun problems have to do with sound fx in the game. I mainly just hear music in most games even with my volume all the way up. Does any one else have this problem??

I don't have this board, but a friend of mine does. He was having a major problem with interference in the sound. He mostly had it when he was in linux. He ended up messing around for a while, couldn't fix the problem... so he ended up getting pissed and just buying a soundblaster and disabling the sound onboard.

if you can't find a solution, you can get a decent soundblaster for pretty cheap.. just as easy solution if you cant' fix the problem any other way.

I second heatsinking the southbridge, it runs mega hot.

If you don't want to do this try pointing a fan directly at it and see if that helps at all.

Back